First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was on the waiting list from a while back. Never got an email. Doesnt matter. As I may have got the fronts for 169. But they can kiss my ass for $260 for just the fronts for a piece of plastic. I will just get some universal for $30 and make my own. Screw these vendors who price gouge just cause it is for a Bronco
Agreed they are wildly overpriced but I'm a long term customer and willing to pay for it based on my past purchases

Have you checked out the Rekgens? They look like they might be a good option for almost half the price.

I did the $24 universal flaps on mine while I've been waiting as well. They work, but aren't ideal.
Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting list here and no email either. Price gouge on this one is some bullshit but we can probably thank gatorback for kicking that off. That said the gatorbacks are probably better material at least?

Went from a sure buy for me to undecided.

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Agreed they are wildly overpriced but I'm a long term customer and willing to pay for it based on my past purchases

Have you checked out the Rekgens? They look like they might be a good option for almost half the price.

I did the $24 universal flaps on mine while I've been waiting as well. They work, but aren't ideal.
I have Tufskinz on my Tacoma and I like them and they were only $38 for front or rear or 80 for full set. They work well and are very durable. So hopefully they come out with something that is priced correctly

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Waiting list here and no email either. Price gouge on this one is some bullshit but we can probably thank gatorback for kicking that off. That said the gatorbacks are probably better material at least?

Went from a sure buy for me to undecided.
Gatorbacks are fugly IMO, and still what, $3-400 more? Not familiar with their (GB) material but Rokblokz are very durable and stay looking good over time. Can't imagine Gatorback could have a "better" material.

JonD79

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree, Those Gatorbacks are some of the ugliest things I have ever seen sold for a car/truck. Unless your an 18wheeler those look so out of place

Sponsored

CyberOrangeFanatic

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mudflaps are an absolute necessity for me as my parents-in-law live down a very long gravel road. I've already had a bit of scratching on my paint due to rocks being flung back. RokBlokz will be my choice. Their pricing isn't too crazy (like the Ford Gatorbacks) and I like how easy the RokBlokz appear to be to remove when I don't need them. I ordered a pair just now, and I look forward to finally feeling safe in traveling on gravel.

Last edited:

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I would love to see the difference in Bronco vs Jeep brackets and see if it helps explain some of the price difference we are seeing.

The sheer number of options they put together for Broncos increases R&D cost as well.

Not to totally excuse it, I'm disappointed with how much these ended up costing either way.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I signed up and didn’t get the email either

CyberOrangeFanatic

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
yup, I'm out too. That price increase is ridiculous. Still waiting on a decent vendor to make a decent set of flaps for a decent price. Whoever does it, will make a killing....
They won't really make a killing because they won't be making any money. Broncos are already a niche market with no hope of recouping an investment from 3rd party vendors for quite some time due to how slowly Ford is making the vehicles. As a business, you can either deal in higher volume with lower margins or in lower volume with higher margins. 3rd party vendors don't have much of a choice right now -- they pretty much have to deal with lower volume and higher margins to make ends meet on this stuff in the Bronco market for the foreseeable future.

Sponsored

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What are these made of? How flexible are they? I have read some of the rally car guys break them or snap them off.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
What are these made of? How flexible are they? I have read some of the rally car guys break them or snap them off.
I'm no material expert but they are tough. I have no clue how anyone would break them. I could see ripping them off, mounts and all but not snapping the flap itself. Either way that's gonna be user error. They survived my RZR Turbo, and I've set the full weight of my Focus RS down on them going over speedbumps.

Two F150s, an Impreza, a GTI, RS, GT350, and a RZR and I've not seen one get damaged yet.

They are not very flexible, but they will bend and they are strong. The Bronco and Jeep flaps are meant to be removed when offroading so you don't snag them anyway.

TX-Hans

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Escalade, '13 Jeep Wrangler, '21 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Video was helpful to be able to see what they look like from different angles. I am surprised, for the high price, they did not use black oxide coated stainless hardware so the hardware doesn't stand out against the black flap material.

Ford Bronco Rokblokz mudflaps installed on Bronco 1648408897344

Ford Bronco Rokblokz mudflaps installed on Bronco 1648408978141

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Gatorbacks are fugly IMO, and still what, $3-400 more? Not familiar with their (GB) material but Rokblokz are very durable and stay looking good over time. Can't imagine Gatorback could have a "better" material.
Good to know they're at least good material. I didnt love the look of them in the Lite brite video (gaps), but the XL ones look to have full coverage. Agreed that the gatorbacks are fugly.

Biggwrm

First Edition
First Name
Orran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ordered set, would like to have seen a wait list discount.
An image showing the size difference between the xl and the long would be helpful. 4-8 weeks I assume will have ability to change mind
Sponsored