Sponsored

Question about drain plugs, crawl mode vs. sport, etc...

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had to do some wiring under the rubber flooring in my Badlands and it's just the metal tub under there. Can't imagine it's any different than a carpeted one.

Can't have the leather seat electronics right where you'll be hosing out the floor so they add the carpet.
that's another issue...I'm conditioned now to electronic seat adjustment...are the manual ones 'good enough' to optimize for longer rides or are the electronic much better? Any lumbar support adjustments with either?
Sponsored

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why not just get a 2.7 Sasquatch Black Diamond? MGV, rubber floor, sport mode. Wildtrak interior is wonky and has the goofy plastic rear bumper.
I donā€™t need the extra tech. Itā€™s all about the machine to me. My build comes in at 47K with Sas, trailer tow, 2.7, Mod bumper, MIC.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In a week or so, I should have the carpet removed from my badlands. Will report back my findings.
Supposedly will be picking it up by early next week according to my dealer.
Will be able to share what is under my badland's carpet soon.
Planning on doing some water proofing to help protect the electric seat functions.
Iā€™d be real interested in what you find. Iā€™m almost to the point of pulling seat carpet and see if itā€™s possible to line x the entire floor or of there are wires everywhere.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the extent of your off road is jumping curbs at soccer tournaments and some tame roads I think any of the trims will work for you. Badlands and Wildtrak and both overkill for those applications.

If washout floors and seats are important go Black Diamond for cheaper or Badlands if you have the cash.

If comfort is important to you, get the outer banks. Probably the most plush and still very off-road capable. I believe youā€™d get leather seats with electric controls.

If price is important to you and you wonā€™t be going off-roading nearly as often get the big bend but youā€™ll be sacrificing comfort.

Another poster suggested YouTube. Iā€™d check out TFL on YouTube cause they answer everyone of your questions.

As for tops. The answer is theyā€™ll both be loud. If quiet ride is top priority youā€™ll never be happy. Itā€™s going to be louder than a normal vehicle no matter what.

I live in Minnesota and will eventually need a hard top. If snow wasnā€™t a concern Iā€™d probably be perfectly happy with going soft top only. It only gets super loud above 65 IMO. I just did a 1,200k road trip and there were times the noise bothered me but after 300 miles I learned Iā€™ll need to live with it. From what I know of Jeeps hard top doesnā€™t necessarily mean huge reduction in volume. That said Iā€™ve never driven a MIC Bronco.

Good luck but if I were to pinpoint your trim based off what I read Iā€™d steer you towards the Outer Banks.

Hope you find what youā€™re looking for!

Edit: I have a big bend until I can order my Badlands when the order banks open Again. I LOVE the big bend and find it VERY comfortable. Not BMW comfortable but Bronco comfortable. When I say youā€™d be sacrificing comfort I meant leather, electric seats, perhaps heated steering wheel if you went Lux. I like my big bend so much I honestly would consider not upgrading if it at least had a rear locker but it doesnā€™t and I want to get into Off-roading.

Last edited:

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that's another issue...I'm conditioned now to electronic seat adjustment...are the manual ones 'good enough' to optimize for longer rides or are the electronic much better? Any lumbar support adjustments with either?
I've always had leather seats until the Bronco. Electronically adjustable for at least the last 20 years. The MGV in the Bronco is real comfy. Moreso than the leather IMO. I don't mind the manual adjustment at all. Set it and forget it.

Sponsored

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Every car has the drain ā€œplugsā€ u see the carpet. The broncos added a top mounted easily removable plug. There are other plugs under a BD or BL rubberized floor. To me it would be easier to remove the plugs from underneath on a carpeted model.
When you look in the hole in the badlands there is metal underneath meaning that if the holes are the same in other models, you cannot see the drain from below.

Last edited:

Yillbs

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've always had leather seats until the Bronco. Electronically adjustable for at least the last 20 years. The MGV in the Bronco is real comfy. Moreso than the leather IMO. I don't mind the manual adjustment at all. Set it and forget it.
You need to find someone with outer banks and put your head in the headrest then haha. It's literally more comfy than my pillow. It's probably the most comfortable seat I've ever been in. And the color options are just awesome.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to find someone with outer banks and put your head in the headrest then haha. It's literally more comfy than my pillow. It's probably the most comfortable seat I've ever been in. And the color options are just awesome.
Already been in an Outer Banks and driven a Wildtrak with the same leather. MGV is more comfortable to me. (y)

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™d be real interested in what you find. Iā€™m almost to the point of pulling seat carpet and see if itā€™s possible to line x the entire floor or of there are wires everywhere.
Will post ASAP...Might need a week to calm my old heart down after delivery.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the extent of your off road is jumping curbs at soccer tournaments and some tame roads I think any of the trims will work for you. Badlands and Wildtrak and both overkill for those applications.

If washout floors and seats are important go Black Diamond for cheaper or Badlands if you have the cash.

If comfort is important to you, get the outer banks. Probably the most plush and still very off-road capable. I believe youā€™d get leather seats with electric controls.

If price is important to you and you wonā€™t be going off-roading nearly as often get the big bend but youā€™ll be sacrificing comfort.

Another poster suggested YouTube. Iā€™d check out TFL on YouTube cause they answer everyone of your questions.

As for tops. The answer is theyā€™ll both be loud. If quiet ride is top priority youā€™ll never be happy. Itā€™s going to be louder than a normal vehicle no matter what.

I live in Minnesota and will eventually need a hard top. If snow wasnā€™t a concern Iā€™d probably be perfectly happy with going soft top only. It only gets super loud above 65 IMO. I just did a 1,200k road trip and there were times the noise bothered me but after 300 miles I learned Iā€™ll need to live with it. From what I know of Jeeps hard top doesnā€™t necessarily mean huge reduction in volume. That said Iā€™ve never driven a MIC Bronco.

Good luck but if I were to pinpoint your trim based off what I read Iā€™d steer you towards the Outer Banks.

Hope you find what youā€™re looking for!

Edit: I have a big bend until I can order my Badlands when the order banks open Again. I LOVE the big bend and find it VERY comfortable. Not BMW comfortable but Bronco comfortable. When I say youā€™d be sacrificing comfort I meant leather, electric seats, perhaps heated steering wheel if you went Lux. I like my big bend so much I honestly would consider not upgrading if it at least had a rear locker but it doesnā€™t and I want to get into Off-roading.
All great points. Thank you. My 4Runner is louder than heck at 70mph so I know what noisy is like. If I travel 3 hours in this thing on the road, I'd certainly want it to be comfortable and ride well...just as if I took it off-road (more than the curbs and soccer tourneys), I'd want it to be functional.

I'll revisit the Ford site and play with the builds. Price isn't the biggest issue as I intend on keeping this for a while and I do like good technology.

I'm considering the soft top and hard top if they're not overly a pain to switch...

Nobody has mentioned the tube doors to use in the summer. I think those are totally cool...

OP
OP
Headless Horseman

Headless Horseman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you...most are saying the vinyl and leather comfort are about the same...only issue is the vinyl doesn't have adjustable headrest height?

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you look in the hole in the badlands there is metal underneath meaning that if the holes are the same in other models, you cannot see the drain from below.
The 6 passive drain holes are always open

Kai

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Rav4EV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 6 passive drain holes are always open
But they don't go straight through so as I said, the plug hole would not be visible from below.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
But they don't go straight through so as I said, the plug hole would not be visible from below.
I don't see a need to be able to see the hole if it's always open, as long as it's able to drain.
Sponsored