Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford CEO must be a troll I suppose.
“he blamed the drop primarily on the flubbed launch of the new Ford Explorer SUV at its factory in Chicago. New Explorers came off the assembly line with multiple problems and had to be shipped to a Detroit-area factory for repairs.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...lorer-launch-putting-ceo-back-on-the-hot-seat

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-ford-earnings-20200204-zbely7cmk5ejrpgjv6ws5yszxa-story.html?outputType=amp

https://carbuzz.com/news/ford-explorer-problems-puts-massive-pressure-on-ford-ceo

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fordau...xplorer-launch-puts-pressure-on-ford-ceo/amp/

I don’t think it’s unreasanable to wonder about quality of a new product off a new line when a seasoned product off a new line had this level of problems. That’s all. i have a 69 bronco and an 18 explorer and I like them but that doesn’t mean I lay 60 grand down no questioned asked and asking questions doesnt make someone a jeep troll. But if you do happen to be a ford fan boy I have a 78 pinto I’m looking to sell.
It’s not a seasoned car tho. The new Explorer is a unibody RWD crossover. Correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t believe ford has EVER made a SUV like that before. At least not in the USA.

and before the change over from the old generation to current, they were worried about down time. How long would the change take? I think the money pushers rushed the change over to try to make a certain goal
Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I honestly think that reliability problems for almost all vehicles are overblown. I've driven 100k+ miles, all on high mileage used vehicles, and I've had one check engine light. (For an evap line) Ford, Mazda, jeep. Modern vehicles are so damn reliable compared to their older counterparts it's crazy. IMO if something goes wrong, it will go wrong fairly early and warranty will cover it just fine.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ch-by-not-getting-the-coyote.1042/#post-24820

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
And chrispy said they have a TSB for a fix. I should specify more I guess: If an engine doesn't have a known defect or problem, then it will likely be good for many, many miles. Especially compared to older vehicles. And at this point those known defects usually occur under warranty. Not that it's ok, but most vehicles that survive 60k miles relatively problem free should have no problem getting to 160k+

Last edited:

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
No I totally agree, that's what my point is. With most cars nowadays if there is a problem, the manufacturer is pretty good about fixing it unless there is no fix. (cough focus/fiesta DCT) Way better than they used to be for sure.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just thought it was comical how he's claiming "reliability problems for almost all vehicles are overblown" , yet just the other day it was " Sounds like the new 2018+ Coyote sucks.", due to supposed reliability problem.

Sponsored

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think the money pushers rushed the change over to try to make a certain goal
This happens all too often at all manufactures and those of us within engineering have to constantly push back. They (Bean Counters) tend to see things in a more "short term dollar cost" vs. "long term dollar cost".
(I don't work within the automotive industry, but I do work for a global company (been with them over 21 years) that's been around a very long time, who's products are Green and Yellow.)

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this feeling that the Explorer team in 2019 was trying to beat the 2015 F-150 record/reputation for fastest, most impressive and most successful launch/plant changeover, but their "rocket" blew up on the launch pad. The Bronco is different, the plant where the Ranger was launched was able to take its time since they were not making any focus's there anymore, and even though it was initially only launching the Ranger, the extensive redesign of the assembly plant had the Bronco in mind from the start. All the way down to the shorter wheelbase vehicle lifts. I don't want to jinx anything but I expect the Bronco to be relatively chill compared to the recent explorer launch.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have this feeling that the Explorer team in 2019 was trying to beat the 2015 F-150 record/reputation for fastest, most impressive and most successful launch/plant changeover, but their "rocket" blew up on the launch pad. The Bronco is different, the plant where the Ranger was launched was able to take its time since they were not making any focus's there anymore, and even though it was initially only launching the Ranger, the extensive redesign of the assembly plant had the Bronco in mind from the start. All the way down to the shorter wheelbase vehicle lifts. I don't want to jinx anything but I expect the Bronco to be relatively chill compared to the recent explorer launch.
Odds are they are slowly changing over the line already. Checking each process.
Also I think the release of the Telluride/ Palisade rushed Ford a little
Sponsored