Sponsored

Purchase Agreements?

VIN-holders: Have you signed a purchase agreement with your dealer?

• Total voters

Hooper

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan rogue, have reservation for new bronco 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Dealer seems like a good guy. He sent me the order including the invoice showing the difference. I got in late to a buying group so I think I'm at invoice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait, you placed an order without an agreed price? Yikes.
Sigh. No.

I was sent an itemized order summary with all corresponding costs associated with the vehicle. What I didn’t do was sign a purchase agreement that would include that number accompanied by any other additional fees.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Sigh. No.

I was sent an itemized order summary with all corresponding costs associated with the vehicle. What I didn’t do was sign a purchase agreement that would include that number accompanied by any other additional fees.
Sounds like you agreed to pay MSRP. Not great but at least no ADM which should be the big concern in these conditions. Discussing additional fees should of been part of the price negotiations, but a lot of states set limits on doc fees etc. Not sure how your state is.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You see how there could be misunderstanding in the customer’s responsibilities throughout this process?
Not really. Do you need the dealer or Ford to tell you to confirm what you are going to have to pay when you take delivery? Again, your dealer may add additional dealer markup of $5k to $10k and tell you that's what it's going to take to get delivery. It's just common sense as a purchaser of a large cost item that is traditionally negotiated to lock in your price (all in) before you would place an order.

Many of us have below invoice pricing in place. That wouldn't have happened waiting until delivery.

I'm sorry you are in this position, but it's of your own doing. I hope that your dealer is a stand-up dealer and doesn't rake you over the coals. Either way, hopefully for you, lesson learned.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really. Do you need the dealer or Ford to tell you to confirm what you are going to have to pay when you take delivery? Again, your dealer may add additional dealer markup of $5k to $10k and tell you that's what it's going to take to get delivery. It's just common sense as a purchaser of a large cost item that is traditionally negotiated to lock in your price (all in) before you would place an order.

Many of us have below invoice pricing in place. That wouldn't have happened waiting until delivery.

I'm sorry you are in this position, but it's of your own doing. I hope that your dealer is a stand-up dealer and doesn't rake you over the coals. Either way, hopefully for you, lesson learned.
Yikes man. It seems you might be one of those individuals that would rather make other people feel bad for not having done what he’s done, as opposed to passing on some constructive or helpful insight.

In which case there’s no point to this conversation.

Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Don't blame the messenger...what do you want? Us to hold your hand or offer a back-rub? Collect a pot from B6G users to pay for your added fees?

Go to your dealer (too late to change) and ask for a detailed listing of fees and costs on top of MSRP (which you already agreed to) and then negotiate against whatever he gives you.

There's not much else you can do.

OP
OP
HawaiiSlim

HawaiiSlim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you agreed to pay MSRP. Not great but at least no ADM which should be the big concern in these conditions. Discussing additional fees should of been part of the price negotiations, but a lot of states set limits on doc fees etc. Not sure how your state is.
Sounds like it, but I’d feel more confident having signed something. I’ve already looked into state limitations on doc fees, estimated sales tax, etc. So outside of the MSRP I’m hoping there won’t be too many surprises.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All is not lost but at this point your best bet is probably MSRP and no more as that what is printed on your DORA. However, it doesn't mean that you can't go in there and try to negotiate. But you need to do it now and not when they call you to pick up your Bronco. First thing you need to to is squash all dealer add-ons (nitrogen filled tires, window etching, rust inhibitor, etc, etc) these item are just another way for the dealership to make money and should not be added to a custom order unless agreed upon. Only exception would be window tint if you want it but shop around for competitive price. Next, is figure up a fair discounted price and ask for it, the worst they can do, and what they are trained to do is, say no but ask and ask again. Ask for free service and car washes, whatever you can make stick.

