First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got some magnets hoping that might help. I will keep trying with the hanger to pull them towards me. I saw a small rectangular hole between the bolts holes.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
When you are ready to hang the spare tire back on, can you rest it on the rear camera brace while lining up the lugs? Will it hold the heavy tire? Thanks, B
Base tire, maybe
Sasquatch tire, I wouldn't take the chance, it's like 90# you would be resting on a piece of plastic. I dont know the weight exactly, but when you lift it you realize it's a heavy tire and wouldn't want to crack that plastic

OP
OP
gjennings12

gjennings12

Badlands
First Name
Grayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That just happened to me today. And there is no way to get to that dumb bracket...
I tried the hanger cable and i was able to insert just one bolts... I'm going to try tomorrow.. but did you but the bracket back in place to insert both bolt normally?
Using the hanger, I held the bracket in place as tight as i could while screwing the bolt in the other side. I had the hinge closed when I did this. After getting one bolt screwed in tight, the other was very easy to screw in.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

WOW, I’m glad I didn’t have this issue. I watched quite a few videos, but I didn’t know that there was a nut that could drop out. I wedged some hard foam under the tailgate, did the painter’s tape trick, doing the top 2 first, then bottom 2, and it all went together with no problems, knock on wood.

Sponsored

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I got some magnets hoping that might help. I will keep trying with the hanger to pull them towards me. I saw a small rectangular hole between the bolts holes.
I really doubt the magnets will work with trying to slide the back plate up the tailgate, too much interference with paint and primer not to mention thin ass metal. Not to mention using magnets will not allow you to get the back plate to the holes while you have the match in the closed position. But if you do decide to try magnets, I recommend first putting some cling wrap or similar (clear plastic wrap for food) on the face of tailgate as to not scar or scratch the paint. I would suggest to be very patient and use the metal cloth hanger method to get one bolt started then the other.

Grumpy

Big Bend
First Name
Who's
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
No, when I did my reinforced plate I did all the necessary prep first and took it easy while doing it. Making sure all the bolts started before cranking down on them. But in theory the magnets are only going to allow you to bring it so far up to the hinge. Then you are back to square one. The wire hanger is going to be your best bet. Its just going to require your patience to do this. It really won't be so hard once you get one wire clinging to it and then you can work back and forth with the other until you get it in place.

Mpali

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When I installed my tailgate reinforcement I took all 4 bolts out. The brackets inside did move up /down and side to side. Thankfully they did not drop down. From my understanding they move freely so you can re align tailgate if needed.

Jon_chimpo

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I ordered the Rock Slide Engineering EZ rack for my spare tire through 4WP. They called me when it arrived at their store. Drove 45min to find out the box was opened and the ratchet strap was missing. I asked them if it was normal procedure to open "ship to store" boxes. Their response "Good thing we did. Now you know the strap is missing". Yeah right! LOL. He ordered another one from a store back East. Ever notice that 2-4 business days to arrive? 10 days later, the same dude that supposedly ordered the new one claimed he didn't know anything about it and would look in the back. Nothing. I then canceled over the phone and he had the nerve to say "I'll have to run this by my manager and you might be charged a restocking fee". (I didn't get charged but WTAF?). This was 4WP in Sacramento on El Camino Ave. Lesson learned. Never again. And for those that continue using 4WP, NEVER ship to store unless you're getting it installed (good luck with that). Corporate sends the order to the local store, which in turn.......orders the part. And forget any support from corporate. All ship to store "customer service" (order status, cancelations, etc) is done through the local store.

To the point of this thread. I installed the JCROffroad Tailgate relo/reinforcement bracket. I did it solo and completely detached the tailgate from the hinges BUT the tailgate must be closed when doing this. I think this helps prevent the "inside brackets" from going anywhere. It worked fine for me. Just needed help to re-align the tailgate once the bracket was on. Also, you need a TORX PLUS for those badboys.
I’ve been to the same store. They sold me the wrong shocks. This is after confirming the vin, twice… This was only after I had my truck apart sticking half way out the garage, and one already broken shock. Nope, never again. The dudes that I dealt with that work there don’t know dick squat.
Sponsored