Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, maybe if the profits paid for 50% of the next one.... so, somewhere in the 20 to 24k range.
You foolish enough to pay it, I'm foolish enough to sell it.

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think this thing is going to people's heads now. Look at Challenger Hellcats. First people overpaying tons. Now it's not even the most powerful so they are flooding the used market at 20k less than MSRP was. This is a Bronco. It's not going to end a collectors item. They aren't limited in numbers or time. Get over your dreams of selling your spot or order for 10g. People are dreaming big. These are not gonna be 1960 and 1970 Broncos.

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nobody is paying 10k over for a Bronco. I mean its a cool factory off roader and competition for the Jeep. But thats as far as it goes. Its not a limited collector's item. Lol.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think this thing is going to people's heads now. Look at Challenger Hellcats. First people overpaying tons. Now it's not even the most powerful so they are flooding the used market at 20k less than MSRP was. This is a Bronco. It's not going to end a collectors item. They aren't limited in numbers or time. Get over your dreams of selling your spot or order for 10g. People are dreaming big. These are not gonna be 1960 and 1970 Broncos.
Nobody is paying 10k over for a Bronco. I mean its a cool factory off roader and competition for the Jeep. But thats as far as it goes. Its not a limited collector's item. Lol.

Whoosh!!!
LMAO.

and neither of you answered the question!

You're pulling away from the dealer and some rich dude has a SPOILED kid that wants your Bronco NOW!!!
Right ...freaking... now.
What will it take to send you right to the bottom of the building que?

It matters not what the Bronco is worth.
What is your time worth? You may be waiting until Calendar 2022 to get back in a Bronco.
What is your number?

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Whoosh!!!
LMAO.

and neither of you answered the question!

You're pulling away from the dealer and some rich dude has a SPOILED kid that wants your Bronco NOW!!!
Right ...freaking... now.
What will it take to send you right to the bottom of the building que?

It matters not what the Bronco is worth.
What is your time worth? You may be waiting until Calendar 2022 to get back in a Bronco.
What is your number?
Can confirm, this does happen depending on how big of a city you live in where wealth exceeds brains ?

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With all respect, I still see absolutely no reason to "reserve" a Bronco, and I definitely would never pay anything additional for any vehicle. Sorry I don't get it, the Bronco's going to be another very common, mass produced, relatively low cost vehicle. It should be good, nobody knows yet, but nothing to write home about.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can confirm, this does happen depending on how big of a city you live in where wealth exceeds brains ?
When I was in College, I worked at a luxury car dealership that had Mercedes, BMW, Lexus, Audi, Land Rover, Porsche, Cadillac, and Infinity all within the same lot and we took delivery of a Challenger when it first game out.

nothing spectacular about that Challenger at all other than the fact it was new... sold for $65K!

I used the analogy to Smart cars on another thread because I eventually got promoted to sales. If one of their models went orphaned, the dealership had the rights to sell them. That vehicle would sell for $10K over their $10-15K price range. Imagine buying a golf cart for $25, all because their was nav, painted wheels, and a racing stripe!

You are absolutely right... this happens all the time.

BDub

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport FE, F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had someone reach out to me on Reddit - they were interested in taking my FE Sport reservation off of my hands, would make it ā€œworthwhileā€. By the time I received the message I had already converted to an order. Curious how much he was he/she was willing to pay.

Sponsored

PaBronco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2022 F-150 Lightning Pro
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
History repeats itself. Same conversation was had on the Gladiator forum before the Gladiator was released. People rushed to throw their money away to get the first ones on the street and overpaid thousands. Now the dealer lots are littered with Gladiators.

Ford will make as many Broncos as there are buyers. Some people will over pay to be the first to have one, but I will be happy to wait until the price water levels itself.

Plus, I want to get behind the wheel of the package I like to see how it drives before I buy. The new Bronco appeals to me, but I will be patient.

Dominant1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt/Cs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Im gonna wait till you can buy one off the lot...mainly because its easier to wait for a vehicle you havenā€™t ordered then one you have ordered.

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had someone reach out to me on Reddit - they were interested in taking my FE Sport reservation off of my hands, would make it ā€œworthwhileā€. By the time I received the message I had already converted to an order. Curious how much he was he/she was willing to pay.
You're assuming that it was a monetary transaction they were proposing.....;)

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Regardless what happens. Im not overpaying. I plan on making my reservation when I see the package pricing in August. Then I will make my pick what trim I want. Hopefully I'll get my Bronco by next summer. If not and I get screwed somehow then I'll wait until they over saturate the lots and they are as common as an F-150. I refuse to overpay.

kimberbrowski

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I imagine thatā€™s based on an algorithm and not the math of reservations/factor production, however, this means a base 2-Door Bronco reserves on July 13 just got significantly more valuable on delivery.

Itā€™s been a long wait. Iā€™ve been just as excited as anyone else and this will be my baby, so Iā€™m not motivated to part with my Bronco order that I feverishly refreshed the Ford Site for hours to get, but I could see first arrivals getting $10-12K on their price.

I would be sweating if someone offered me +$15K on my Badlands.
I lurked on the forum since the concept first came out and only joined once the reveal night arrived because I couldnā€™t contain my excitement, but this brings up the question... after the wait, excitement, delays... what would it take to part with your new Bronco that you just pulled off the delivery room?
Back to the original, very simple question you have posed. It would take 20k realized profit for me to sell mine. So I would think Iā€˜m pretty ā€œsafeā€ in not regretting doing something like that.

p.s. Everyone has over analyzed the shit out of this hypothetical question. Just throw a hypothetical number at what you would consider letting it go. o_O
Sponsored