First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JK Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If Ford was going to hamstring us with the crawl ratio on the squatch, they should have given us a 4:1 transfer case. End of story. 67:1 in a squatch is weak sauce..
Sponsored

LMN8R

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is insanity. Why make an enthusiast vehicle with an enthusiast transmission, an enthusiast engine, and an enthusiast suspension/tire/diff package but not let you get it together?

IT IS AN OUTRAGE!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
If Ford was going to hamstring us with the crawl ratio on the squatch, they should have given us a 4:1 transfer case. End of story. 67:1 in a squatch is weak sauce..
Crawl ratio is a lot less important when you have a torque converter. Still wish it was higher but not as big of a deal.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The way I see it after I use it and if it needs more crawl ratio I will just put 5:13's in it. That should pep it up.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Havenā€™t gone through the entire thread, but is there any reason why the 7MT canā€™t run 35s or the locking diffs not have the 7MT, etc?
Is there an engineering issue or complication?

Sponsored

Staticclism

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
230k mile 1996 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Havenā€™t gone through the entire thread, but is there any reason why the 7MT canā€™t run 35s or the locking diffs not have the 7MT, etc?
Is there an engineering issue or complication?
My assumption is either a) they figured the take-rate wouldn't be cost effective, b) they're afraid it'll be too hard on the clutch / transmission during the warranty period, or c) a combination of the two.

MEMessina72

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jk Rubicon 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sir.... I'd rather have the front sway bar disconnect available with the Sasquatch package than the manual. The disconnect is far more useful.

Thank you.

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sir.... I'd rather have the front sway bar disconnect available with the Sasquatch package than the manual. The disconnect is far more useful.

Thank you.
You donā€™t need a manual for off-roading true. But it makes driving so much more enjoyable. Rubicon has both why cant the bronco with max clearance?

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I guess I will put my 2 cents in for anyone that cares (or is monitoring the forum). I have been a Raptor owner since 2014. Love it! Best truck I have ever owned and I have owned many. My wife loves it is just as much, if not more than I do, and that is saying something. Back in the day, there was a Ford employee that monitored the forum full time and if you had an issue with your truck or service, she would make sure you got it fixed, period.

We moved to CO almost 4 years ago and I quickly learned that the trails are not all suitable for such a wide truck. Less than six months after we got here, we bought a JKU Rubicon Hard Rock and started our build. We now have a very capable rig and run most of the trails here that are not rated for "crawlers/buggies" with 40s+.

I have a good friend that had an early Bronco growing up and has been squirreling money away anxiously awaiting the reveal... so I have been watching too. Let me be clear in this: I had no intention of wanting a Bronco. I figured it would fall short of the hype!

My intention was to wait for the Gen 3 Raptor and HOPE that that finally put a V8 back in it. I don't have any issue with small displacement forced induction applications. As a matter of fact, I had a 300ZX TwinTurbo that was putting down 528 RWHP on the race tune. That thing was bulletproof and an absolute BEAST. It was a ten year build/progression to get there, though.

My very short point to this very long winded post, is that I have stayed completely away from the Gen 2 Raptor because of the lack of a V8 option. There is noting wrong with Gen 2 or the 3.5 EcoBoost and I concede that it is an improvement over the Gen 1 in almost every aspect. However, people are just as (or even more) passionate about the lack of offering of a standard transmission in the Bronco as they are a V8 in the Raptor.

There is plenty of time and it ain't rocket science. I hope Ford listens to the masses. Not because they will lose sales, but because it is something that the Bronco community truly wants to see.

v/
Russ

We were working with the manager to finalize the purchase of our 370Z Roadster and he said to my wife "Are you sure you don't want to drive the 7speed, paddle shifter, automatic? It's really nice." She looked at him with a scowl and said "Sports cars don't have automatics!" and she was serious. :)

Boxmonkey

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully a new bronco!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m on the fence about keeping my order because of the whole manual thing.
I REALLY wanted a V6 with the manual and Sasquatch package. Iā€™d be all in if I could get that.
Then I placed my order thinking I can live with the 4 cylinder, 7 speed with the Sasquatch and now i find out I canā€™t even get that!
Maybe this just isnā€™t the right truck for me...

lots of other fun cars Iā€™ve been thinking about that are coming out. Iā€™ve wanted an off-road toy for a while. But I could go back to fast toys.
New Mach 1
New STI
New Nissan Z
392 Wrangler

Sponsored

stickshifter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma (1975 FJ-40, 1978 CJ-7, 2008 JKU)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
not necessarily. money spend on a manual 2.7 is money not spent on that sweet brown leather seat, or a 3.0L.

Ford engineers and marketing folk spend weeks and months with wrangler owners. they see what wrangler sells, what enthusiasts bring to the trails, they see them selling <10% manuals, they see them not offering manual on their upgrade 2.0L or diesel. They see what it would cost to engineer a brand new mt for a 2.7L, they see that it would mostly steal from the 2.3L option. They see they cant charge what it would take to pay for it.
Of course you are right - MTs make up a low percent of vehicle sales; 6.7% of new vehicle sales in 2010, according to Jalopnik, and I'm sure that number has dropped over the last ten years.
https://jalopnik.com/6-7-of-vehicles-sold-in-u-s-have-manual-transmissions-5694777

But Ford went ahead anyway and put a MT in the Bronco (so we are not talking about convincing Ford to offer a MT). Why go to that trouble, and engage in the additional manufacturing cost, and instead of using a slightly more robust MT, they use the Getrag 7-speed that maxs out at 400 lb./ft. of torque? It would have cost marginally more to use a more robust MT instead - one that could have been used with both the 2.3 and the 2.7. The increased cost (i.e. the difference in cost between the Getrag and some other MT) would not be that much. So why bother with a MT that can only be paired with the 2.3? Furthermore, you can't pair the Sasquatch package with the MT even if you have the 2.3. It doesn't make sense to me.

