Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Perhaps Thx
Physics says that the only way the metal deforms is if the ice doesn't have anywhere to go. From the pictures you have provided that doesn't appear to be the case.

Not saying there's not more going on but from what has been presented it seems unlikely. Also there are no dents that are apparent in the pictures.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a pic of the door skin removed and the built in crash bars. Blue and white line is where the skin is glued to the frame. My point, if the dents (that I can't see in the pic) are along this line, it's possible the cold weather is creating a pull where the adhesive is and it's telegraphing to the skin. If you put in a heated garage or take a hair dryer and warm the area up it might relax.

Now, the question is if this qualifies for a warrantable defect? Maybe, maybe not. Most dealers are on a digital imaging program where Ford has us take pics of trim, metal, paint defects and someone on their end makes the call. IMO, it's not going to be worth breaking the factory paint, definitely not worth trying to reskin and it's very likely a replacement door might have the same thing going on. If it is pull from the temp change on the glue line, it might be possible to get a knife in there and release the glue from that area (this is not "official" repair advice) enough to get the imperfections out.

Ford Bronco Rear door dents from ice buildup 1641318008109

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is a pic of the door skin removed and the built in crash bars. Blue and white line is where the skin is glued to the frame. My point, if the dents (that I can't see in the pic) are along this line, it's possible the cold weather is creating a pull where the adhesive is and it's telegraphing to the skin. If you put in a heated garage or take a hair dryer and warm the area up it might relax.

Now, the question is if this qualifies for a warrantable defect? Maybe, maybe not. Most dealers are on a digital imaging program where Ford has us take pics of trim, metal, paint defects and someone on their end makes the call. IMO, it's not going to be worth breaking the factory paint, definitely not worth trying to reskin and it's very likely a replacement door might have the same thing going on. If it is pull from the temp change on the glue line, it might be possible to get a knife in there and release the glue from that area (this is not "official" repair advice) enough to get the imperfections out.

@flip your post are wonderful. Thank you.

OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. WOW! I will echo the last guy. Your post are wonderful.
. I agree it is very hard to see. Maybe this video helps a little. It’s a very slight thing but I swear I’m not going nuts. It’s not that big of a deal to me I just find it interesting & hope things don’t get worse over time.
Thx for your response

Attachments

Sponsored
OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. Hmmm how come the video didn’t play?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
. It may be difficult to see in the pictures, but I assure you the dents are there and they are new. We’ve gotten some rain here in the last couple days. Then a couple nights of below freezing weather. I have identical small dents on both rear doors, it seems like ice built up under the window trim and forced the aluminum door to buckle slightly. Kinda odd. Anyone else notice anything like this?

Hello! Go ahead and send us a PM with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer. I'll look into this dent concern for you. Thanks!

ab_slack

Black Diamond
First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Explorer and 87 Bronco II
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see what looks like possible deformation of the metal, but not sure. It would be really helpful if you had an error or circle right at the spot. It also may be easier to illustrate by taking a photo with a wooden or plastic straight edge along the line where it occurs. My have to fiddle with the angle but if there is a strait line or even a steady curve that has a bend in one spot that should stand out when you put something close.

If what I see is the right spot, I don't see how ice could do it. It could be temperature changes or or bends showing up over time due to stresses baked in at manufacture
Sponsored