Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you get the locker sorted out yet?
Not yet. Tulsa had a bad storm that knocked down some tree limbs, my fence, and outdoor storage sheds. All my "free" time has been taken up by yard repairs. I haven't even put my tires in the dirt for about a month....... :(

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not yet. Tulsa had a bad storm that knocked down some tree limbs, my fence, and outdoor storage sheds. All my "free" time has been taken up by yard repairs. I haven't even put my tires in the dirt for about a month....... :(
It's been about a month for me too. Smashed my intercooler pretty good at the dunes Memorial Day weekend but it's holding air so rolling with it for now. Been rushing to get the bumper finished for the trip and finally wrapped it up yesterday so I can play again.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m at about 11,500 miles and finally got around to installing my modified Dana 44 rear diff cover. I drilled, tapped, a cut an O-ring boss to allow easy draining in the future, and painted it Velocity Blue. :cool: My oil was pretty dirty but I had no metal in it. The factory fill plug magnet was covered in silver anti-seize, but I cleaned it off and used it on my new cover. Be gentle and don’t stab or cut the gasket as it is reusable and very good quality. I was able to get this job done re-using all the factory bolts and studs. It would be easier IF you drop the panhard bar but I was able to do it in place. I’ve got it parked on clean concrete and will check for leaks in the morning

The curious thing I noticed was how the e-locker rattles. I wish I would’ve put some kind of shrink wrap on the pin, or even a vacuum line cap, but I just left it as-is. I went back with Mobil-1 Synthetic 75W-140.

Check out my video to hear the rattle I’m talking about.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned IMG_8573

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm back. FYI, here is a closeup of the -4 ORB plug in my rear diff cover to make drains and refills quick and easy.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned r5fpBm

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m sitting in the dealership getting my oil changed and tires rotated. Rotating 37’s is a young man’s game that I’ll let them play.
They got another $7 from me for a “Bronco” soda pop opener. LOL
Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned IMG_9298

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I registered for https://www.greatamericancrawl.com/event/gac-at-disney-ok/ I hope to represent the Bronco well.
It should be a good time on the rocks this weekend. Going in with no front locker and a clunky CV axle, so I won't be doing the HARD stuff. Working front lockers spoiled me in Moab, but leaving them engaged too much is probably what messed it up.

RSGokKB.jpg

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For some unknown reason my front lockers worked yesterday WooHoo!! I was able to make it up “Little Blue” in Disney, OK. twice!! I saw a built Jeep and a SXS get winched up out of this same obstacle. 2-door on 37’s with some judicious gas pedal got me up and over.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is my dash cam footage of Little Blue in Disney, OK. I was super excited to make it up this. I tried and failed a couple of times before with my old setup, so I was pumped getting it done this time. You need to be willing to accept some body damage just to attempt this. I suffered nothing on this go around other than some scratched up beadlock rings.

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went over 14,000 miles so I wanted to change my air filter and in-cabin filter. Very glad I did because they needed it. Trail riding with AC on full blast was pretty much how I spent my summer ;)

2.3L Engine Air Filter P/N: FA-2022 (MB3Z-9601-A) $16.09 @ RockAuto

In-cabin filter for Dual Climate control: FP-93 (MB3Z-19N619-A) $16.88 @ RockAuto

My local AdvanceAuto didn't have these in stock, and the Dealer wanted $49.99 each (or there-about).

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned y9afCNB

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned nuOL49R

OP
OP
Bikeric

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got tired of seeing the ears on the factory skid plate just hanging out in the air. I decided to make cuts on the leading and trailing edges and fold the ears up. They look to protect the JKS mounts pretty good. I will weld up the edges and then paint the skid plate with a fresh rattle can and call it good.

kgPHufm.jpg

YZUrM13.jpg

Xn86Mbr.jpg

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got tired of seeing the ears on the factory skid plate just hanging out in the air. I decided to make cuts on the leading and trailing edges and fold the ears up. They look to protect the JKS mounts pretty good. I will weld up the edges and then paint the skid plate with a fresh rattle can and call it good.

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned Xn86Mbr

Ford Bronco Salvage 2 Door Badlands Gets a Second Life. Restoration & Modified Rebuild Planned Xn86Mbr

This is almost exactly what I was thinking of doing. Looks good.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is almost exactly what I was thinking of doing. Looks good.

It does look good. Thought of doing the same to my front skid, when I make it. Was unsure what it would look like but now I have an idea. 😁
Sponsored