Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one to understand that to mean the rear roof section comes off without the rear side glass?? As opposed the the 3 piece hardtop
I'm interpreting that to be the donut hole.
Sponsored

ChrisKz

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see anything "modular" about it. Lol
Yeah, we're getting information from different sources. The quote referenced didn't say modular. It only said a removable panel over the rear, which I'd guess is the donut hole.

Maybe modular to Ford means the roof isn't 1 big thing, like on a TJ. It's more like the panels on a JK or JL...?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, we're getting information from different sources. The quote referenced didn't say modular. It only said a removable panel over the rear, which I'd guess is the donut hole.

Maybe modular to Ford means the roof isn't 1 big thing, like on a TJ. It's more like the panels on a JK or JL...?
Well, just the standard, non modular hardtop is removable in pieces though.
So I'm assuming modular means more pieces and/or more configuration.
The donuts hole pic IS on a modular too however, if the body colour is anything to go by.

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought this at first too, but I now think that modular means ease of attaching accessories to it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In case you havenā€™t been in the right threads for the past few weeks, @MIguy clearly works for or with the people manufacturing the hardtops. Heā€™s been correct 100% as far as Iā€™ve seen.
I don't see anything he's posted refering to any of what you've said...

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought this at first too, but I now think that modular means ease of attaching accessories to it.
Which begs the question about roof rails. We can clearly see how they're attached at the front... But at the rear?
Looks like the rear crossbar supports the two rails back there...
Can anyone see anything different with this roof compared to the one online or in the Ford videos?

2021-Ford-Bronco-2-door-6-1200x800_c.jpg

2021-ford-bronco (1).jpg

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't see anything he's posted refering to any of what you've said...
He deletes them when we get too close. Bits and pieces survive from quotes. He definitely seems to know stuff.

That said, Iā€™m totally with you on a true ā€œmodularā€ top. Besides how badass it would look, the ease of storing a top in smaller FLAT pieces would be amazing.

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I deleted most of my past posts because I got spooked about posting information that I shouldn't be posting. Now that the vehicle has been made public, I feel comfortable talking more about the details. Anyone who gets up close and personal with the vehicle can easily confirm what I've said in this thread so it's not exactly confidential information anymore.

But never mind what I have to say, you're the one in the know, surely not me.
I'm only going by what makes sense and what's been said and what I've seen. But since you've obviously had access to the Bronco before anyone else, you're the man I guess!

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If it's similar to Jeep they have gutter/channel/lip on the rear section. I'm assuming it's something similar.

Sponsored

Cooknn

Badlands
First Name
David Cook
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dude, one hardtop is MIC (molded in color) and the other is painted. Both are identical in how they function and with what can be removed.

There is one option you can get with the 2 door painted roof that is different from the MIC roof, but that hasn't been disclosed in any photos yet so I'm not talking about it.
Off topic a bit. Weā€™ve seen a photo of Bronco with white top (as well as grill, door handles and more). Do you know if this will be an option for us in December when we pick our colors?

NoBigDeal

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I deleted most of my past posts because I got spooked about posting information that I shouldn't be posting. Now that the vehicle has been made public, I feel comfortable talking more about the details. Anyone who gets up close and personal with the vehicle can easily confirm what I've said in this thread so it's not exactly confidential information anymore.

Any word on the soft top conversion over the driver/passenger area?

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yo, "MIguy", i don't know who exactly you are, but, if you do really work for ford, you better tell your numbnut cohorts to release a gosh dang white top or i swear i will buy a Nissan frontier.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sean Holman of Motortrend says the windows are removable ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