Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tekton are good tools and are taking over the Craftsman void. Good warranty service - just take a pic of the broken too, send it off and they ship you a new one.
Ditto that. But they are a bit pricey which might kick them out of budget for the OP. If anyone is a Project Farm follower you'll know that Harbor Freight stuff does a lot better than you'd think. I guess the balance is; do I mind losing or breaking them vs give them to my grandkids. Like most everything it's down to budget. Good luck with finding a kit OP
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the info on Gearwrench! I used to be a Craftsman girl but w/o the old warranty 🤷‍♀️

I'm really looking for something to do regular maintenance and lite modding.

I'm familiar with his kit, and as yet I haven't done any overlanding or placed my tierods in more danger than a Costco parking lot or Milwaukee roads.
You can warranty your Craftsman tools at Lowes.

OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco, 16 Tiger 800XCx, 96 Duc 900SS/Sp
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ditto that. But they are a bit pricey which might kick them out of budget for the OP. If anyone is a Project Farm follower you'll know that Harbor Freight stuff does a lot better than you'd think. I guess the balance is; do I mind losing or breaking them vs give them to my grandkids. Like most everything it's down to budget. Good luck with finding a kit OP
Oh gods... I've been looking at the Overlander Toyota kit for a friend of mine who has zero tools. But the tools direct from Tekron are ~$800. And looking at that set, it looks like an expanded version of what the Bronco would need. And I want her to have quality tools that she can feel good about.

I've used Harbour Freight and have some Pittsburg in my box, but I'm not a real fan of the ratchets, and the ICON prices send me back to Tekron.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The big thing in tools:

Not needing the warranty is better than having it.

Many HF tools also have a lifetime warranty. So that’s worth … what it’s worth. All Craftsman are now manufactured in China - I don’t know if that makes them better or worse than when it was Sears though.

That said - my tools are all over the place, and include a lot of craftsman (older stuff that has just lasted), kobalt, Klein, and even harbor freight. But every time I go to buy a tool, I weigh how often I think I’ll actually use it compared to how much a replacement would cost if/when I break it.

I tend to just lose them more often than break them (many thanks to a 16 yr old son) - that weighs into that decision a lot as well.

But slowly I’ve been collecting tools in the back end of the Bronco - I don’t have what I would consider a full set, but it’s getting there over time.

$800 may sound steep but quality tools are worth their weight. Just depends on if you are going to use them frequently or if they are “just in case” tools that might get used a couple of times ever

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The big thing in tools:

Not needing the warranty is better than having it.

Many HF tools also have a lifetime warranty. So that’s worth … what it’s worth. All Craftsman are now manufactured in China - I don’t know if that makes them better or worse than when it was Sears though.

That said - my tools are all over the place, and include a lot of craftsman (older stuff that has just lasted), kobalt, Klein, and even harbor freight. But every time I go to buy a tool, I weigh how often I think I’ll actually use it compared to how much a replacement would cost if/when I break it.

I tend to just lose them more often than break them (many thanks to a 16 yr old son) - that weighs into that decision a lot as well.

But slowly I’ve been collecting tools in the back end of the Bronco - I don’t have what I would consider a full set, but it’s getting there over time.

$800 may sound steep but quality tools are worth their weight. Just depends on if you are going to use them frequently or if they are “just in case” tools that might get used a couple of times ever
Craftsman and many others are China or Taiwan. My limited experience and from reading a stupid amount of tool reviews is that the tools or components from Taiwan tend to be better made. Since they are essentially a Stanley/Black and Decker owned tool company now you can kind of gauge quality based on ones experience with Stanley & Co tools.
I have some Craftsmen tools from the 50 and early 60s. Those are superior to what they have sold for decades.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Gotcha. That's exactly why I was looking at Red Dog Tools, wanted a Bronco specific tool set.

Most of the kits I found had SAE sizes, but the Bronco is entirely metric, so didn't make sense to buy SAE sizes. The toolkits I did find that were metric were extremely expensive for what you got, and ultimately I'd have to spend another $100 or so on top of it to get the Bronco-specific stuff. So.... meh, wasn't crazy about it.
The Bronco tool roll kit, on the Ford Accessories site contains a 13/16 deep well socket.
Bronco 2021-2024 Roll-Up Tool Set | Accessories.Ford.com

Ford Bronco 84-Piece Roll Pouch Tool Kit – motleyindustries

OP
OP
Gabby

Gabby

Base
First Name
Gabriella
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco tool roll kit, on the Ford Accessories site contains a 13/16 deep well socket.
Bronco 2021-2024 Roll-Up Tool Set | Accessories.Ford.com

Ford Bronco 84-Piece Roll Pouch Tool Kit – motleyindustries
That's a decent-looking set and not horrifically priced. But I wonder what the 13/16th is for?
I have... absolutely... no idea.

13/16-inch is a relatively common size for spark plugs on larger vehicles, but the Bronco uses 5/8-inch (16mm) plugs.

So... 🤷‍♂️

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can order this kit from your dealer or directly from motleyind.com
It includes the Torx Plus bit sockets specific to the Bronco. All the tools are premium quality, Bronco branded, and carry a lifetime warranty. I work for the company that developed and manufactures this tool kit, Motley Industries. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Bronco Open Bag.png

Bronco Box.jpg.png

Bronco Spread.png

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can order this kit from your dealer or directly from motleyind.com
It includes the Torx Plus bit sockets specific to the Bronco. All the tools are premium quality, Bronco branded, and carry a lifetime warranty. I work for the company that developed and manufactures this tool kit, Motley Industries. I'm happy to answer any questions.
Why the 13/16 deep well?

Greg_L

Raptor
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor 2021 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why the 13/16 deep well?
Good question. We include it because some aftermarket wheel keys use a 13/16. Also, a 13/16 is very slightly larger than a 20mm so it can be used on that fastener as well. The 13/16 is still one of the most popular sizes used.
The thought behind "extra" tools in the kit is to be able to have some general common tools/sizes to repair other vehicles on the trail with you. Also, many Bronco owners have motorcycles, UTVs, trailers, etc. This kit can help with repairs on those types of vehicles as well.
Sponsored