foremi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, T1 V10, T7, YXZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It depends on your use case, how having the Sasquatch option affects resale and what you want.

For me, I ordered a 2dr Badlands with 2.7t and felt I probably gave up fuel economy and the consensus is with the badlands you lose suspension travel and some small amount of articulation with the 35's so I skipped on the Sasquatch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the SAS looks so good! Just left the dealer and saw both a Beg Bend with and without the SAS. SAS is the way to go. I know that sounds stupid, but the Bronco looks so much better with the larger wheels. Yes, 33’s looks good as well, but proportionally the 35’s look still look better. If you are building a truck straight from the factory, you might as well get what you like. Just my opinion.

47A82C1F-A0D0-48B1-9B7F-E934810C7EBF.jpeg

F3E71A3B-EAA2-4F3D-98FC-48123F03F4ED.jpeg
Tires, larger tires...

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This has been a struggle for me as well. I have bounced between Big Bend with rear locker and Base Mansquatch. I am an Oct reservation and wanting the MIC (I guess!) So it will be MY22 for sure. At this moment my builds are basically equal in cost with what I will add and do aftermarket. With that, I am going to sacrifice any interior upgrade for the drive stronger drivetrain and factory lift. But the struggle is real with this one and I am completely with you on your use. Agree with the above as well with the 4.46 working well with the 33s. Best thing is to get what you want and are happy with!
I’m totally with you on this decision. Ended up ordering a Base-squatch because on the base at least, it was the only way to get the advanced 4x4 T-Case. For what the package includes, T-Case, Lockers, Bilsteins, Forged Wheels, the stronger front axle, 4.7 ratios, (and a sticker😉), it seemed like the way to go for me. I was originally a BD reservation and was going to add 285/70/17’s. Now I’m in the Sasquatch camp. Down the road, I thought about actually down sizing the tires a bit and adding the normal wheel flares but I will get to keep the rest of the SAS package.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tires, larger tires...
My rational is probably wrong because I probably won’t do a whole lot of crazy off-roaring. However, by straight looks the Bronco needs those larger tires. Two maybe you get away with 33’s, but the four door needs 35’s to look right.

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My rational is probably wrong because I probably won’t do a whole lot of crazy off-roaring. However, by straight looks the Bronco needs those larger tires. Two maybe you get away with 33’s, but the four door needs 35’s to look right.
The tires are larger, not the wheels. Unless you meant the 1/2" of width 🤷🏻‍♂️

Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Forditude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 5.0 5* Tuned, GX470 Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand your point. There’s a lot of tire options out there. Hopefully as more Broncos start delivering, we’ll get to see some different combinations. My wife’s GX470 has 285/70/17’s on a 3” lift with zero offset wheels and it looks perfect. My Duramax 2500 had 295/70/18’s and they looked a bit too small...

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Pibblemobile

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 XLT 302A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I drove our Mannequin Wildtrak yesterday and the SAS is so smooth. I could not believe how well it handled the city in comparison to a Wrangler. Just rock solid and tight with no feeling of a lumber wagon. I agree it will look great on 33’s and much cheaper. I don’t know if I’d do a spacer loft but some adjustable coil overs would be fine for your application.

Sponsored

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I drove our Mannequin Wildtrak yesterday and the SAS is so smooth. I could not believe how well it handled the city in comparison to a Wrangler. Just rock solid and tight with no feeling of a lumber wagon. I agree it will look great on 33’s and much cheaper. I don’t know if I’d do a spacer loft but some adjustable coil overs would be fine for your application.
I was in the Sioux Falls Ford dealership last Saturday, I was told the Cyber Orange Wildtrak was a customer order 🤔

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Same boat as you, no need for any of the features. More light off-road/fire and service road stuff max.

I like SAS a lot, looks fantastic. The BL does too. Crunching numbers it ends up being over 5k to move from BD to BL or SAS. Not worth it for me, don't need the added offroad features and the level will be pretty cheap, tires when I need them so calling that mostly a wash.

Went BD. When I'm up for tires will go 33s and add a 1-2" level. I also like the steelies so want to keep them.

Edit: unless you need access to the high/lux package. I also value MGV and some of the add-ons that BD has. Resell won't matter, they will be a commodity for a few years at a minimum.

Last edited:

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Just depends on your use. A non Sasquatch BL accomplishes a whole lot out of the box without doing a thing. IF its a lower trim, there are way more variables as you loose a boat load of upgraded components driven towards offloading. My second option would be a BD without Sasquatch and put 33s on it call it a day, it would be very capable with the rear locker.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I originally had SAS on my Badlands order but decided to drop it. Not needed on that trim and saves me a few thousand dollars. If I was getting Base up to Outerbanks then I would get SAS due to those trims having smaller tires and less off road features stock.
I have been waffling on if I should drop SAS. Dropping it would definitely bump up my build, according to the dealer GM. What keeps me is it's only $2,500 extra on Badlands. Wheels, tires, lift, gearing, specifically engineered parts, under warranty and bundled with payment. It is just too convenient and the little extra wait will help me save up that $2,500.
Sponsored