Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Which is what I suggested to the person asking a few pages back. He just asked where I had seen this info so I shared where I found it.
Sorry, I missed the context.

Yeah, I think part of the confusion/angst is people who don’t have experience ordering a car instead buying off the lot, or via an inventory search.

Also, we’re all going to have to have balls when we go to take delivery. Most dealers are going to mess around with us hoping we’ll walk so they can put our Broncos into inventory for more profit.
Sponsored

LalasBronco

Badlands
First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco (past), 74 Super Beetle, Ram, 70 MG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sorry, I missed the context.

Yeah, I think part of the confusion/angst is people who don’t have experience ordering a car instead buying off the lot, or via an inventory search.

:)Not a problem!

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you are ordering a bronco and they are saying your can't have it without them molesting it first?? WTF! I am a dealer in southern Indiana and we don't play those games. No add, no doc, no B/S. Tell them to stuff the etch and anything else they are trying to add on. Jesus, no wonder people hate dealers.
so what dealership are you with, If my local dealer is screwed up on this I may drive to Indiana and see you

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so what dealership are you with, If my local dealer is screwed up on this I may drive to Indiana and see you
Ruxer Ford Linclon, I'm one of the owners. I'm not on here trying to win any sales or crap on any other dealer but I have an issue with dealers boning customers with items/adds I consider complete horse shit and theft.

Last edited:

Sponsored

gocats132

Base
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ruxer Ford Linclon, I'm one of the owners. I'm not on here trying to win any sales or crap on any other dealer but I have an issue with dealers boning customers with items/adds I consider complete horse shit and theft.
I completely understand, I actually like my local dealer and plan to use them but if things start getting fishy I want to have options. Someone who came out so publicly stating they wouldn't screw me is a good option in my opinion

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Oh that's going to suck. I sent a note back to the dealer to inquire about this additional fee. I'm at Sheehy Warrenton which has confirmed no ADM and accepts X-plan. How about you?
Did you ever hear back? I've been thinking about switching reservations to Sheehy Ford as my extended family has done business there and I hope I can leverage that somehow. I called today and was told doc fees are $799 :/

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever hear back? I've been thinking about switching reservations to Sheehy Ford as my extended family has done business there and I hope I can leverage that somehow. I called today and was told doc fees are $799 :/
That is ridiculous $800 for doc fees!!!!!

Sponsored

Krieger

Raptor
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That is ridiculous $800 for doc fees!!!!!
It's pretty common in this area... Although I'm more towards the sticks where things are generally cheaper than they are close to DC....

FTFRS

Definitely glad MN recently changed to $100 max Doc fees in 2017.

Still need to talk to my dealer to see what sort of pricing they’re offering for the Bronco, or if they’ll accept X-plan at a minimum, but based on their site, I’m not too worried. They don’t have any “mandatory” extras in their fine print, and from looking at window stickers, apart from standard trim packages, they don’t seem to order any additional options other than floor mats (which is understandable in MN), so they don’t seem to be the big up-selling type of dealer. From what I’ve seen, dealers around here aren’t big “Bump Sheet” dealers anyways, so I’m guessing they’re not either.

Hoping they give me a reasonable deal compared to other dealers talked about here on the forums, and that they aren’t upsellers like I think they’re not, so that I can just stick with my local guys. Then the only thing I’ll need to be firm on will just be them not installing the front license plate mount; I already know their dealer sticker is just an easy to remove vinyl sticker, so I don’t even care about that.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very true. The local small town dealer I've bought from for over 30 years doesn't do this type of crap. However, I didn't order my Bronco from them as I could get a much better deal elsewhere, and my usual salesguy understood that. But, dealers all over the Charlotte area will screw you in a skinny minute if you don't read the fine print. They know full well a person "payment" shopping will never see those charges. It's sad that they insist on living up to the name "Stealerships".

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading that Ford has received 230,000+ Bronco reservations, I have decided to get in line and reserve one.

I was looking at my local dealers website and they charging $199 for “Capital Nitro Advantage” which is nothing more than filling the tires with nitrogen.

Because I flat out refuse to pay 200 dollars for nitrogen in my tires that will be immediately let out to air down and drive off road, I started looking into other dealerships.

It gets worse: Crossroads Ford is charging $497 for “dealer installed package that includes Ford Protect Surface Care, Llumar Door Edge Guards and Door Handle Cups.”

I don’t want these fees forced on me during purchase and am now starting to understand why some buyers are shunning their local dealers and going several states away so they aren’t ripped off.

My question is has anyone been able to negotiate and not have to pay for these BS additions?

EDIT: I would also welcome any dealer recommendations. I am located in central NC, but don’t mind driving to get a deal.
Tus a bad sign when dealers add these bs items to their cars. The dealer I reserved through tried the door edge guards and some paint protection crap which I refused and they agreed to leave off (in writing).

every time I buy a new car I picture this Seinfeld episode:
Sponsored