Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Also Forgot to ask any plan on selling only the main pillar? example i need the pillar for gas tanks and other accessories but not necessary all the rack, is that a possibility in the future?
I really like this setup that all i need
Ford Bronco IN PRODUCTION: Meet the new RAKET roof rack 5B1A0D95-C3B2-41B5-BE60-D930A816625E
Sponsored

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

awesome seen this from an idea, to a real product, im waiting to see the new version, im hoping the next version is more " low profile" , not a big fan of the big bascket and the wind deflector been that big, but i know eventually the design from now on is always goin to get better and better.

and congratulations on crating the most versatile roof rack in the Market, big kudos
Thank you that means a lot. Yes the basket will be slimmer and still reversible. The wind deflector is being redesigned with everything else. Stay tuned, follow us on social media, or join our newsletter for up to date changes.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also Forgot to ask any plan on selling only the main pillar? example i need the pillar for gas tanks and other accessories but not necessary all the rack, is that a possibility in the future?
I really like this setup that all i need
Ford Bronco IN PRODUCTION: Meet the new RAKET roof rack 5B1A0D95-C3B2-41B5-BE60-D930A816625E
Yes the pillar (rear tower assembly) is available for sale by itself.

squid1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What is the new projected delivery date with this redesign? I was hoping to get this by Spring.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is the new projected delivery date with this redesign? I was hoping to get this by Spring.
We’re in the 2nd week of the redesign and still expecting an “end of February to mid March” delivery for everyone that’s already ordered.

Sponsored

BaseManSquatch

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How long does it take to install and uninstall?

Do you have a video of opening up the soft top with the rack still on?

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How long does it take to install and uninstall?

Do you have a video of opening up the soft top with the rack still on?
That’s a 2-part answer:
-To install the whole thing, the toughest part is removing the top (from it’s mounts) to install the side mounting brackets; which is a one time thing. That initial install would take 25-30 minutes.

-To drop the top (with the basket on) it’s 4 bolts to remove the basket then slide out. Remove 6 hex bolts and lift the rear tower assembly off. This takes a total of 10 minutes….really.

I hope this answers your question, but let me know if there’s something else. Thanks.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We’re always open to more input and the cowling IS on the redesign (or removal) list . Thank you
Personally I'd love for the cowling with the light bar integrated in for a cleaner look. Does the cowling itself have a weight capacity with the rest of the rack removed? e.g. if I wanted to carry most of the weight of a canoe on the tower, with the cowling supporting the tip of the canoe so it can be tied down to the trail sights?

Also... have you had a chance to determine how well the tower would lift and hold the clamshell of a hard top if we were to hoist it up by the tower? Cruising the forum that's a question asked repeatedly by members, but most racks clamp onto the top of the clamshell and likely wouldn't work as well as your more rigid tower lifting and holding from underneath.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Personally I'd love for the cowling with the light bar integrated in for a cleaner look. Does the cowling itself have a weight capacity with the rest of the rack removed? e.g. if I wanted to carry most of the weight of a canoe on the tower, with the cowling supporting the tip of the canoe so it can be tied down to the trail sights?

Also... have you had a chance to determine how well the tower would lift and hold the clamshell of a hard top if we were to hoist it up by the tower? Cruising the forum that's a question asked repeatedly by members, but most racks clamp onto the top of the clamshell and likely wouldn't work as well as your more rigid tower lifting and holding from underneath.
Great questions. Yes the front assembly will have plenty of strength to hold up canoes. In regards to the rear tower, it’s what separates us from everyone else…we’re a free floating system therefore you don’t need a top to have access to the rack. Here’s a photo for reference.

0164E00D-E4FC-44BA-B136-CAE1EEF03B08.png

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You said your 2 door rack is in development, will it be similar in design and can we take off the hard top while the frame of the rack is in place?

Or

Would it take the the same or so time of 10 minutes to remove the rack before removing the top?

Than after top is out of the way would we'll be able to reinstall the rack?

Note: I'll be using a Toplift to remove my hard top, it would be awesome if after removing the 6 bolts and the rack, if the top could be removed. I'd love the idea of being able to put a "gate" across the back between the side towers to create secure but open cage; something that would add security and prevent someone from climbing into the rear and with the windows up and the rack reinstalled there would be no opening big enough to climb in.

Yes, someone could get in using tools or a long stick for the locks, but someone walking by couldn't just reach in or climb into the Bronco. That kind of open air cage for the city would be something (if priced right) would sway me from another rack in a heartbeat.

So far I really like the look and even without the back "gate" it's in the running. Looking forward to the 2 door version.

Sponsored
OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You said your 2 door rack is in development, will it be similar in design and can we take off the hard top while the frame of the rack is in place?

Or

Would it take the the same or so time of 10 minutes to remove the rack before removing the top?

Than after top is out of the way would we'll be able to reinstall the rack?

Note: I'll be using a Toplift to remove my hard top, it would be awesome if after removing the 6 bolts and the rack, if the top could be removed. I'd love the idea of being able to put a "gate" across the back between the side towers to create secure but open cage; something that would add security and prevent someone from climbing into the rear and with the windows up and the rack reinstalled there would be no opening big enough to climb in.

Yes, someone could get in using tools or a long stick for the locks, but someone walking by couldn't just reach in or climb into the Bronco. That kind of open air cage for the city would be something (if priced right) would sway me from another rack in a heartbeat.

So far I really like the look and even without the back "gate" it's in the running. Looking forward to the 2 door version.
We’re working through the kinks to see what option works best. Yes the design is to create a similar rack system to the 4 door. I believe we’ll come up with something to allow top removal without too much additional disassembly. Thanks and stay tuned.

sonicdohc

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to the newest design. I like how easy it is to pull and drop the top, so it’s my first choice at the moment. Not sure about the fairing though. 4 individual light tabs would be nice up front since I’m not a fan of the bro’d out look with a single long bar.

OP
OP
RAKET

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looking forward to the newest design. I like how easy it is to pull and drop the top, so it’s my first choice at the moment. Not sure about the fairing though. 4 individual light tabs would be nice up front since I’m not a fan of the bro’d out look with a single long bar.
Thank you. I believe the cowling is changing significantly so don’t be surprised. We’re still running through ideas but I’m projecting some huge updates soon. I don’t post as much as I used to here, but follow us on Instagram @raketdesign. Thanks.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.