Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put a deposit on the R1T last spring, just waiting for them to release the configurator to make my final decision, but right now im leaning towards the bronco.
Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a cybertruck reservation. Tesla has been around for a decade and Rivian hasnā€™t produced a vehicle yet. Iā€™d go that route if I get an EV. Realistically the cybertruck is a little too flashy for me, Iā€™m curious to see the production model. EV is coming along, the range and power is getting very impressive and hard to deny.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm still waiting for the cybertruck to be revealed as an elaborate April Fool's Day prank. No one was asking for a pickup that looks like a giant DeLorean. Can't deny the the tech, but woof.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronco can't tank turn

But really the rivian is much more expensive and electric, that's not really direct competition for bronco

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But really the rivian is much more expensive and electric, that's not really direct competition for bronco
Considering that a stripped R1S probably compares most closely with a V6+auto Badlands, and considering the EV tax credit, I bet the price difference will be closer than you think. The Rivian will get expensive if you add features that aren't even available on the Bronco (autonomous driving stuff, cooled seats, air suspension, etc), but that doesn't count.

Last edited:

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I have found it difficult to find charging stations in the middle of desolation wilderness, so probably sticking with a petrol powered vehicle for now.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Definitely looked into it. It's everything I wanted except the price. I'll wait a couple of years before I start looking at EVs again. Once Tesla, Ford, Nikola, etc. bring their vehicles to market, and the tech advances, prices will come down and the issues will be mostly ironed out.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have found it difficult to find charging stations in the middle of desolation wilderness, so probably sticking with a petrol powered vehicle for now.
At least with Tesla, I've seen their superchargers in some crazy places on the west coast. Even remote location like crater lake

On the west coast at least you could easily roadtrip a Tesla anywhere you wanted easily. I am not a fan of the Tesla mob and I think Tesla builds low quality vehicles so I'd love to have a reasonable electric option from another company

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i would say bronco. more parts availability and overall more established. rivian hasn't made a single production vehicle, and besides they are electric. i will never be able to get used to full torque at 0 rpm. i would just rather have a gas, manual bronco. call me biased tho lol

fomoco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
deathmobile
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Rivian front end, and especially the headlights, are super f ing ugly. It makes the new Defender look tough. Over the last 50 years, I thought Detroit auto designers were the worse...I was wrong.

Sponsored

rgwinn

First Edition
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜62 Vette
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

At least with Tesla, I've seen their superchargers in some crazy places on the west coast. Even remote location like crater lake

On the west coast at least you could easily roadtrip a Tesla anywhere you wanted easily. I am not a fan of the Tesla mob and I think Tesla builds low quality vehicles so I'd love to have a reasonable electric option from another company
Iā€™m sure they will work out the charging problems, but itā€™s still a limited resource
Ford Bronco Rivian or Bronco 4CC222CF-5453-459F-823F-11C03705EE8A

BradCA

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Lexus CT200, 2020 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Rivian and Bronco have similar styling elements. I like both but I have a feeling Bronco delivery will be much sooner.

47x

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gtfo

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you have the time ...I am not organized to do electric..don't have 30-45 min to charge at a station, and I'm interested to see how they solve towing.

From what I can tell that is a big issue with long range towing

Dlerojo

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rivian looks pretty cool but its from an unknown company. They've never released a product before. It might be crap it might be great. THey don't have the supercharging network that Tesla has.

I would imagine Rivian will be like Tesla and only allow their own approved repair network to work on their cars, no aftermarket parts etc. That's a huge negative in my opinion.

I also don't like how you cant drive out to a remote town, fill up, then have a full tank to explore off road. Most of these small towns dont have super chargers. You're pretty much stuck with the range you have from home.
Sponsored