Sponsored

Resetting TPMS on manual transmission Bronco?

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
I found the video for resetting the tire pressure sensors but I think it’s for automatic’s. I tried on my manual and it didn’t work!

Does anyone have a procedure for resetting tpms on manual Bronco?

Thanks,

Here’s the vid I found, maybe I did it wrong I don’t know??

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know. Mine have never needed reset. What are yours doing, or not doing, that requires a reset?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got take off wheels.

It didn't pick them up after several miles of driving? I wouldn't think the process would be different for a manual than the auto, but who knows.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I got take off wheels.
It took like 2 days for my take off wheels to reset my TPMS... I was pretty annoyed at first. It did finally wake up to the new tires and wheels.

Sponsored

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had to buy a tool to do this on my C6 Corvette when I bought aftermarket wheels. It was not that expensive although it is older technology being a 2006. With the tool the reset was instant and took like 5 minutes to do all 4 tires. I am not sure about the Bronco. I see so may have aftermarket wheels so it is probably just as easy.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, unless I'm misunderstanding your situation, you need a ford TPMS trigger tool to get the vehicle to learn the new sensors.

BenBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 and 2020 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I replace my wheels/tires at Discount Tire. They installed new TPMS sensors. The tire pressure light was on but the tech said the Ford sensors are auto learn and would reset in a couple of miles. No tool or procedure needed. He was right. The light went off before I got home. I have a manual transmission.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored
OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry to hear you're having issues with the relearn @EveryDayBronco!

In your information display screen, is there a Tire Monitor menu option?
Not a menu, just gives option if I want the tire pressure screen on my scroll if I can call it that.

There’s another video, older, that shows the system “learns” each tire by letting air out until the horn honks. This would be instead of using a special tool.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When I bought my takeoff wheels I installed them and drove down the freeway. The bronco picked them right up. If they are not happening you may not have sensors in the wheels. If they are stock ford sensors they are already the correct frequency. Even on my new aftermarket sensors all I had to do was drive above 55 or so for a few minutes and they woke up.

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drive it 10-20 miles. As long as they are ford sensors, and the seller didn't take the sensors out before selling, they will learn themselves. No tools needed.

That said, there may be a chance the seller took the sensors out and put regular valve stems in.

OP
OP

EveryDayBronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drive it 10-20 miles. As long as they are ford sensors, and the seller didn't take the sensors out before selling, they will learn themselves. No tools needed.

That said, there may be a chance the seller took the sensors out and put regular valve stems in.
Yes, there's chance the seller kept them but I can't see any signs that the tires were on a machine!

I'm planning to bring it to tire shop tomorrow to swap the sensors from my factory wheels. I'm just hoping I can spare myself the 4 hours that that's going to take out of my weekend!

Here's vid that shows how to get the system "learn" without a special tool.

E. Davis

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Velocity Blue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, there's chance the seller kept them but I can't see any signs that the tires were on a machine.

I'm planning to bring it to tire shop tomorrow to swap the sensors from my factory wheels. I'm just hoping I can spare myself the 4 hours that that's going to take out of my weekend!

Here's vid that shows how to get the system "learn" without a special tool.

You don't need to do this as of about 2016 and newer. The ford learning system has been automatic on all cars for several years, as long as it has compatible sensors on it. Even when you rotate, the car will re-learn the position of each wheel after a short drive.
Sponsored