First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did come across that thread before doing it. From what I understood, that sensor is on top of the fuel tank, near to body. I was unable to get into all the nooks and crannies, and took care between the body and fuel tank. Did mine a month or so ago, so we'll see. Also, if I remember right, they used a different undercoating, which is known to slightly swell rubber.

Why not use POR15?
You can even brush it on....
It did pop on my radar as an undercoat, but pb touts a 2 year spray. We'll see how it holds up to northern Indiana winters
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Actually it’s not needed. But thanks for the comment.

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Touche' But I like my job a lot and where I live. That and Its a vehicle designed to get dirty- it's not some mall crawler. Simple preventative maintenance.
Yeah, I can't identify with the Bronco people that are using it for a fair weather weekend vehicle. For me the main function for my Wiltrak will be a daily driver and utility work horse. I have a GT-350 for the fair weather weekends.

Living in the northeast with the brutal winter salt I'm planning on undercoating my Wildtrak as well. I think I'm going with Fluid Film.

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought a gallon of surface shield and sprayed it through a wool wax gun works great and used the 360 nozzle throughout the frame and all the body panels
Curious to know a ballpark price on equipment...

Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wanted to show how I undercoated using PB Blaster's new surface shield product. This is comparable to fluid film and woolwax- it's lanolin base so it stays oily and does not dry and harden- does not crack off.

Previous career I used to electrostatic spray rust preventive on truck frames and I can tell you I personally shy away from such products due to cracking and peeling issues. Long story short, if you cannot get a specific mill spec on the coating it will break off so more is not better. You need a professional commercial setup and tools to do this job correctly.

I live in the rust belt and work in a steel mill- This is the ultimate way to destroy anything so this will be the test of all test.

I took delivery of my base Bronco two days ago and the very next day I coated the entire frame, driveshaft, nuts and bolts, the inside of the door drains and inside all the frame holes with the surface shield. The only thing I masked off were the brakes. I used the T9 on the door jams, wheel hubs and lugs. It takes very little of this product and it is used in aerospace applications.
I will keep this updated as winter and the years progress.

It took 2.5 cans of PB Blaster surface shield to treat a base 2 door= $30

You could coat everything in T9 if you really wanted a less than oily look, but consider it's $120 for a gallon off amazon.

Areosol cans are $20 but this can also be used to clean off everything so I'd be wary of getting it on certain connectors and sensors without properly masking them first and not having a spray booth. Overspray isn't much of an issue with the PB blaster just place a tarp underneath and it's easy cleanup and you're done.

Happy winter everyone.

20221110_120629.jpg

20221110_131453.jpg

20221110_131501.jpg

20221110_131504.jpg

20221110_131510.jpg

20221110_131519.jpg

20221110_131536.jpg

20221110_131625.jpg
This whole thread is foreign to me (being in So Cal), but I sell prett much every spray cap you could want…https://www.artsupplywarehouse.com/...?mode=searchstore&search[searchfor]=Spray+cap

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Curious to know a ballpark price on equipment...
I think it was around 180$ for everything but you could probably do your truck 3 times. Also the wool wax gun came with 1 quart of wool wax spray bought everything on Amazon for me the cost made more since because I will keep my bronco for a long time and will reapply this product

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it was around 180$ for everything but you could probably do your truck 3 times. Also the wool wax gun came with 1 quart of wool wax spray bought everything on Amazon for me the cost made more since because I will keep my bronco for a long time and will reapply this product
Worth it. Did my wife's 2019 ranger for this upcoming winter after noticing how bad it was starting to get. Had enough cans do do the bronco as well. Want to get more thorough next time. I appreciate the heads up.

20221016_105439.jpg

snolen

First Edition
First Name
stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Worth it. Did my wife's 2019 ranger for this upcoming winter after noticing how bad it was starting to get. Had enough cans do do the bronco as well. Want to get more thorough next time. I appreciate the heads up.

20221016_105439.jpg
I wanted a quality undercoating gun and the wool wax had great reviews and I was very pleased with the results I know it works better than the spray cans and get more product for the money there are other guns out there that are cheaper and more expensive but overall this worked great for me

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, for context, the ranger is a 2019, and has less than 25,000 miles on it. It is mostly surface rust, but there is bubbling starting to form.

Sponsored

Brnzbronc

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have a sureshot pressure pot and Coat the bottom of my vehicles. Also works great with Armorall you wheel wells with too!

C538C8F3-E501-4448-9C36-17EF87C89985.png

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a sureshot pressure pot and Coat the bottom of my vehicles. Also works great with Armorall you wheel wells with too!

C538C8F3-E501-4448-9C36-17EF87C89985.png
That looks pretty useful. I don't think you can get away from gravity feed, like I imagine the wool wax gun would be the same. Just watched a quick video on it. How often would you say you refill? I assume there are attachments, or at least you can make a fitting work for hose with 360 tip for deep inner frame spraying.

Not having to drag air hose through overspray on the ground would be nice... Also, the utility of different products going through the spray system would be useful. Weed killer, deck stain, liquid fertilizer...

Vanimalious

Badlands
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean, they at least paint the frame. That in itself is rust protection, but as with everything else, not long term. Even paint fades and cracks over time. I'm not saying my bronco will be rust free and last 50 years, potentially becoming a collector item, but I'ma try. If nothing else, I want it to keep long enough til I die, so I never have to step foot in a dealership again.
Sponsored