Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have very nice vinyl in my Chapparal boat. It is still a bit sticky in certain situations and where there are broad expanses of solid vinyl ( rear sun pad and front lounge seats). If Inwas going topless regularly and expected them to regularly get wet and exposed to sun, I would be all in. I don’t like the idea of the interior getting wet and will likely have a bikini top on at a minimum most of the time. Give me cloth for less $. BTW, I have a family member who worked for Ford forever. He loved vinyl, back then, it was their cheapest material and when first introduced, it sold for a premium. If I could experience it first, it might make sense for the dogs, but I can always get covers.
Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sounds like a good move for you.

I'm all for anybody moving away from Badlands. I fear parts shortages this spring for Badlands builds with the MOD top fiasco.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It almost looked, to me, that the MGV had some sort of texture to it. The close up pics I could find didn’t look smooth. Has anyone been able to touch it or see it up close at one of the gatherings?
It's been discussed many times from people that attended one of the events and had the opportunity to see and feel the MGV . Myself included have all stated this is not your marine vinyl from even 10 years ago . I would take it or leather without hesitation . I don't know why people think this is going to be the vinyl of grandmas old 78 pinto ,LOL .

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a 15 Jetta with the dark grey V Tex vinyl and it is super nice. No issues with it getting too hot, no quality issues whatsoever. I’ll bet my next paycheck that the Bronco MGV is much higher quality. Stop worrying about it Is my suggestion.

phnttom

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Audi TTS, '13 Fiat 500 Turbo, '15 VW Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

While I don't know the MGV manufacturer; MOST vinyls are actually breathable. As a commercial interior designer, we specific a lot of vinyl instead of natural leathers due to durability and cost on hospitality projects. in 95% of all specifications, vinyls are more breathable than the real leather.

As such, I suspect the MGV will be more breathable than leather while maintaining it's properties.

Just my 2 cents.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve driven a corvette with black leather seats top off in northern Illinois for 19 summers and I don’t remember the seats being overly hot. I’m sure the black mgv seats will be fine for me.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Being in Georgia, I am nervous. That being said, I’m leaning towards going with MGV and if I don’t like to spending $2k on Katzkin leather that’s exactly the color I want. Still be cheaper than OEM black leather(which I expect will be just as uncomfortable as MGV)

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I live in the most humid state for more then 5months out of the year ... MGV is a no go for the same reasons you stated ...
Went to school in daytona E.R.A.U. boy it gets hot and sticky ! You can park and cruise on the beach there and god help you if you dont have a towel to put on your seat after the sun cooked it. Cloth will be fine if not ill get covers.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've nixed the Black Diamond. I was all for the MGV and washout interior. But with the fact they aren't offering it in any light colors I've decided on a Big Bend. I'll just deal with Husky liners front, back and cargo area and some light color Wet Okole seat covers.

Sponsored

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so it’s clear to everyone. There is a HUGE difference between a dry heat and a Southern heat. Humidity makes all the difference.
I always thought that until I visited St,George Utah in August. Ga heat is miserable with humidity but 106 in ST. George was no fun At all.

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It almost looked, to me, that the MGV had some sort of texture to it. The close up pics I could find didn’t look smooth. Has anyone been able to touch it or see it up close at one of the gatherings?
Yes. There was a post a couple of weeks ago where a member did feel and report on it. Talked about how much he liked the seats. I do not know what thread it was under or a unique one. That post had me very comfortable with MGV.

Blue76

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 1976 Bronco, 2009 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just wondering. How old are most of you guys? I am 57... lived in Georgia my whole life. Only had one vehicle that had anything but vinyl seats and it is my F150 I have now with leather. My 76 Bronco had vinyl and I drove it for 23 years. The only time it sucked was when I ran with the top off but running with no top kind sucks anyway... sun is brutal on your head, thighs and pretty much everything. Black vinyl seats in my bass boat. They get to a temp equal with the surface of the sun. So I toss a towel on them.
I am not worried about the seats in the Bronco. My dog is with me a lot... so he scratches leather terribly with his claws... he gets muddy so clothe would be nasty... I am excited about vinyl.

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've nixed the Black Diamond. I was all for the MGV and washout interior. But with the fact they aren't offering it in any light colors I've decided on a Big Bend. I'll just deal with Husky liners front, back and cargo area and some light color Wet Okole seat covers.
From your earlier thread, you had indicated that you intended to wait. If that puts you in the MY22 camp, then Husky liners or Weathertech will have mats available. For those MY21 buyers, the third party manufacturers won't have availability so in which case the factory floor liners are good.

I've been back and forth on the BB/BD. I just finished my umpteenth B/P comparison and each time there is a $1000 difference for the same options. The only differing features are the MGV and washout interior. On the exterior, the BD gets the steel bumper with upgraded bash plates, but lose the fog lights. For my needs in Florida, the fog lights are much more important/useful. The BB still has bash plates, but apparently are a thinner gauge steel.
Sponsored