As far as a trade-in. Carvana/Carmax/etc are paying outrageous prices for used car right now. Get a quote a couple days before your Bronco shows up and take that to the dealer with you. Have the math already done so you know where your break even point is on their offer and the sales tax saved. (Quick example using easing numbers. Bronco sells at 60k and your tax rate is 5%, your tax bill is $3k, Carmax values your trade-in at $30k. If the dealer offers you anything above $28.5k it is a win for you as you are only paying taxes on difference between the trade-in and your Bronco. But don't take their first offer and ask for more.

For financing, get a quote from your bank and/or credit union before you head to the dealership. Let them know you have a good rate from your own institution but they are welcome to try and beat and earn your business. This is another opportunity to negotiate. If you have a good rate, tell them if they can match it or beat it by 0.x% then you will use their preferred lender, but only if they throw in x (oil changes, ball cap, whatever motivates you). At this point, It will be difficult to get them to lower the price because you probably already agreed upon and signed an offer, but it doesn't hurt to ask them to knock $xxx if you use their lender. And educate yourself on gap insurance, decide if you want it before going to the dealership, and get a quote from your own insurer.

Like I said, all is not lost but you have to be prepared and start preparing now. There will only be surprises if you let there be. Start negotiating price with them before your Bronco is delivered and hit them with the renegotiating during finance/closing. Have a spreadsheet ready on your phone to crunch some quick trade-in and finance numbers. Walk in with confidence and know what you want.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is a lot of condescension and insulting in this thread. I didn’t sign anything and wasn’t asked to, and I have never had to sign anything in advance of buying a car in my life. I’m sure many here haven’t either. I’ve never special-ordered a car. I’ve gone to the lot and negotiated the price, and they drew up the paperwork accordingly, and I got the car.

Though not special ordered, the last vehicle I bought for myself was one the dealer had driven over from a dealer in another state, because it was the trim package and color I wanted. And once it arrived, I then negotiated the price.

So much drama in this thread.

I’m good with MSRP on a hot, scarce commodity like this Bronco, and frankly do not expect a discount. Same was true when I finally found the right Telluride for my wife. Bravo to the few dealers offering incentives on the Bronco, but that’s going to be the exception to the rule.

Every one of us when we made our reservation, in my mind, agreed to the MSRP shown. Otherwise, why reserve?

“Hey, it’s me, the guy who has been waiting a year for this exact car, and you know I want it because I’ve contacted you a number of times asking about it since I reserved it, and if I decide to flake you can probably have it sold to someone else within 12 hours. But, let me pretend I have any leverage to get a discount.”

Last edited:

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Signed my order sheet. Z plan price is set though.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At one month out from my (currently standing) build date, I have yet to discuss numbers with my dealer as they’ve been incredibly difficult to keep in contact with.

Where does everyone else stand on finalizing purchase price?
Good luck. I am amazed that someone would order without having a price locked in...as now the dealer has you completely by the short hairs. You had months and months and months to negotaite and move dealers if you didn't like what they offered. Now if you don't pay whatever they ask, they can turn it within hours to someone else for whatever they ask, and you are SOL. You have lost all negotating power at this point and have to take what they give you. Hopefully what they give you is a somewhat fair deal. I wish you well....

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will after work today, hoping for anything other than a disaster. But, we’ll see.

I have zero experience purchasing a vehicle from a manufacturer, so I was bound to mess something up I suppose.
Let us know how it goes. I wish you success.

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I signed a DORA confirming all the details of my build and the MSRP. Some of you are real a$$holes. Good luck my friend, I hope you have an honest reputable dealer.

Ukon

Outer Banks
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just placed my order today.
Pricing was right along MSRP... of course with that damn sales tax crap added on!
We did not discuss financing, as things could drastically change between today and whenever the hell I actually get a Bronco.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this. Nothing signed. Got them to email me this a week ago after I kept asking for a copy.

65F1E8A3-2BF2-46DF-9430-509DAEB7565B.jpeg
Looks like the one I got, except mine shows Invoice as well. I'm at invoice...
Sponsored