Sponsored

Reservation converted to Order, but no VIN assigned -- how do you find your order in a Ford database?

OP
OP
ryates216

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport (TJ) 4.0L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you to everyone for your replies and insights. I appreciate the information. So, the short answer is that there is NO way for us as the end consumer to independently lookup what order the dealer has placed with Ford on our behalf. Disappointing. In today's world of technology, it seems like such a simple thing to provide to keep customers engaged and to ensure the dealer and consumer and on the same page. Maybe one day.
Sponsored

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have been reading and following for many months. I've done about 25 searches of the forum for this question, but cannot find an answer, so here goes.

Details of my reservation & order:
Reservation made on 7/18/20 10:06 am (# 1029xxxx)
Reservation converted to Order on 3/5/21

My build:
Badlands 2-door
Color: Area 51
2.7L Engine
10-speed Auto Transmission
Sasquatch Package
Lux Package
MIC Hardtop

Not surprisingly, I have not received a VIN, so I know that I am still somewhere in the TBD future.

Here is my question: is there a way for me to do an online lookup of my exact order details with Ford, using just my reservation/order number, so I can review and verify that the data I provided to the dealer when I converted the order is correct for my build?

I don't mistrust the dealer I'm working with, I just don't have high confidence that they are tech savvy and have submitted everything exactly as I specified. Yes, they have provided a scanned pdf of a "preview" order, but that doesn't seem like an actual submitted order.

Thanks for whatever help you can provide, links to other threads, etc.
As others said, the DORA is the official order. But here’s a way to check your order.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ails-through-the-ford-com-website-code.13729/

OP
OP
ryates216

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others said, the DORA is the official order. But here’s a way to check your order.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ails-through-the-ford-com-website-code.13729/
======================
Thanks for the info. I just completed this as outlined in the link. The problem is that the data on this page only reflects my reservation specs, not the build specs I provided to my dealer at time of order conversion. I understand from the person that posted the link that the results are unreliable, and that the gold standard is the DORA from the dealer. I am pursuing that with my dealer now and hope to have the latest DORA with today's date soon.

When I did the digging into the HTML data from the site, it shows an order confirmed date of 2/20/2021. I did not place my order on that date. This is my actual order history:

03/05/2021: Reservation converted to order
04/01/2021: Order changed to improve chance of 2021 delivery
- Switched from Wildtrak to Badlands
- Switched from Cyber Orange to Area 51
05/18/2021: Order changed to improve chance of 2021 delivery
- Removed Towing Package

So, the data in the Ford.com site does not match the order changes I made, nor does it match with the preview order sheet my dealer provided to me. This is EXACTLY why having an up-to-date and consumer friendly tool provided by Ford would be oh so welcome.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

======================
Thanks for the info. I just completed this as outlined in the link. The problem is that the data on this page only reflects my reservation specs, not the build specs I provided to my dealer at time of order conversion. I understand from the person that posted the link that the results are unreliable, and that the gold standard is the DORA from the dealer. I am pursuing that with my dealer now and hope to have the latest DORA with today's date soon.

When I did the digging into the HTML data from the site, it shows an order confirmed date of 2/20/2021. I did not place my order on that date. This is my actual order history:

03/05/2021: Reservation converted to order
04/01/2021: Order changed to improve chance of 2021 delivery
- Switched from Wildtrak to Badlands
- Switched from Cyber Orange to Area 51
05/18/2021: Order changed to improve chance of 2021 delivery
- Removed Towing Package

So, the data in the Ford.com site does not match the order changes I made, nor does it match with the preview order sheet my dealer provided to me. This is EXACTLY why having an up-to-date and consumer friendly tool provided by Ford would be oh so welcome.
Hey Rick!

Would you keep me posted on what you find out here? I'm having a similar issue. I have yet to receive a confirmation email from Ford with my order. When I called the customer service reservation line, the information they had resembled what my reservation was, but not what my order was for. I do have an updated, dated, correct, DORA and it wasn't until after that was signed that my order was placed. But, like you - I have my concerns.

OP
OP
ryates216

ryates216

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey Rick!

Would you keep me posted on what you find out here? I'm having a similar issue. I have yet to receive a confirmation email from Ford with my order. When I called the customer service reservation line, the information they had resembled what my reservation was, but not what my order was for. I do have an updated, dated, correct, DORA and it wasn't until after that was signed that my order was placed. But, like you - I have my concerns.
Will do!

Sponsored

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Honda Element 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have been reading and following for many months. I've done about 25 searches of the forum for this question, but cannot find an answer, so here goes.

Details of my reservation & order:
Reservation made on 7/18/20 10:06 am (# 1029xxxx)
Reservation converted to Order on 3/5/21
I placed my order on March 9th and I also still have not received this information...

