Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course they can. If they want to sell Ford’s cars, they have to follow Ford’s rules.

I'm not familiar with the laws in every state, but I do understand they are extensive everywhere and dealers are a strong lobbying group. If you could make a legal case that Ford could simply dictate the price charged by dealers, I'd like to see it.
Sponsored

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They can't make that mandatory because the dealers are independent. Buyers need to take responsibility in this process.
Absolutely Ford can. If Ford wanted they could send out a bulletin that says if a dealer is caught selling over MSRP on a Bronco that was based on a reservation, then their Bronco stock allocation would take a significant hit. This is going to continue to be a PR problem for Ford, not only for the Bronco, but for the Lightning that they took 'reservations' on as well.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
most recent tweet from Levine:
I think we can all assume this tweet is about the OP's situation

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.32.28 AM.png
I asked 2 times the last time we signed an order. We also got a copy of the signed order hard and soft copy. It's hard to take a side on this one as it seems word vs word at this point.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Absolutely Ford can. If Ford wanted they could send out a bulletin that says if a dealer is caught selling over MSRP on a Bronco that was based on a reservation, then their Bronco stock allocation would take a significant hit. This is going to continue to be a PR problem for Ford, not only for the Bronco, but for the Lighting that they took 'reservations' on as well.
I think you're over simplifying what is a complex issue.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you're over simplifying what is a complex issue.
Perhaps, but to say that Ford has absolutely zero control over the sales practices of its dealers is not correct either.

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ford needs to mandate a Ford approved purchase agreement to be signed at time of order on all reservations so there is no miscommunication.

The dealers are playing loosey goosey and it should not take a white shoe lawyer to interpret a purchase order or dealers using printouts that have a price but aren't really an "invoice". In all these cases, it seems there is no mention upfront of any potential ADMs to be charged. However, the buyer has all kinds of paperwork and communication with an MSRP price and no mention of ADMs. Any reasonable consumer would interpret that to mean the price of the product.

If a dealer wants to charge an ADM, that is their prerogative. However, it needs to be disclosed upfront at time of order.

If these shenanigans keep up, hopefully some enterprising lawyer may have an opening for a class action lawsuit.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

56K ADM, holly hell, that has to to be a record mark up. Hope you get this resolved.

With this fiasco we call the Bronco I slowly, but surely came to realize Ford could not give a shit less about the end customer that buys their vehicles. At one time I was one of Ford's biggest fanboys. I do feel the fool now for sure......damnit.

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

most recent tweet from Levine:
I think we can all assume this tweet is about the OP's situation

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.32.28 AM.png
Funny! Its hard for him to help when a dealership is doing things like this, but when a dealership is being kind, honest, and helpful to their customers by offering a vehicle at a reasonable price, Fords makes a point to come out with a whole new algorithm to ensure those customers are forced to wait years for their Bronco.

Hard for you to help Mr. Levine, or WONT?

Every action I have seen from Ford during this entire process has only negatively affected the customers, not the dealers!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Absolutely Ford can. If Ford wanted they could send out a bulletin that says if a dealer is caught selling over MSRP on a Bronco that was based on a reservation, then their Bronco stock allocation would take a significant hit. This is going to continue to be a PR problem for Ford, not only for the Bronco, but for the Lightning that they took 'reservations' on as well.

Ford does not care until it affects the bottom line. Ford is selling every vehicle they can complete. Until that stops, Ford doesn't care what goes on at the dealer level.

My wife bought a new vehicle last week. We looked at several brands. Ford was the only brand we excluded in the search. I am enjoying my Bronco, but I will not be a repeat customer for Ford.

Bike007b

Black Diamond
First Name
KH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hard for him to help? How about they make it mandatory for every dealer to honor msrp (or below if a deal is worked out). Take the ADM out of the dealership’s playbook. Problem solved.
How about must honor MSRP unless dealer has signed from buyer that will pay more?

Sponsored

Edumakated

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Funny! Its hard for him to help when a dealership is doing things like this, but when a dealership is being kind, honest, and helpful to their customers by offering a vehicle at a reasonable price, Fords makes a point to come out with a whole new algorithm to ensure those customers are forced to wait years for their Bronco.

Hard for you to help Mr. Levine, or WONT?

Every action I have seen from Ford during this entire process has only negatively affected the customers, not the dealers!
Exactly... all the power in the world to squash when a dealer tries to offer a good deal but then magically neutered and out of his hands when scumbag dealers are screwing people over.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford did do something…..they stopped the dealer shenanigans by lowering the name match threshold from 80% to 60% and then made it nearly impossible for reservation holders to move their reservation/order to another dealership in order to get a better deal. They created this environment…..why would we expect @Ford Motor Company to help when they’re the pimps for these whores?
And don't forget Kerry, Ford also changed the allocation formula for '22. It now rewards these large douche bag dealers with more allocation that gets them more Broncos to screw more people over with a stupid high ADM.

Ford, you suck...............I wonder if I could get this on a personalized tag for my Bronco. :)

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly... all the power in the world to squash when a dealer tries to offer a good deal but then magically neutered and out of his hands when scumbag dealers are screwing people over.
Right! $1-2k under invoice, and the dealership should be shut down, but $5k ADMs or more and Fords response is, "well did you have a signed contract from a notary?"

I would think Ford would attempt to change the typical narrative of the car buying experience, not poor gasoline on it!

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
And don't forget Kerry, Ford also changed the allocation formula for '22. It now rewards these large douche bag dealers with more allocation that gets them more Broncos to screw more people over with a stupid high ADM.

Ford, you suck...............I wonder if I could get this on a personalized tag for my Bronco. :)
Kerry Ford has ALWAYS been a POS dealer.

BenderSquatch

Big Bend
First Name
Suge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I asked 2 times the last time we signed an order. We also got a copy of the signed order hard and soft copy. It's hard to take a side on this one as it seems word vs word at this point.
This is like when you see a dealer posting a vehicle on the web or in old school newspapers at a certain price point, then when you show up, they have almost 50% ADM on it. Plus in this case, it's worse because the buyer saw the MSRP at reservation and ordering times and put down a deposit. What reasonable person puts down a deposit on an unknown price for a product?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.