Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford only charged me the $100... I think the dealership has the rest of the money.
Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Priority customers getting theirs first is nothing new; it’s a standard practice. I’m guessing the reason in this case that Ford has made it known they are doing priority deliveries is because of the reservations and the fact that those of us who aren’t priorities would blow up if, surprise, we started seeing a couple people in town driving Broncos before we get ours. In most auto releases, priority folks get one earmarked around the same time actual models appear physically on dealer lots. This is different; VIPs riding around when we don’t at least have the ability to go to the lot and buy one.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have no problem letting priority code orders go out first, that just means less issues for Broncos built down the line. Even if its a couple thousand, its not going to set the timeline that far back when full production starts. Good things happen to people who have some patients. Its going to be a way longer wait if you didnt get an order in.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good on Ford for giving dealers a way to keep longtime/close/big customers happy. No problem with this, as it really won’t affect the rest of us.
Cronyism=good ???

In principle I find the system problematic, but personally DGAF since I don't want to be the guinea pig and expect a MY22 due to options.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

LoloG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was one of the lucky ones I guess. My dealer texted me and said that they were awarded 2 priority orders. I was looking at end of the line MY21 or pushing to 22. I've been selected as one of the 2 priority orders for my dealership. I'll believe when I see the production schedule in May, but one can dream....

4-door Badlands, 2.7 Squatch Area 51.

I was as well. I honestly didn't believe my dealer when he asked if we wanted the priority spot. I felt bad saying "yes" but would feel stupid saying "no". Like you, I'll believe it when I see it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I suppose that I don't think prioritizing a limited number of priority spots for in a way that rewards the best, most frequent, or loyal customers is "behaving badly".

In the world, scarcity is a real thing. There is no perfectly fair way to manage scarcity. One of the best ways is the free market system.
I think the free market system already played out prior to Mar 19. You could say that was a "fair" process to deal with scarcity. People could reserve when they wanted to, dealers could charge whatever they wanted, buyers could choose the dealership, Ford could manipulate the rules, nobody was forced to a complete deal, etc.

In my opinion, to change the "rules" after the fact is a dishonest way to do business and is inherently unfair at that point, especially after stating that reservation timestamps would be used to the extent possible. Ford is primarily to blame, but some dealerships are collaborators.

LoloG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. Doctors can afford more and often are VIP customers.
For what it's worth, I was selected and I'm not a doctor and this is the first Ford I've ever bought. The dealer knows this Bronco is a gift for my husband and thought that was cool so he said he wanted to offer me this priority option.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m surprised this thread hasn’t been closed yet seeing how there’s no official word from Ford about this priority list being true. I’m still on the “I’ll believe it when I hear it from the horses mouth” train.
I have a history of reporting only facts. What I post is always backed with corroboration or statistics and data.
- Ford has already announced these special allocations at a public event.
- Dealerships have held raffles for them.
- Customers have reported getting them.

If you want more proof of that, I don't know what to tell you.

How does one know if they have a priority order? What is their priority code on their build sheet?
You can call your dealership and ask them. They'll tell you if you got one or if they gave it to someone else, if they even received one from the start. Not all dealerships did.

Ford only charged me the $100... I think the dealership has the rest of the money.
That money actually went to the dealership. So, they got ALL your money. :C

I was a lucky one too! I hope this means I will get my Bronco in June :)

Black Diamond | 2.7L | Velocity Blue
Congratulations!!! That's awesome! The 2.7L might be a bit of a commodity, but I hope you get yours in June too. :D

OP
OP
Cappy

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For what it's worth, I was selected and I'm not a doctor and this is the first Ford I've ever bought. The dealer knows this Bronco is a gift for my husband and thought that was cool so he said he wanted to offer me this priority option.
Congratulations! If you and your hubby are in the DFW area maybe you'd swing by and my wife and I could take you out for BBQ... and more importantly ride in the new Bronco! :)

BigMex

Badlands
First Name
Ezra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 White Ford Bronco (moar door, 7spd, lux)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the free market system already played out prior to Mar 19. You could say that was a "fair" process to deal with scarcity. People could reserve when they wanted to, dealers could charge whatever they wanted, buyers could choose the dealership, Ford could manipulate the rules, nobody was forced to a complete deal, etc.

In my opinion, to change the "rules" after the fact is a dishonest way to do business and is inherently unfair at that point, especially after stating that reservation timestamps would be used to the extent possible. Ford is primarily to blame, but some dealerships are collaborators.
We may have different opinions, and I can't say you're all wrong.
Hopefully we'll be happy Bronco drivers soon and this all will be nothing but a dusty memory on the trail. Hang in there!

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well looks like some of y’all weren’t able to sleep the saltiness off.
Neither tequila nor sleep worked but at least I tried :)
Sponsored