Sponsored

Sasquatch feels way to rough...need more comfort!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Hey guys... first of all i love the looks of my Bronco. As a car collector i have to say its my favorite looking car, after driving luxury and comfortable cars bronco feels like a wild horse, (i mean its build wild) but i can't believe how rough the suspension is, any thought how to make it a very comfortable ride? Will a better suspension make it major difference? A couple people said 2door drive much different then the 4door im concerned just spending money on a new suspension and it won't fix the issue. Or will a 2 door will feel rough. Any thoughts?
Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What PSI are your tires?
Not going to get much softer than the factory ride. Maybe an off road vehicle is not what you were after.

OP
OP
Wiser Bronco

Wiser Bronco

Raptor
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What PSI are your tires?
Not going to get much softer than the factory ride. Maybe an off road vehicle is not what you were after.
Whatever it came from factory, i haven't even checked. What should i run it at?

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What type of roads are you driving on?

Sponsored

JBsabre

Badlands
First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Sasquatch feels way to rough...need more comfort! Can'ttellifserious

The Bronco handles amazingly well for an offroad vehicle. If you want it to ride like a 'luxury' vehicle you'll want tires that aren't designed for off road use, which will change the look of the vehicle. I'm sure a different suspension system would work but... your car your money!

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
My 2 door rides great. Recommended 39 PSI, others have reported much higher PSI's from the factory and have adjusted...

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Whatever it came from factory, i haven't even checked. What should i run it at?
mine came home with 45 psi in them. Try going to 33 front and 31 rear. It will help a lot. That said; I think the rear springs are too stiff or the urethane bump stops are not progressive enough.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Soft means less road feel. I always prefer a stiffer suspension myself.

But as others have said, 1st thing to do is probably to drop the PSI on your tires to around 32 PSI

Sponsored

RELEGATION BATTLE

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (2-dr.)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll try to help you out: First off, a 2-dr will be rougher…. So that’s out of the question here…

Secondly, I always run my tires in the low-30’s psi just so the ride is not SO jumpy. Though admittedly, I like the rougher ride of a an SUV/truck. And I don’t care about sacrificing gas mileage…

Lastly, if you think these things are rough, you need to drive a Wrangler!! Doing that will adjust your senses a bit, such that you’ll long for the “comfort” of a Bronco again.

If all that fails, like someone else said, you need a Bronco Sport…. Or perhaps an Explorer? Or a Lincoln??

Last edited:

MontanaMountainMan

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And you have a first edition? I dunno, I don't want to be mean, but it's kind of shocking to me you have one of the rarest builds of this and don't seem to understand the compromises inherent to an off-road oriented vehicle. You could try upgrading the shocks, but this is never going to drive like a Mercedes E-class.

Scape Goat

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Suspension will help, but dropping PSI is the most economical start. A 2 doors shorter wheel base makes it "buck" a little more. But, that is mostly noticeable when off-roading.

I would drop PSI and give it time. I think you will acclimate to it.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey guys... first of all i love the looks of my Bronco. As a car collector i have to say its my favorite looking car, after driving luxury and comfortable cars bronco feels like a wild horse, (i mean its build wild) but i can't believe how rough the suspension is, any thought how to make it a very comfortable ride? Will a better suspension make it major difference? A couple people said 2door drive much different then the 4door im concerned just spending money on a new suspension and it won't fix the issue. Or will a 2 door will feel rough. Any thoughts?
Well, the stock OBX suspension (even on the 2 door) with the stock OBX tires, is pretty supple. It is much more compliant than the Badlands suspension that I replaced it with... but less capable off-road. With a 1 inch leveling kit, you could probably fit your 35's under it.

I happen to have an OBX 2 door suspension with shock, springs, and bumpstops. I would sell it fairly cheap if you want to give it a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.