Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I always had nothing but 2 doors and single cab trucks until I got my current truck 6 years ago. The back seats in my truck are basically just storage and have been used by people probably 3 times in 6 years. 2 door for me. I'll probably even build me a seat delete with some storage underneath, I can always put them back in if kids show up.
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I always had nothing but 2 doors and single cab trucks until I got my current truck 6 years ago. The back seats in my truck are basically just storage and have been used by people probably 3 times in 6 years. 2 door for me. I'll probably even build me a seat delete with some storage underneath, I can always put them back in if kids show up.

One of my better mods of my Tacoma was taking out the rear seats to give me more storage, plus I don't have to give people rides.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I didn't stutter...??.

We're a polyam family. The three of us adults, our combined 7 kids, 4 dogs, 4 cats, a snake and a bearded dragon. It's never boring around our place.
I would need at least one more wife for 7 kids, so props for keeping that big of a tribe together with only 3 adults!

A) I don't like warm beer, and I like ice in my whisky.
Don't drink and drive. Also, I have two Yeti-like chests that keep ice for days...with a z. How long are your trips?

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would need at least one more wife for 7 kids, so props for keeping that big of a tribe together with only 3 adults!

Don't drink and drive. Also, I have two Yeti-like chests that keep ice for days...with a z. How long are your trips?
well, whenever an entire half of your state is out of power for weeks at time due to cat 4 hurricanes, having a fridge in the truck would be handy.

we do use yeti's for our fishing trips, and those can be 4-5 days w/o power or running water, and our yeti's will keep ice for that period in nearly 100 degree heat. our trips used to only be 2.5 days max because that is all that the ice would last. We usually bring about 5 ice chests, starting off with 1 with half ice and half beer, 1 with half ice half food, and the other three filled completely with ice, and you wait until you have alot of fish to put into the chest before you open them so you don't lose ice to quick. about 300 lbs of ice or so.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
well, whenever an entire half of your state is out of power for weeks at time due to cat 4 hurricanes, having a fridge in the truck would be handy.

we do use yeti's for our fishing trips, and those can be 4-5 days w/o power or running water, and our yeti's will keep ice for that period in nearly 100 degree heat. our trips used to only be 2.5 days max because that is all that the ice would last. We usually bring about 5 ice chests, starting off with 1 with half ice and half beer, 1 with half ice half food, and the other three filled completely with ice, and you wait until you have alot of fish to put into the chest before you open them so you don't lose ice to quick. about 300 lbs of ice or so.
Miami. I just leave and go somewhere else when I see that swirly on the radar, haha. I get that reason, though.

I guess I'd rather eat MREs than bother with that many chests and ice, but to each their own. :)

I was just curious what type of trips people were taking where they wanted a fridge in their Bronco but didn't want an RV.

Skagzoola

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Cruz (POS)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like you've already made good points about why you should be driving a bigger vehicle. Two door works for me because it is essentially just me, I'm not looking to drive the family around in it. And if I do put some family members in the Bronco, with a Yakima rack on top, I can load coolers or whatever I might want
This.
I've been lurking these 2 door vs4 door threads and the one thing no one is mentioning when it comes to having enough space in the 2 door is the optional roof rack. You can essentially double your cargo capacity in the 2 door by adding a roof rack with some tie downs. True, it would be easier to just throw everything in the 4 door and not have to climb the vehicle to store things on the roof. But the roof rack is how I plan to negate the 2 door's lack in cargo space.
I currently have a 2018 Chevy cruze hatchback. It's a 4 door, but with the seats folded down, the 2 door bronco still actually has more cubic feet of storage.
And in my cruze I am able to fit 2 massive electric scooters, 2 coolers and the rest of my camping gear and 1 friend's camping gear all in the back. Those stupid scooters are 60 inches long, when folded down btw.
So I think I'm gonna go with the 2 door, because I'm already used to driving smaller vehicles, but my current vehicle doesn't even have a roof rack and has less space inside than a 2 door bronco and I still manage to get by.
Ford Bronco Rethinking the 2-Door 20200509_174750

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My bad. I slipped up. Normally don't mention it.
Considering this is approximately the 1,000th 2-door vs 4-door thread on this forum, we needed something interesting to happen here to finally change things up a bit.

So for the 1-wife vs 2-wife debate, I am firmly on team 1-wife strictly because I can barely handle 1 as it is. But kudos for it working for y’all!

Gpscharron

Badlands
First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FORD Bronco, RV- Ford E450 (Thor Vegas 24.1)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% sure I am getting the 2-door because for the following three reasons:
1. My wife and I already have a fully loaded Ford Explorer
2. We travel the country via RV and plan to pull our Bronco (Correction MY Bronco. Lol)
3. Kids just moved out of the house!!

Bronco6gFL

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think it's a really great idea for all of you on the fence to just go ahead and switch to the 4 door. That frees up some reservations, and maybe I won't have to wait until next august to get my bronco!

Sponsored

Brokennose

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scout
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All valid points. I'm sticking with the 2 door.

Techqua

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Considering this is approximately the 1,000th 2-door vs 4-door thread on this forum, we needed something interesting to happen here to finally change things up a bit.
Exactly! Reading that stopped my incessant scrolling and gave me something interesting to think about. What I can't imagine is putting up with a second wife as the first wife! I have known women to be too territorial for that, including me. "It's about to be a girlfight!" ?