Attachments

Codiakmag

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was curious about this as well, I had ordered a 4d black diamond from the dealer but my email from Ford congratulated me on ordering an outerbanks, I got the DORA from the dealership and everything looked right, but I'd still love to be sure.... guess I'm just trusting the dealership for now

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm similarly curious. I placed my order and then I haven't heard anything from the dealer, only the Ford delay emails. I have no build date schedule, no VIN, etc.
Does anyone have a suggested course of action for me to get an update? My sales rep seems to know less about broncos than your average forum user. I just want to know if I'm being pushed to 2022, or if I will get a build date later this year.

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm similarly curious. I placed my order and then I haven't heard anything from the dealer, only the Ford delay emails. I have no build date schedule, no VIN, etc.
Does anyone have a suggested course of action for me to get an update? My sales rep seems to know less about broncos than your average forum user. I just want to know if I'm being pushed to 2022, or if I will get a build date later this year.
What does your priority code say? If it is 99, then that needs to be corrected or it won't be built anywhere near in time.
Also, What was your actual reservation date and actual order date? Did you order a Tow Package, Sasquatch Package or PAINTED Hard Top? Those will all delay it. I just got off the phone with FORD.

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does your priority code say? If it is 99, then that needs to be corrected or it won't be built anywhere near in time.
Also, What was your actual reservation date and actual order date? Did you order a Tow Package, Sasquatch Package or PAINTED Hard Top? Those will all delay it. I just got off the phone with FORD.
My dealer never sent me a DORA, so I don't know if it's 99 or not. Is there any other way to find out? I reserved on the first day, and ordered 1/29. I did order the tow package and sasquatch. I understand those are delays, but are they simply not being scheduled? Am I waiting in limbo until some future date if I keep those options?

Sponsored

BigSkyBadlander

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My dealer never sent me a DORA, so I don't know if it's 99 or not. Is there any other way to find out? I reserved on the first day, and ordered 1/29. I did order the tow package and sasquatch. I understand those are delays, but are they simply not being scheduled? Am I waiting in limbo until some future date if I keep those options?
1st thing is call the dealer and get that order sheet emailed to you. Otherwise no one can help you.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There isn't much "order updating" Ford, or anyone, can do right now.

We've all placed our food orders at the counter, and we're all just standing around holding our little tickets with the number on the top.

Every once in a while an employee comes to the counter, yells out a number, and then retreats into the back.

We can hear them working their butts off back there, the employees look frazzled and appear to be working really hard.... and the place is *really* slammed... but going up to the counter and asking the person who is taking orders when we can expect our order, or where it is in the process... isn't going to reveal any good intel.

We all have to just wait here until you get an email from Ford that your VIN has been assigned. Once that happens you can use the various trackers available to follow your progress.

Until then, just hang out... we're all just as hungry as you are.

Mdstewa

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the WBDO order summary (many people call it a DORA, but tech they are different systems).

It is generated by the ordering system, if your dealer provided one of these and it’s correct, it’s what was entered into the ordering system… the next step would be for them to click “submit” on it. It would be an extraordinary event for them to provide one that is accurate but submit something wrong.

If they haven’t provided you one, ask for it. It’s really the only way to know what is in the system for your order.

Remember, you’re not Ford’s customer… the dealership is. You’re the dealership’s customer. It’s always up to the dealer to provide and confirm information to you.

1624921422397.png
dealer will not supply me one . tell me that it contains invoice pricing.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

dealer will not supply me one . tell me that it contains invoice pricing.
When a dealer pulls it up, they have the option of omitting the "Invoice" price and simply listing MSRP.... I think it's obvious why a dealer would want that functionality.

That said, I can not think of any legitimate reason why the dealer you submitted your order through would refuse to provide you with the receipt of what order they submitted for your order.

You told them what you wanted, they entered it into the system, you asked to see what they entered, and they refuse? That's not right.

It is entirely possible that they only have a single person at the dealership entering and modifying orders. They system can be tricky, so it's important to only let people who know what they're doing have access. There have some people on the forum who wanted a copy and they had to wait for the one guy to come back from vacation to log in and print it out.... So there *could* be a difference between someone on the phone telling you they "wont" give it to you vs they "can't" give it to you.

But if your dealership is honestly refusing to supply you with a copy of *your* order, I would let them know how unacceptable that is.

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@ZackDanger is the "invoice pricing" mentioned on the WBDO the same as what nadaguides.com would show? or is that a separate number that only the dealer is privy to?

If it's the same as what nadaguides.com shows, then the OP can easily tell that to the dealer. The invoice number is really not a secret...

Peter
Sponsored