Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If I had a dollar for every time I've had to say this...

CAI's are WORTHLESS on turbo motors! You're wasting money for a net zero performance improvement.
No dollar, but my 2 cents instead, K&N (and others) have a dyno chart to prove you wrong. you suppose they are just telling lies????
Sponsored

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

110 octane! Do you run that all the time. I assume an additive?

I always wondered if constantly running that much octane was an issue.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Running 110 is dumb. These engines arenā€™t tuned for it.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

of course not...it's expensive. I am seeing over 20lbs boost.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Running 110 is dumb. These engines arenā€™t tuned for it.
based on what data???

my observation aligns with others, the OEM system allows for quite a wide range of allowable octane. AND there is a VERY noticeable improvement with high octane and or e85 mix with good octane fuel.

Raptor Guy

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco Raptor | '11 FLHX | '02 Z06
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
No dollar, but my 2 cents instead, K&N (and others) have a dyno chart to prove you wrong. you suppose they are just telling lies????
Well if you have no practical knowledge of how engines are designed then I guess reading a fancy chart that a company made to increase their sales would be able to convince you.

Perhaps you might do a little research and educate yourself on how turbo motors work.

BlueWaffle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 bronco, and a trio of 80s GM's.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
what books are you guys' going to read?

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Stand by, grabbing popcornā€¦

In all honesty, big meats is doing his research and Iā€™m glad this works for him. No need to bash him. Iā€™d love to see a dyno chart of his build with before and after. Iā€™d also love to see that 400 hp! Defiantly not for everyone but stoked someone is doing it! Keep in mind this is gonna make your build much more prone to breaking if you like the skinny pedal off-road. Supporting mods recommended to other people considering that kind of power in their off-roadster on stock axles and 35ā€™s, 37ā€™s etc.

After wheeling my XJ with 120hp for years, my stock Bronco power is amazing lol. My dynoā€™d Ford Performance tune made it even better. Gearing helps a lot off-roading as most of what I do is crawling where torque and gear ratios help more then brute power.

For those considering cutting your intake also keep in mind even if you donā€™t plan on fording water thatā€™s over your hood. When pushing deep water it can still flow over your hood from the water your pushing. Iā€™m on 37ā€™s and 2.5ā€ lift and Iā€™ve had water that was at wheel depth flow over my hood. If you have this mod it would surely go into your intake on those crossings. If youā€™re also in a snowy area I wouldnā€™t recommend this either (Iā€™ve seen similar ideas on 4Runners that stuffed their intakes full of compacted snow). Or sand unless you clean regularly. That being said if you clean it regularly and donā€™t live in snow, or ford deep water you can see some benefits in the power dept no doubt.

Stock intake also incorporates safety features to prevent water from entering. There is a channel diverting away and out as well as a sump at the bottom of the intake box. Do your research if this is a feature you wish to keep when upgrading your intake to make sure the option you choose also has similar features.

Pyates999

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ranger Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
These new engines are so dependent on fuel & timing curve management being precisely in line with each other that changing anything such as octane & air intakes can lead to internal damage. Force feeding engines to extract more power & torque is a risky proposition whether it be with turboā€˜s or blowers, detonation can crack ring lands & even hammer rod bearings or anything for that matter. Thereā€™s a reason why tunes for these engines is a violation of the warranty.

OP
OP
BigMeatsBronco

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Well if you have no practical knowledge of how engines are designed then I guess reading a fancy chart that a company made to increase their sales would be able to convince you.

Perhaps you might do a little research and educate yourself on how turbo motors work.
still no data on your original false statement,

That's it ....all the tuners and air cleaners and exhausts... every one of them is lying every one of their Dyno charts is fake....ROFL

seriously tho, with 23 turboed vehicles personally owned and tuned, I don't need your advice, for gods sake, even my airplane is turbocharged!!!

cold air is a plus for any engine, especially turboed ones....prove me wrong!

Last edited:

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Youā€™re trying to reinvent the wheel man ā€¦ air is already drawn up through the grill on the drivers side. Also it doesnā€™t matter what your intake temps are, the air heats up in your turbo.. hence why you have an intercooler. If youā€™re worried about temps focus on your intercooler. Use ACT 1&2 to monitor charge air temps on you pro cal. Cheapest mod is just removing the shutters.. temps will never get above 110F unless your sitting in 90 degree + heat traffic then itā€™ll heat soak to 140f

Ford Bronco Real cold air intake = cut out plastic behind grill IMG_7190
Sponsored

Last edited: