First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
no disrespect intended but from what you are saying the bronco is not really the vehicle you need. look at an explorer or some suv thats more in line for mostly pavement but 4wd for the snow,, just my opinion
I see a lot of these responses. What I don't see is a lot of those responses that take the OP's following statement into account:

"I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off"
We're quite happy with our bronco sport (with moon roof) as our practical daily driver. If the roof thing is important, (I get it, it's half the reason I'm still waiting after so long), I wouldn't go Badlands if I were you. Outer banks with advanced 4x is my recommendation or Black Diamond. You'll have to decide for yourself if the creature comforts are worth the $$$.

I personally went Black Diamond for the MGV and the standard package since I'm sticking with manual.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and donā€™t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said ā€œIā€™m sure it comes with a $50k+ carā€ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and donā€™t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess Iā€™m stuck or Iā€™ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I wonā€™t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably wonā€™t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I donā€™t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
I think the non Sas OBX w/ 4.27's and 4A sounds just right for you. I think the Badlands and OBX non Sas wheels look so similar it makes no difference. If you decide later you need more aggressive tires just find some to fit the 18's shouldn't be hard. For your use you could drop the Modular bumper, save several hundred and get factory fogs in the deal.

pfd799

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sportage :(, Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see a lot of these responses. What I don't see is a lot of those responses that take the OP's following statement into account:

"I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off"
This isn't, "I want an SUV with a sun-roof". The OP wants the roof off and for him that may be one of THE most important requirements. So if you want to recommend an SUV to him as an alternative please list your proposed removable-top SUV. There aren't that many, especially new.
This. The ā€œbuy something elseā€ opinions might be well intentioned but are garbage. The overwhelming majority of people who buy broncos will do nothing that a rav4 canā€™t do, same as people who buy wranglers and pickup trucks. Hell same can be said for people who buy performance cars, most wonā€™t do anything that you canā€™t do in a Miata but that doesnā€™t mean you shouldnā€™t buy a 911 if thatā€™s what you want (and can afford). He like most of us want a top off SUV, which leaves two options.

OP, the nice part about the Bronco is you have a ton of different trims and options, the downside is it can lead to analysis paralysis. I would drop the leather, and add the advanced 4 wheel drive. The locker will help resale, and living in RI I have the same winters as you. 4A will be very helpful with the snow as roads can transition from pavement to snow depending on plowing. What youā€™ll save with dropping the leather and selling your wheels/tires as takeoffs can get you enough money to buy a nice set of wheels/tires to make it your own.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last week I ordered a 22 outer banks with most of the options- lux, hard top, moulded bumper & tow. Decided not to go with leather because I want to ride around in the summer with the roof off and donā€™t wanna get burned on the leather seats (plus sticker shock is setting in as this is already way more expensive than my wife expected). Roast cloth looks good in the photos, but not sure if it has power seats (the sales manager said ā€œIā€™m sure it comes with a $50k+ carā€ šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø). Not really thrilled with the Outer Banks wheels and donā€™t need the Sasquatch package for the extra money. I really like the looks of the 33s on the badlands as it is more aggressive, but I guess Iā€™m stuck or Iā€™ll have to change to the badlands and not get some of the amenities of the OB (carpet, momochrome mirrors, handles etc). However, I went back to the dealer about the advanced 4WD. I wonā€™t be doing much off road if any, but I live in Connecticut and we get snow, so I figure that is a good feature. But is it, and is it worth the extra $$? It looks like it changes the from the 3.7 ratio w/ open axel to the 4.27 locking rear. Can you get the auto without this? Am I better off with one over the other, assuming I probably wonā€™t do much off road, but still want something good in the snow? Am I buying stuff I donā€™t really need? Do I go back again before it is too late and change the order (..and save a few thousand)? I know, there is a lot to unpack here, so amy help would be welcome
Honestly, it sounds like you really should be shopping for a different SUV. You seem to want more amenities and a nice interior with some snow capability. That's not really the bronco. Power seats only come with the leather. For the most part the bronco interior is utilitarian and definitely not luxury despite the $50K price tag of your optioned out outer banks. If I was in Connecticut looking for an SUV that will drive in snow but no real off road plans, I'd be looking at the Genesis GV70, Land Rover Defender, Volvo XC40, Kia Telluride, Subaru Accent, or the Toyota RAV4 hybrid. All of these can be had with AWD and sound like better options for your needs and wants.

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think the Badlands and OBX non Sas wheels look so similar it makes no difference.
Not sure what you've seen, but they look incredibly different in person.

Sponsored

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can get the lux with no leather? Interesting. I would order a JL Wrangler and get it in 3 months rather than waiting for 2 or 3 years for this Bronco. Win win!

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Either change to a Badlands or add Sasquatch. I was not impressed with any Bronco I saw with standard size wheels. You'll have far better resale value with one of those 2 directions. I went BaseSquatch, 2.7, tinted windows, added go rhino running boards, and am under 53k with 10% CA tax. For me it's perfect and I feel anything smaller wouldn't look right. It's all subjective.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no idea why anyone is recommending he go look at different SUV. He has picked his SUV, he is only deciding options like everyone here. I quite frankly find it insulting. The last time I checked, everything he has talked about IS a Bronco option, so that confirms he has the right SUV.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, because he would be the very first person ever to buy a vehicle that didn't really fit his needs. 75+% of the people buying this vehicle(on this Forum and elsewhere) won't use it to nearly its capabilities and I'm low balling here. 95% of the time it's about what the heart wants. You do you L.J.
Agree 100% maybe he wants the bronco just for the ability to take the roof off and 4x4. Who are we to say. I never got the outbanks people but the more I price I can see that the outerbanks is kind of an in between black diamond and badlands IMO. I can see the allure.

to me the badlands is the ultimate bronco. And agree with other posts the lux package is worth it.
sasquatch seems worth it as warranty wonā€™t be voided and you get OEM shocks etc. Not just about tires and wheels, which I really like.

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This. The ā€œbuy something elseā€ opinions might be well intentioned but are garbage. The overwhelming majority of people who buy broncos will do nothing that a rav4 canā€™t do, same as people who buy wranglers and pickup trucks. Hell same can be said for people who buy performance cars, most wonā€™t do anything that you canā€™t do in a Miata but that doesnā€™t mean you shouldnā€™t buy a 911 if thatā€™s what you want (and can afford). He like most of us want a top off SUV, which leaves two options.

OP, the nice part about the Bronco is you have a ton of different trims and options, the downside is it can lead to analysis paralysis. I would drop the leather, and add the advanced 4 wheel drive. The locker will help resale, and living in RI I have the same winters as you. 4A will be very helpful with the snow as roads can transition from pavement to snow depending on plowing. What youā€™ll save with dropping the leather and selling your wheels/tires as takeoffs can get you enough money to buy a nice set of wheels/tires to make it your own.
Too true. I have analysis paralysis. Was thinking black diamond in the future when Ford gets their shit together, than thought about badlands but now see the allure of the outer banks. So I am still confused. For me a good thing that I am waiting,

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We're quite happy with our bronco sport (with moon roof) as our practical daily driver. If the roof thing is important, (I get it, it's half the reason I'm still waiting after so long), I wouldn't go Badlands if I were you. Outer banks with advanced 4x is my recommendation or Black Diamond. You'll have to decide for yourself if the creature comforts are worth the $$$.

I personally went Black Diamond for the MGV and the standard package since I'm sticking with manual.
The Mgv is a big selling point for me. How come no Sasquatch or mid package? If you donā€™t mind my curiosity.

Blue's B6G

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco OB 2-Door V6 Sasquatch AMB High Pack
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never got the outbanks people but the more I price I can see that the outerbanks is kind of an in between black diamond and badlands IMO.
Did you notice how you can add the Sasquatch package to any trim, including Outer Banks? Kind of makes the decision come down to which interior do you like best. So, I never got the folks who couldnā€™t figure that out but talk about the Outer Banks (the trim with 3 options for gearing btw) as the mall crawler but whatever.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Not sure what you've seen, but they look incredibly different in person.
I have seen both in person, not together however, so maybe, but I think it's mostly tire difference. but what do I know, I like the BB wheels best :unsure:

Ford Bronco Regretting order? 1635032847071
Ford Bronco Regretting order? 1635032887880

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen both in person, not together however, so maybe, but I think it's mostly tire difference. but what do I know, I like the BB wheels best :unsure:

I've seen them both in person right next to each other. Once at the off-roadeo and once at my dealership's demo day event last summer. The OBX wheel looks very skinny and taller (because it is both) compared to the badlands. The badlands wheel and tire combo looked closer in dimensions to the sasquatch than the outer banks. Just my opinion. Oh, and I really wouldn't use the build and price renderings to do any kind of comparisons, you're much better off looking at photos and youtube videos.

HarderCorer

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Mgv is a big selling point for me. How come no Sasquatch or mid package? If you donā€™t mind my curiosity.
I just can't see the value in Sasquatch in anything other than base. There is a good thread somewhere discussing it. As for mid, like I said, manual so other than heated seats, which I dislike, what's the point. Though it might not even be available for manual 2 door BD. Honestly never checked since I don't want.
Sponsored