Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just took my daughter to figure skating practice in my Ranger. I’ve never really thought about how much air the under seat vents push out.

Let me tell you, it is *minimal*. Especially when you usually put the HVAC on auto. Even on full blast A/C floor only it is pathetic.

My daughter has never really complained about it, but I know she prefers the back seat in my wife’s MKX. The MkT it replaced was even better.

If y’all really need heavy duty HVAC back there, I would start looking at other options.
Sponsored

wander

Badlands
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 E250 Super Duty Sportsmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
”Un-air conditioned“ meaning no rear vents? Or no air conditioning in the vehicle at all?
Yeah, a joke kind of fails when you have to explain it. Anyway, that's what my pappy used to tell me.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As someone who owns a vert, I just avoid taking it out when is super hot out same will prolly apply to the Bronco, but with a hard top, it should at least be better.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

IMG_20200727_131433647.jpg

This is the floor vent under the driver's seat on my 2020 F-350. Doesn't blow unless you have the vents set to floor. Doesn't seem to be as cold as the front, either. It's probably amazing in the winter when you need the heat, though.

But it doesn't really bother me. I'm not buying a Bronco for chauffeur duties.
Even in Mustang only on the floor. Though its a smaller cabin back seat air flow is relatively cooler and warmer, my Son never Complained.

Sponsored

Spudly

First Edition
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460, Gladiator Overland, RX350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not sure how floor AC vents are going to workout if you hose out the rear footwells. Seems like a very poor design decision that could cause long term problems for Ford.

Have center console vents in our Gladiator Overland. Marginal at best on hot days. Don’t see how floor vents will outperform them.

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's the same on my Mustang, you just gotta manually select forward + floor vents and blast them.

chadasm

Raptor
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 2017 Focus ST, 2019 F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The under-powered vents under the seats won't do much for the dogs on road trips. I've used 12v fans clipped to grab handles before for air circulation for them, but I've yet to find one that doesn't have annoying bearing noise.

Does anyone know of a good quiet 12v fan?

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My daughter has never really complained about it, but I know she prefers the back seat in my wife’s MKX. The MkT it replaced was even better.
The MKT had one of the best rear AC's I've experienced. I sometimes miss my Turbo Hearse.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The MKT had one of the best rear AC's I've experienced. I sometimes miss my Turbo Hearse.
I wish we still had ours.

Unfortunately, someone rear ended it at 50 mph while my wife was stopped at a light. The accident totaled four vehicles. Her MkT was the only vehicle that was able to drive away. Still, there was too much damage. Insurance totaled it out.

Sponsored

jasonof2010

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata, Focus ST, GMC Sierra beater truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We got rid of ours at 160,000 because my sister in law was down on her luck and needed a new(er) vehicle. My wife and I took at look and decided that we could live without a "family" car until this all calms down and sold it to her at trade in value.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
The rear vents in my parent's 2012 Ford Taurus SEL work great, as do the ones on newer Super Dutys I've been in. Certainly a lot better than a previous body style GMC Sierra HD Denali which had no rear (face) vents. Couldn't believe someone paid that much for a truck and GM couldn't be bothered to include equipment you can get on trims below top of the line in a Ford.

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base

Unfortunately, someone rear ended it at 50 mph while my wife was stopped at a light. The accident totaled four vehicles. Her MkT was the only vehicle that was able to drive away. Still, there was too much damage. Insurance totaled it out.
Glad to hear it protected her well.

PELS82

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Love my 7 yr old more than life itself but im not too concerned about where the AC vents are. If I get the 4 door then the floor is fine. If i get the 2 door he’ll still be fine.

i have no idea how many cross country trips we did in the 80s with either no AC or no AC in the back. i was his age and it was fine....and a Malibu is nowhere near as fun as a new Bronco!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The B-pilars would have been the ideal location for the ducting to push air thru but it probably houses the side air bags .... or did they put those in the high horizontal frame tubes
Sponsored