Sponsored

Should sports teams influence color choice?

Two color choices- Badlands with MIC top and optional wheels and MGV interior

• Total voters

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, personally, think people are getting bent way out of proportion to what amounts to less than a few square inches of color. Whether that's the orange of the Badlands or the blues of the other trims it's not a huge deal. If Ford had used red stitching across the board no one would be bitching about it. Why? Because that's been the norm for years and we're conditioned to it being used... It doesn't clash any less with certain colors than the orange and the blues Ford picked. The orange and blues are just different so people lose their minds.

flatlander40

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it.

even if they looked awesome I would never have a burnt orange or a maroon color. I donā€™t even necessarily hate those teams :)

Also, The red kind of turns me off because it reminds me of a jeep color, so I donā€™t want it in a Bronco. I know itā€™s weird

OP
OP
Bronc-Itus

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 F250, ā€˜88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I, personally, think people are getting bent way out of proportion to what amounts to less than a few square inches of color. Whether that's the orange of the Badlands or the blues of the other trims it's not a huge deal. If Ford had used red stitching across the board no one would be bitching about it. Why? Because that's been the norm for years and we're conditioned to it being used... It doesn't clash any less with certain colors than the orange and the blues Ford picked. The orange and blues are just different so people lose their minds.
Iā€™m not a fan or red either.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I love rapid red, but I went to Michigan so I cannot have a scarlet and gray vehicle (especially for paying a paint premium). Probably not a big surprise, but went with antimatter blue.
My son is about to graduate, and just bought a Kona Blue EcoBoost Mustang.

I just ordered a Cyber Orange Badlands (which is close-ish to maize). AMB was the runner up.

Yeah - maize and blue is popular in our house, and Rapid Red is admittedly a nice looking color, but no. And if they drop CO for green of some type, and I get pushed to 2022, I have no idea what I'll do - guess AMB or maybe A51. (Grabber Yellow is too bad Adidas maize ...)

For the OP - that polished up AMB is beautiful, but Florida temps ... think I'd be looking at A51. And Carbonized Gray is a looker too.

Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Never really thought about associating my Bronco color with a sports team. I was on the A51 wagon for a long time. I changed to Cyber Orange (because A51 is so popular and my mom likes CO), not a fan of the Bears being a Vikings fan.

Though I would seriously consider an Antimatter Purple (deep dark purple) if it was available, but not because of the Vikings, I just like dark purple.

TonyWonder

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi all. So over the last few months Iā€™ve been pretty confident my order was finalized. Carbonized grey badlands with MIC top and the optional wheels. MGV interior. The most Color matched bronco available at this point. The front grill and matching top along with the beauty ring plus the paint color seem to be the only build my wife and I could agree on.

She liked Area 51 originally but with the large % of orders being that color kinda makes us think everyone will have it. Plus itā€™s not my favorite with the badlands greys. Her only color demand was simple. NO BLUEšŸ˜³. This is not a surprise to me because the same was stated when picking our house color.

This week something happened...... those events with the antimatter blue 4door started posting pics and boy does that color look good! So much that sheā€™s on board with a switch. To her thatā€™s a ā€œnavyā€ no so much a bluešŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø. Whatever. But now that I have a choice Iā€™m not sure what to do.

My hesitation with switching is a vain one. I live in Florida. And though I have no ties to any college teams I cannot get out of my head Iā€™m considering a blue truck with orange trim. Around here that means one thing..... Gators. šŸ¤¢ I have friends who are die hard gators fans and the thought of them referring to my truck as gators colors just makes me sad. But how do I separate the link to the team when choosing these colors? Should I just stick with the carb grey and be happy? Oh that orange trimšŸ¤¬! I wish all black interior was offered throughout. Iā€™d be antimatter blue all the way.
I hear you! I briefly considered a red bronco, but couldn't handle all the "Roll Tides" that would be thrown my way. Lord help me if I landed on a Rapid Red with a white top...

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Being from Bama... I canā€™t give an unbiased opinion, else youā€™d be waiting for the painted white top šŸ˜‰

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Should sports teams influence color choice? 1617374675594

Paying tribute to sports teams with your car was lame even before they became corrupted cultural institutions. Hard pass.

grewhi

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati MC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It was dumb luck that my soon to be Seattle Kraken is the same color A51. Coincidence or not???

Sponsored

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't see the point in basing big decisions on the uniform colors for a group of people that don't even know you exist. But then, I'm a Packers fan, and their colors look terrible on everything, anyway.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fun fact: Cyber Orange and Antimatter Blue are actually Michigan Maize and Blue (the Nike Version, not the forgettable Adidas, "highlighter yellow" years, but more of more muted "school bus yellow").

I am getting Antimatter Blue and will be putting a big Maize Block M Magnet on the doors.
I think I will get into tailgates for free when people see that awesomeness.

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Of course it matters. I can't even wear certain underwear on game days! AMB looks great at times, but I'm from Columbus Ohio. I had to go with shadow black because race red wasn't available on the base and I'm not a fan of Rabid red.

Sal Gallo

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Growing up, i hated the Washington football team. So now, i really could care less...but i'm still not ordering Rapid Red with roast interior.
Uh - Aren't they still the Redskins? HTTR
Sponsored