Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why would you wait to join this forum yesterday if you were so interested in your Bronco?
Smells fishy...
Not everyone who wants a Bronco wants to join a forum, let alone this particular forum. Plus, aren't most people spurred to action when something of consequence happens -- e.g., this markup?
Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP- did you remove your own review? It was there yesterday/last night and now it’s gone. You are the one with first hand experience dealing with them and now you have people stepping up but your own review and story of what they did appears to be missing.
This dealership gives all kinds of excuses as replies to the horrible service they give. It would have been nice to see their reply to you instead of the copy and paste one that they are giving everyone else.

Koz44

Outer Banks
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This will come as a surprise, but as a new Bronco owner (picked up 1 week ago) I had no idea this forum existed until last weekend.

To the people who just recently joined, there is nothing fishy about the OP’s decision to join now.

ELKS1

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
By by Gord

You that dumb ? For the mark up overhead a man can get a top of the line truck for half .duuuh
I
By by Gord

You that dumb ? For the mark up overhead a man can get a top of the line truck for half .duuuh
Not as dumb as your comment. J wouldn’t exactly call that a top of the line truck. Jmo

Mr. Nice

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12' Boss302, 08' Audi TT, 13' CRV, 14" Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I do feel like there is more to this story.. but I feel like what a previous poster said about the dealer calling and emailing the customer repeatedly seems unlikely and doesn't instantly discredit him.
So if a person is interested in a bronco, he has to automatically join this page? You sound pathetic.
I just love when you give your opinion here and people immediately attack.
Who is pathetic?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I updated the review. I still see it on my computer but don’t see on my phone. Google issue?

And I’ve been watching this forum for a year but didn’t have an account. Same reason I just signed up to Twitter to tag Mike. Haven’t had a reason to post until now.
That’s why I said “appears”. I didn’t want to accuse just because I couldn’t see it on my end.
I don’t fault you for only just joining. I read here for 6 months before I joined.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I blame the people who pay the ADM. If everyone just walked away the dealers couldn't pull this crap.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks but you should have gotten a signed agreement…or transferred when you could have if they wouldn’t do it. It blows my mind that people have no agreement and just walk in and expect things to go smoothly. They have you by the short hairs if you do that…chalk it up as a lesson. They are scum…but you learned how to conduct personal business. Always have an agreement done in writing at a time when you have leverage. Now you have none.
Yo @Gamecock ! You had a signed agreement with Chapman? I didn’t. I had an email with dollars based upon my original build that reflected the deal, which I thought was good but who knows now. My original reservation was with another dealer who couldn’t figure out how to convert the res to an order due to a technical issue, which was enough of a foreshadow….
point being that I feel lucky to have landed with an honest dealer but know how emotionally invested (which is a commonly shared problem here in my opinion) I was during the pandemic with little else to do other than fixate on the things I planned on doing with it.
i Was under the impression that dealers don’t want to sign formal agreements at order time because the vehicle doesn’t hit their books until it ships.
maybe you, or someone who feels that their order was ‘air tight’ with the dealer can show what that looks like.
this whole thing is BS to me and I’m not feeling any sympathy for the sleazy dealers.
good luck OP, and not trying to argue with you @Gamecock I’ve always liked your style and I was nice to meet you when you picked up your BL. Just frustrated for the other people that feel silly for believing in the good side of human nature with these shitty dealers.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yo @Gamecock ! You had a signed agreement with Chapman? I didn’t. I had an email with dollars based upon my original build that reflected the deal, which I thought was good but who knows now. My original reservation was with another dealer who couldn’t figure out how to convert the res to an order due to a technical issue, which was enough of a foreshadow….
point being that I feel lucky to have landed with an honest dealer but know how emotionally invested (which is a commonly shared problem here in my opinion) I was during the pandemic with little else to do other than fixate on the things I planned on doing with it.
i Was under the impression that dealers don’t want to sign formal agreements at order time because the vehicle doesn’t hit their books until it ships.
maybe you, or someone who feels that their order was ‘air tight’ with the dealer can show what that looks like.
this whole thing is BS to me and I’m not feeling any sympathy for the sleazy dealers.
good luck OP, and not trying to argue with you @Gamecock I’ve always liked your style and I was nice to meet you when you picked up your BL. Just frustrated for the other people that feel silly for believing in the good side of human nature with these shitty dealers.
I did. I had asked Tom for it as I was an early convert to Chapman. I will edit my post, didn't mean to sound harsh on the guy...probably based on what I do, it is automatic to get everything in writing in personal and business life...although if I or one of my people verbal an agreement, we also honor that, whether we have to or not. I hate the bad dealers who are screwing people, and there are a lot around DC...that's why I went to Chapman, and will go there next time I need a vehicle too. I hope you're doing well!

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm losing interest in these posts. Because you ordered a First Edition, it looks like you might get an assist from Ford. I really hope you do and that you can get your Bronco for a reasonable price. You would likely not get such help if you ordered a lesser trim.

Some folks here who have been in similar situations have posted some evidence of their agreement with the dealer even if it was scant. I don't see anything like that from you though. Obviously, you've been committed to this process since you got a day one reservation. But it looks like you were looking to buy a $60,000 vehicle and did not make an effort to ensure you could get it for the price you were expecting. Dealers always have shenanigans even in normal times on pedestrian vehicles. Document fees, add ons, nitrogen in tires (what a joke). We all have to take care when we are entering into a large transaction such as this.

You indicated you have been reading this forum for a year. There were countless posts over the course of that time on this topic. It looks like you are only about 4 hours from Granger. Had you moved your reservation to them, you could probably have the Bronco today for a couple grand under MSRP.

Many of us have an order in with a dealer providing a good price and may be waiting years for a Bronco if we ever get one. It is what it is.

Good luck to you. I really do hope it works out.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So many lies coming out of Superior Ford. They're telling corporate that every other Bronco they've sold to reservation holders have been at MSRP. They told me yesterday the exact opposite and that all of them had markups and their other two FEs were marked up $10K and $15K respectively. Now the dealership is just trying to save face with Ford by spinning a story that tries to justify the $118K sale price...

They also said they've been sitting on the vehicle for a week and hadn't heard from me. It showed up on the lot two days ago as I was tracking the shipment. My email said they'd contact me when it was ready. I showed up without waiting for that contact.

Dealership is supposed to call me today after Mike Levine's team talked to them but I've lost confidence that Ford was able to push them to make this right and send it out at MSRP. Given the dealership says all others have gone out at MSRP, I'm not paying a dime more!
Ford corporate knows when it was delivered. Not sure why they would even bother lying.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yo @Gamecock ! You had a signed agreement with Chapman? I didn’t. I had an email with dollars based upon my original build that reflected the deal, which I thought was good but who knows now.
You don't have anything to worry about. Chapman will not try to screw you over at the last minute. I don't have anything signed either and don't feel the need to. Tom @DealerInsider is as good as his word.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

most recent tweet from Levine:
I think we can all assume this tweet is about the OP's situation

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.32.28 AM.png

Briley

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

most recent tweet from Levine:
I think we can all assume this tweet is about the OP's situation

Screen Shot 2021-12-31 at 9.32.28 AM.png
Hard for him to help? How about they make it mandatory for every dealer to honor msrp (or below if a deal is worked out). Take the ADM out of the dealership’s playbook. Problem solved.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hard for him to help? How about they make it mandatory for every dealer to honor msrp (or below if a deal is worked out). Take the ADM out of the dealership’s playbook. Problem solved.

They can't make that mandatory because the dealers are independent. Buyers need to take responsibility in this process.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.