The Getrag 7-speed is new. I don't know if it was developed with any input from Ford, or if Getrag developed it on their own, and later Ford came calling. But it isn't necessary for Ford to develop an all new MT just for the 2.7 - there are robust MTs out there already. Here is just one example:
https://www.motorator.com/blog/general-automotive/rsg-tranzilla-tremec-6-speed-conversion/

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
So for all of you saying
ā€œBut a Hellcat has a manualā€

This is the amount of LBFT needed to get each vehicle rolling up to 3mph. Aka take off with clutch.

Hellcat/ GT350R 65lbft
Bronco 33ā€ tires 91lbft
Bronco 35ā€ tires 101lbft
Bronco 37ā€ tires 112lbft

It not about engine lbft it 1000% to do with the amount of force needed to get the vehicle moving. Trying to get a vehicle moving that needs 100+lbft is going to eat up a clutch for breakfast!

And thatā€™s just on a flat paved surface
Let alone hilly offroad.

MEMessina72

Base
First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jk Rubicon 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My current rig and daily driver is a 2010 2 door Rubicon with auto tranny, 2.5" lift and 35". Last summer I breezed thru the Rubicon... with a crawl ratio of 45:1. I'm regearing to 4.88 which gives me 55:1.

If the Sasquatch with auto (4.7 first gear) the 3:1 transfer case and 4.7:1 R&P gives a 67:1.... I'm happy.

BigBendCT00MSU05

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Admin Edit:
Let Ford know in this thread that you'd like to Sasquatch Package to be available with the manual transmission! And also sign this petition for it.

I've seen a lot of people post that they wanted a Sasquatch Package vehicle with a manual transmission. However, it appears that it is an automatic only package. I hadn't read this before, so I am just passing it on, equally as disappointed as others.

Capture.PNG
Definitely a disappointment! The best manual shifter in the segment needs to have this package!

DevinBrent

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So, I guess I will put my 2 cents in for anyone that cares (or is monitoring the forum). I have been a Raptor owner since 2014. Love it! Best truck I have ever owned and I have owned many. My wife loves it is just as much, if not more than I do, and that is saying something. Back in the day, there was a Ford employee that monitored the forum full time and if you had an issue with your truck or service, she would make sure you got it fixed, period.

We moved to CO almost 4 years ago and I quickly learned that the trails are not all suitable for such a wide truck. Less than six months after we got here, we bought a JKU Rubicon Hard Rock and started our build. We now have a very capable rig and run most of the trails here that are not rated for "crawlers/buggies" with 40s+.

I have a good friend that had an early Bronco growing up and has been squirreling money away anxiously awaiting the reveal... so I have been watching too. Let me be clear in this: I had no intention of wanting a Bronco. I figured it would fall short of the hype!

My intention was to wait for the Gen 3 Raptor and HOPE that that finally put a V8 back in it. I don't have any issue with small displacement forced induction applications. As a matter of fact, I had a 300ZX TwinTurbo that was putting down 528 RWHP on the race tune. That thing was bulletproof and an absolute BEAST. It was a ten year build/progression to get there, though.

My very short point to this very long winded post, is that I have stayed completely away from the Gen 2 Raptor because of the lack of a V8 option. There is noting wrong with Gen 2 or the 3.5 EcoBoost and I concede that it is an improvement over the Gen 1 in almost every aspect. However, people are just as (or even more) passionate about the lack of offering of a standard transmission in the Bronco as they are a V8 in the Raptor.

There is plenty of time and it ain't rocket science. I hope Ford listens to the masses. Not because they will lose sales, but because it is something that the Bronco community truly wants to see.

v/
Russ

We were working with the manager to finalize the purchase of our 370Z Roadster and he said to my wife "Are you sure you don't want to drive the 7speed, paddle shifter, automatic? It's really nice." She looked at him with a scowl and said "Sports cars don't have automatics!" and she was serious. :)
Sir you have what I would call a keeper in your wife. A true enthusiast
Iā€™m on the fence about keeping my order because of the whole manual thing.
I REALLY wanted a V6 with the manual and Sasquatch package. Iā€™d be all in if I could get that.
Then I placed my order thinking I can live with the 4 cylinder, 7 speed with the Sasquatch and now i find out I canā€™t even get that!
Maybe this just isnā€™t the right truck for me...

lots of other fun cars Iā€™ve been thinking about that are coming out. Iā€™ve wanted an off-road toy for a while. But I could go back to fast toys.
New Mach 1
New STI
New Nissan Z
392 Wrangler
If Ford screws the pooch on this and doesn't at least offer the 7mt with the squatch and v6 I've got my eye on the 392 Wrangler IF it ever sees production.
Sponsored