Sponsored

Regretting no squatch. Can I fix my order?

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate it.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But for a BD already has a rear locker, has gearing to run 33's, and may have my22 price protection, paying $8100 extra for Sas, isn't an easy decision like it is in the Base.

Getting close to my feelings on Squatching a BD.
Every time I have built a BD, if I Squatch it, a Badlands on 33's comes in cheaper and has more stuff.
Let's face it, a Badlands IS Squatch on 33's.
auto4x4, M210, 4.70 on the 4cyl .... sway bar disco....

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Getting close to my feelings on Squatching a BD.
Every time I have built a BD, if I Squatch it, a Badlands on 33's comes in cheaper and has more stuff.
Let's face it, a Badlands IS Squatch on 33's.
auto4x4, M210, 4.70 on the 4cyl .... sway bar disco....
Yeah. I'm conflicted. I emailed the dealer to ask how things will work when the my23 order banks open up, as it's highly unlikely i get a build date before then anyway. Some of the tech, i don't know how it will age (screen, trail cams, etc) but the off-road bits should age well.

Basically i want to be able to dispersed camp in the western usa, go on ski trips, and overland in Baja/Sonora etc. I think my penchant for the snow made me pick the black diamond package and yeah, i know, dumb. Never going to be doing any crazy crawling. Given the opportunity to order again, i might need to sit and work out an optimal configuration.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah. I'm conflicted. I emailed the dealer to ask how things will work when the my23 order banks open up, as it's highly unlikely i get a build date before then anyway. Some of the tech, i don't know how it will age (screen, trail cams, etc) but the off-road bits should age well.

Basically i want to be able to dispersed camp in the western usa, go on ski trips, and overland in Baja/Sonora etc. I think my penchant for the snow made me pick the black diamond package and yeah, i know, dumb. Never going to be doing any crazy crawling. Given the opportunity to order again, i might need to sit and work out an optimal configuration.
Why do you need the Squatch? .... looks?
Do you really need the front locker for your intended use?

I have a baseBase that I smacked 35's on ... wasn't looking to go that big, but that is what tire became available when nothing else of any size was. They work, but they are a bit big for the manual & 4.46. 33's would be perfect.
Use a smart throttle and the 35's should be fine for most trail work. Get pedal happy and shit might break.

I'd LOVE to try out a V6/auto/4.46 Black Diamond on 35's.

I've seen a 33's Badlands next to a Squatch and the difference was actually very little.

After playing around on Toyo 35's, load range C .... I'd like a shot at some SL 33's to see how they look and feel.
The 35's look badass, but I feel the 33 would be a much better daily driver tire ... plus I think it'd pull a small utility trailer better with that set up.

Sponsored

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I once thought about changing my order to include the Sas package, but ended up sticking with my original build. Happy I did, this thing is legit.

Attachments

TonkaTruck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I called my dealer to add the Sasquatch package about 2 weeks ago and was told I wasn’t able to make any changes at all to my order at this time while the order banks were closed.

I’ve been less than impressed with my dealer though, so not sure I believe him.

OP
OP
EruptionEnvy602

EruptionEnvy602

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I once thought about changing my order to include the Sas package, but ended up sticking with my original build. Happy I did, this thing is legit.
Is this with the stock 32's? Looks great. I feel like you all are talking me off the ledge. If i could go pick up my black diamond tomorrow, I'm sure I'd love it. Yours looks great with the steelies and makes me question my desire to out bronze bead lockers on mine, but in green it just feels so right.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is this with the stock 32's? Looks great. I feel like you all are talking me off the ledge. If i could go pick up my black diamond tomorrow, I'm sure I'd love it. Yours looks great with the steelies and makes me question my desire to out bronze bead lockers on mine, but in green it just feels so right.
Go Sasquatch.

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get it, it's worth it. And I'm mechanical enough to add all those items later if I would have wanted to. Everyone always says "what I've got is enough".... until they go wheel with someone who has a better setup lol. Just do it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you wish to switch to Sasquatch you might as well go to a Bad Lands without Sasquatch.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Squatch it. It's a total riot to drive

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've actually ONLY driven a basesquatch model.
Then why would you not go for it? lol, it's a beast. Between the lift and tires you are up there. If you get a 4 door, in my opinion, you need 35s to even begin to look right. You can get away with 33s on a 2 door. Seriously, i have a 7sp manual, and it is the funnest car I've driven. My 88 bronco was a TANK. but this 22 bronco is like a sportscar and tonka truck had a baby, its hilarious, AND I LOVE IT

Cannot wait for snow now :ROFLMAO:

I say GO FOR IT!
Sponsored