Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly, now I'm wondering if OP got the screen size wrong or was driving an OBX or something hah
I just got the screen size wrong. It was a Big Bend with Sas.

I went back over and looked at it again today after some of this feedback.
Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.
I disagree completely. The seat adjustability range is large enough that the seating position is whatever you want it to be. All you had to do was raise the seat to get the trucky position.

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just got the screen size wrong. It was a Big Bend with Sas.

I went back over and looked at it again today after some of this feedback.
Makes me kinda glad you thought it was a 12 tbh. I have a SAS BB on order and have been wondering about switching to a trim where the 12 is available. But maybe the 8 is enough screen when not directly compared to the 12.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You are absolutely right BUT the bronco is based on the Ranger and not a F150. The F150 is a much bigger and wider vehicle. Buy a Raptor and I guarantee you that it will accommodate your big shoulders.

I just don't understand these comments especially when you are comparing or use to a much bigger vehicle.

I'm disappointed in the comfort overall compared to my F150. It seemed more narrow for my big shoulders...

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm disappointed in the comfort overall compared to my F150. It seemed more narrow for my big shoulders...
Unless You’re in the NFL and forgot to remove your pads, I would suggest removing both doors for shoulder room……or perhaps shoulder reduction surgery.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Overestimating by 4". Classic.

Fubar94

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Escape, 1966 Cobra MkIV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just give the Bronco to your wife, since it sounds like she will better appreciate it. You can have her minivan for the next 18 yrs to THINK about your transgressions.

Sponsored

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Having been to Off Roadeo driving a Badlands Non-Squatch I can tell you the ground clearance is plenty. The seating positions are almost infinite (up/down, back/forth). I'm an inch shorter than you and it was very very roomy. All The cameras are absolutely insane in this thing. If you ever need a better view its a simple tap on the touch screen. I was very concerned with blind spots as i used to drive a FJ, the Bronco had no issues.

The sound system is just okay, but we're not buying this thing for the stereo, that can easily be fixed.

The guy asking about the Trail Sights on the hood, those tell you where the inside sidewall of your tire is tracking on a Badlands (Non Squatch).

This isnt supposed to be a luxury vehicle. I'm happy the designers didnt put a bunch of fake wood or carbon fiber stickers in there. If you want the infotainment system to be like a Sienna then maybe youre buying the wrong rig.
Ford Bronco Seat Position and Visibility Disappointment 1626900763911

biswamberpal

Wildtrak
First Name
Biswamber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.
sound system: sucks
interface on 12" screen: weak (compared to 2021 Sienna)
Driveability: 10/10
Off-road capabilities: N/A

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

The steps were nice. I'll need a slider/step solution.

But here was my big takeaway and I don't know how many people this applies to or that can relate. The driver position and the visibility are kinda gross. It is a lot like a car. It feels a lot more like my mdx than my f250. And maybe that is by design. Maybe that's what the original was like. I don't know/remember.

I know this is a Jeep-killer and maybe this is what it's like in the Jeep. I'm coming from Defenders (not the new monstrosity) and I am used to sitting upright and seeing everything, everywhere. In the bronco, you are somewhat reclined and your legs are out in front of you. Your seated position is low and the windows are short. It doesn't feel like cockpit I'm used to being in when on-trail.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.
I drove wildtrack and badlands with Sas package, in Austin Off-roadeo. There was no instance where felt that ground clearance is a challenge. Off course you can always find a bigger and tougher challenging road conditions where even higher ground clearance is required.
12" screen if you is big enough, clear enough and interface was responsive.
I have not driven a defender, but yes have driven Jeeps, and its front window is similar or bigger than jeep.
When off-roading in Austin, many a times i was looking through 12" screen than the front window, as at that height, from seat, looking at through 12" made things more clear as camera was much closer to the ground.

uniqueusername

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Test drove a Big Bend Sas yesterday at my local dealer. Disappointed for a few reasons.

Some of the stuff has been beat to death, but I'll list anyway, because I noticed.
sound system: sucks
interface on 12" screen: weak (compared to 2021 Sienna)
Driveability: 10/10
Off-road capabilities: N/A

Ground clearance on the sasquatch wasn't enough for me. No tape measure; just looking under the front end. I'll be lifting my non-sas Badlands and 35s on day 1.

The steps were nice. I'll need a slider/step solution.

I didn't get to wheel this thing off-raod (obviously), but that might alleviate a lot of concern. It is funny, my wife is more fired up after driving it and I am way less.

Other notes:
This rig was carbonized gray and that color was blah. -sorry, carbonized gray fans.

This was the 2.7 with 10AT. I'm getting a 2.3 with 7MT so I didn't pay too much attention to the power output. But for the people complaining that this is weak, I didn't find that at all. This had tons of pep. Drops down 3 gears in an instant and accelerates a lot faster than expected. Power seems great.

Doors-off, roof-off open air is the best I have ever seen. My wife loved this thing more than anything I can remember in recent history, and she's not a car nut. She's been driving a minivan for 18 years. But come to think of it, when I met her, she had a wrangler with no doors and a bikini top. -I'm a bad husband.

Maybe a 2.5" lift, tires, roof off and on trail and I'll have a better experience. Right now, I know it's great on the road, but I don't care about that.

Seat too low? Did you ask for a booster seat? Maybe a sippy?

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went for my first drive yesterday, fit great, perfect in fact. I thought visibility was fantastic, are you sure you drove a Bronco?
Very strange…🐴🐴🥌
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.