RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does it limit space yes, is it super useful yes. Spent two weeks with the top and doors off and it worked perfectly. It also provides a nice finished look.
8813A55B-98AF-4DEC-BBE6-16CABFACD814.jpeg
Would it be possible to flip the sub to the seat side of that molle panel? Is there enough space between seat and panel, particularly when the seat is reclined? (Well, if you can call that extra 1/2" adjustment Ford gives you "reclined.) It would be great if a sub could fit into that space. Maybe if not the Kicker one of the compact Pioneer subs.

A few things bother me about this enclosure:

1. Why does everyone insist on using flat black powder coat for this type of thing? That stuff scratches like crazy. One of the glossier crinkle/veined powder coat finishes would be much more durable.

2. Why in the world do they have the quick-release knob/bolts on the panels you're least likely to remove? The main parts I would be frequently adding/removing are the top and the back panel to put the seats down. They should have welded the nuts on those panels and used quick-release knobs there. I would almost never remove the side panels, yet that's where the knobs are. Not only impractical but also cutting into your cargo space. Poor design here, Tuffy.
I've yet to order one of these, and these weaknesses make me hesitate, but the Diabolical - at over twice the price (!!!) and no molle storage - isn't all that compelling either.
Sponsored

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be possible to flip the sub to the seat side of that molle panel? Is there enough space between seat and panel, particularly when the seat is reclined? (Well, if you can call that extra 1/2" adjustment Ford gives you "reclined.) It would be great if a sub could fit into that space. Maybe if not the Kicker one of the compact Pioneer subs.

A few things bother me about this enclosure:

1. Why does everyone insist on using flat black powder coat for this type of thing? That stuff scratches like crazy. One of the glossier crinkle/veined powder coat finishes would be much more durable.

2. Why in the world do they have the quick-release knob/bolts on the panels you're least likely to remove? The main parts I would be frequently adding/removing are the top and the back panel to put the seats down. They should have welded the nuts on those panels and used quick-release knobs there. I would almost never remove the side panels, yet that's where the knobs are. Not only impractical but also cutting into your cargo space. Poor design here, Tuffy.
I've yet to order one of these, and these weaknesses make me hesitate, but the Diabolical - at over twice the price (!!!) and no molle storage - isn't all that compelling either.
The diabolical has molle panels that you can add to the underside of the ceiling panels. I hear you on the price, but the diabolical is modular and way more user friendly than the ford version.

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The diabolical has molle panels that you can add to the underside of the ceiling panels. I hear you on the price, but the diabolical is modular and way more user friendly than the ford version.
Yes, but now you're nearly triple the price of the Ford (Tuffy) version. Too rich for my blood.

Are there any other competitors out there? Frankly the Ford (Tuffy) version would be great with a little extra work. Weld some nuts to some panels, add some twist knobs to logical locations, re-powder-coat the entire thing in something more durable. I wonder how much a full recoat would cost.

BroncoBurgerWithCheese

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond; Jeep Grand Chero; BMW X5M
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
With the current design, just switching the hardware wouldn't make anything quick release. The time isn't in ratcheting the nuts on, it is in lining up the plates and bolt holes. Even with quick release hardware you wouldn't want to dis- and re- assemble this with any frequency. I do agree that the hand nuts on the side could be made lower profile pretty easily with traditional hardware.

I don't care about the paint, you don't really see it. It is a cargo enclosure, who cares if it gets scratched up? I beat the hell out of the bedliner in my truck, that is what it is there for.

It is pretty secure though and relatively inexpensive after discounts, but it limits the cargo area significantly. If I did not have other full-sized vehicles for hauling things I probably would not like it at certain times.

Bemcnamara

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F56S MINI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I purchased the Ford raised lid and I loved it until I couldn't fit my golf clubs in the back. I will give someone a great deal plus shipping. Possible delivery if you're in the northwest. I may in up with a diabolical at some point.

Sponsored

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i like mine. Ignore the backup shoes and expandable tote.
Ford Bronco Should I get a Ford Cargo Enclosure 84975AAC-2AF5-4F43-AB88-2A8140A848A7

mtheawesomeone

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any experience using this with the factory sub? I am wondering if I am adding a large rattlebox by buying this.
Sponsored