USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

. It may be difficult to see in the pictures, but I assure you the dents are there and they are new. We’ve gotten some rain here in the last couple days. Then a couple nights of below freezing weather. I have identical small dents on both rear doors, it seems like ice built up under the window trim and forced the aluminum door to buckle slightly. Kinda odd. Anyone else notice anything like this?

5A8476DD-086B-4D81-8FA8-E543D8F33C89.jpeg

586B0063-AF9C-49E3-ABE6-3B90249F9F7C.jpeg

B364ABFE-DDD3-4D1C-A7D7-3BD0360160E0.jpeg
Sponsored

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
it looks like your door gap is not correct, is it closed in the pic, or open?

the entire length of the back trim appears to be higher than the one on the door, maybe it was not seated properly from the factory.

I just went down to my BD and checked, the trim line one my back door is exactly aligned with that of the front door, and it is seated almost touching the paint

you have a warranty claim, in my opinion

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see any dents in the pics, but that window molding/weatherstrip is definitely displaced by some icy stuff going on there. OR perhaps displaced/misaligned prior, allowing the water to get under it.
Interesting.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is this the deformation from the ice?
Ford Bronco Rear door dents from ice buildup B364ABFE-DDD3-4D1C-A7D7-3BD0360160E0

Sponsored
OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't see any dents in the pics, but that window molding/weatherstrip is definitely displaced by some icy stuff going on there. OR perhaps displaced/misaligned prior, allowing the water to get under it.
Interesting.
Yes. Hard to capture in photo

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like the whole door has something going on in addition to the trim not being seated. You say same issue on both rear doors? I'd be very surprised if ice build-up caused the dents. Looks more like something happened at the plant during assembly. Was the trim that far off before the freezing temps?

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't see how ice would do that. It would be trim vs panel as the ice expands and the trim would move before the panel dents. Reality its going the path of least resistance which is out.

I can see internal stress caused by assembly and temp difference causing a deformation if it's identical on both sides. There's a thread on hood dents.

OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it looks like your door gap is not correct, is it closed in the pic, or open?

the entire length of the back trim appears to be higher than the one on the door, maybe it was not seated properly from the factory.

I just went down to my BD and checked, the trim line one my back door is exactly aligned with that of the front door, and it is seated almost touching the paint

you have a warranty claim, in my opinion
. Yes when it warms up here I’ll try to press down on it. Won’t try till the ice melts of course.

Sponsored
OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like the whole door has something going on in addition to the trim not being seated. You say same issue on both rear doors? I'd be very surprised if ice build-up caused the dents. Looks more like something happened at the plant during assembly. Was the trim that far off before the freezing temps?
. Yes both doors have basically identical “dents”. I can 100 percent guarantee you in did not happen at the plant. I’m not positive if the trim was that far off before the freezing temps. I don’t think so.

OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't see how ice would do that. It would be trim vs panel as the ice expands and the trim would move before the panel dents. Reality its going the path of least resistance which is out.

I can see internal stress caused by assembly and temp difference causing a deformation if it's identical on both sides. There's a thread on hood dents.
Perhaps Thx

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. Yes both doors have basically identical “dents”. I can 100 percent guarantee you in did not happen at the plant. I’m not positive if the trim was that far off before the freezing temps. I don’t think so.
Something strange going on with the trim for sure. Very odd that there is an issue only on the rear doors. Does the trim feel loose compared to the fronts?

OP
OP
USAGUY

USAGUY

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Something strange going on with the trim for sure. Very odd that there is an issue only on the rear doors. Does the trim feel loose compared to the fronts?
. It’s still freezing out, so I’m really not sure if the trim feels loose. I really don’t think so, I’m sure I would have noticed it when washing it.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
. It’s still freezing out, so I’m really not sure if the trim feels loose. I really don’t think so, I’m sure I would have noticed it when washing it.
Roger that. Probably worth a trip to the dealer to get a closer look and document. At the very least the trim should be a warranty item IMO.
Sponsored