First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been reading through some of the JB4 stuff and still haven't figured out how you change the map on it if you don't have a cell phone or laptop. Would I need to remove the JB4 from the truck and plug it into my PC (with the BMS data cable) to go into it to change the mapping? It seems odd they don't have any type of control switch available to change the map with it installed in the vehicle. I don't have a cell phone and don't really plan on getting one anytime soon.
Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's one of the negatives about the JB4. Puts out great power, but you're restricted to using a PC or mobile device to change the maps. With the Pulsar XT, Panda, VR Tuned, or RaceChip you have some physical toggle on the device.

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had one a previous car and had the bluetooth adaptor controls for my phone. I had no issues whatsoever with it. I could change it sitting at a red light between runs.

OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's one of the negatives about the JB4. Puts out great power, but you're restricted to using a PC or mobile device to change the maps. With the Pulsar XT, Panda, VR Tuned, or RaceChip you have some physical toggle on the device.
That's a bummer, I don't have a cell phone or laptop so it would need to be changed with my PC. Do you actually have to download (and pay for) the app on your PC to change the map?

Sponsored

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That's a bummer, I don't have a cell phone or laptop so it would need to be changed with my PC. Do you actually have to download (and pay for) the app on your PC to change the map?
The windows app is free to download. You might wanna consider grabbing a $40 Android Tablet on Amazon to connect to the JB4. It would make things much easier.

Hashlak

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch, Porsche GT3RS, Honda CBR1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I would just buy a cheap andorid phone and use that. Easy solution.

OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
The windows app is free to download. You might wanna consider grabbing a $40 Android Tablet on Amazon to connect to the JB4. It would make things much easier.
I wonder if there are any minimum requirements for the tablet (other than bluetooth 4.0).

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if there are any minimum requirements for the tablet (other than bluetooth 4.0).
From what I can tell Android version 4.3 and up. It's a pretty lightweight app, so even the low powered cheap tablet should do the trick. The app almost costs as much as the tablet though :)

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been reading through some of the JB4 stuff and still haven't figured out how you change the map on it if you don't have a cell phone or laptop. Would I need to remove the JB4 from the truck and plug it into my PC (with the BMS data cable) to go into it to change the mapping? It seems odd they don't have any type of control switch available to change the map with it installed in the vehicle. I don't have a cell phone and don't really plan on getting one anytime soon.
Wait. You don’t have a mobile phone? That’s impressive! I didn’t realize it was possible to live in today’s world without one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JL8jeff

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait. You don’t have a mobile phone? That’s impressive! I didn’t realize it was possible to live in today’s world without one.
Yeah, I've never had a need for one so I don't have one.

I would just buy a cheap andorid phone and use that. Easy solution.
I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can you buy a phone with bluetooth and not need to pay for a service/number and still connect to stuff through wifi or bluetooth? I don't need to make/receive calls so I wouldn't want to pay for a service.

Last edited:

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I've never had a need for one so I don't have one.

I hope this isn't a stupid question, but can you buy a phone with bluetooth and not need to pay for a service/number and still connect to stuff through wifi or bluetooth? I don't need to make/receive calls so I wouldn't want to pay for a service.
would probably be slightly simpler to buy a cheap Android tablet vs a phone. But, generally, yes you can use a phone without paying for service.
Sponsored