Sponsored

Screw You finance manager that told my wife that he would sue me for slander if I posted anything negative!

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

They can't get you with slander as long as you stick to the facts. Don't use inflammatory language in your review. Just state the facts or how it made you feel. Don't project things onto them, and you'll avoid any ability for them to claim slander.
They cannot claim slander for written comments, only spoken. He is writing here, not speaking, so its libel and since the dealer doesn't know the difference I doubt their attorney does either.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How many of these threads are you going to create over this subject?
Probably the same amount of threads that tell everyone they have waited long enough and have ordered a Jeep, but to only say they will buy the Bronco when it comes in.

ctandc

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22/23 Bronco, 96 EB Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No offense - but except for 0% or other random manufacturer finances options - outside financing is almost always cheaper. My wife and I already got our preapproval for her '22 Bronco (hopefully to be built in April) at our Credit Union. When the Bronco arrives, I'll do what I did with my '19 Mustang and other vehicles. I'll tell the F&I guy that I already took care of financing, I don't want any add-ons - including warranties, nitrogen in tires, paint protect etc. I want the final number after trade + taxes + TTL.. I look at that sales sheet, and I call the Credit Union and they send the funds to the dealer.

30snack

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We just purchased a Ford ESP 5 years/ 100k mile from Grainger Ford - Zach for $1,030.00.
Unfortunately, Harris Ford tried to screw us as the finance manager deceptively sold us a crappy service contract product from Protective Asset for $3,900.00. Protective Asset reviews are just horrible. I say deceptively because the finance manager kept saying that "Ford will take care of any issues", assuming that if I'm buying a Ford vehicle at Ford Dealer, naturally I would be purchasing a Ford extended warranty. We later found out and canceled the contract. Thank you WA state for having good consumer protection laws for service contracts.
So if you are going to Harris Ford, don't buy any extended service contract. They will probably deceive you.
You should be more mad at yourself that you didn’t use all this time waiting on your Bronco to research and educate yourself before doing paperwork.

Sponsored

lewisbrett

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sas; 2019 Lincoln Navigator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They cannot claim slander for written comments, only spoken. He is writing here, not speaking, so its libel and since the dealer doesn't know the difference I doubt their attorney does either.
If what he says is true it's neither libel or slander.

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't see how the dealership is at fault for something you agreed to. That is why you read the contracts and ask questions. Sounds like you went in unprepared an just signed which then you realized that's not what you wanted after the fact. Can't blame no one but yourself.

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I can't see how the dealership is at fault for something you agreed to. That is why you read the contracts and ask questions. Sounds like you went in unprepared an just signed which then you realized that's not what you wanted after the fact. Can't blame no one but yourself.
Technically true, yet dealerships and salespeople are experts at confusing customers into purchasing unnecessary services. That's why customer protection laws exist, you have negotiations between a customer that will go through the process of purchasing a vehicle, maybe, 10 times in his/her lifetime and a dealership that goes through 10 sales in 4 hours.

There is a clear disparity between knowledge and experience in the transaction.

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Technically true, yet dealerships and salespeople are experts at confusing customers into purchasing unnecessary services. That's why customer protection laws exist, you have negotiations between a customer that will go through the process of purchasing a vehicle, maybe, 10 times in his/her lifetime and a dealership that goes through 10 sales in 4 hours.

There is a clear disparity between knowledge and experience in the transaction.

No is a easy short word to say in those situations.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
No is a easy short word to say on those situations.
He clearly wanted an extended warranty so the short word "No" would not work in this situation...
The dealership coerced him into purchasing a third party extended warranty while implying that he was getting a "Ford" extended warranty contract at 3X the cost.

We all agree that OP should've done his research but it doesn't change the fact that the dealership tried to swindle him.

JDS

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TT Roadster, Reatta convertible.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Cooldude

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
He clearly wanted an extended warranty so the short word "No" would not work in this situation...
The dealership coerced him into purchasing a third party extended warranty while implying that he was getting a "Ford" extended warranty contract at 3X the cost.

We all agree that OP should've done his research but it doesn't change the fact that the dealership tried to swindle him.

Uh, no.

No would of worked just fine, nobody forced him to purchase, the vehicle has a warranty , and he could bought a extended warranty after he left the lot. Nobody coerced him, he agreed of his own free will. It’s called being an adult. All you have got to do is look at who the warranty is from, just like looking at the sales sheet to find out if there is adm. technically they didn’t lie. You know the part where he found out what company was providing the the extended warranty, he could of done that before he signed.

Last edited:

tater_70

Wildtrak
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
64 Fairlane, 1973 Bronco, 75 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You have plenty of time to consider an extended warranty. You have 3 years 36,000 to begin with. I just don't see the necessity to buy one at time of purchase. I have bought extended warranties on my last two vehicles, a Mountaineer and Expedition. I bought them when I had around 20,000 miles on the clock, might have paid a little more but not much compared to buying at time of vehicle purchase. Both times the dealer wanted WAY more than what I purchased down the road. Got both through Anderson & Koch, about same price as Flood's. Didn't need to use either one of them either, peace of mind.

markregel

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pont Vibe
Your Bronco Model
Base
We just purchased a Ford ESP 5 years/ 100k mile from Grainger Ford - Zach for $1,030.00.
Unfortunately, the Ford Dealer tried to screw us as the finance manager deceptively sold us a crappy service contract product from Protective Asset for $3,900.00. Protective Asset reviews are just horrible. I say deceptively because the finance manager kept saying that "Ford will take care of any issues", assuming that if I'm buying a Ford vehicle at Ford Dealer, naturally I would be purchasing a Ford extended warranty. We later found out and canceled the contract. Thank you WA state for having good consumer protection laws for service contracts.
So if you are going to Harris Ford, don't buy any extended service contract. They will probably deceive you.
If the 3rd party service plan allows your vehicle to be repaired at a Ford dealership they didn't deceive you. Most dealerships sell service plans from 3rd parties, no problem here and there is no assumption service plans are from the car manufacture. If they told you it was Ford ESP and it wasn't you have a valid gripe, otherwise you don't. It sounds to me like you read some bad reviews and wanted out., you got out and purchased something else, so what is the problem?
Sponsored