Sponsored

Should sports teams influence color choice?

Two color choices- Badlands with MIC top and optional wheels and MGV interior

• Total voters

Bronc-Itus

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 F250, ‘88 4Runner(sold)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all. So over the last few months I’ve been pretty confident my order was finalized. Carbonized grey badlands with MIC top and the optional wheels. MGV interior. The most Color matched bronco available at this point. The front grill and matching top along with the beauty ring plus the paint color seem to be the only build my wife and I could agree on.

She liked Area 51 originally but with the large % of orders being that color kinda makes us think everyone will have it. Plus it’s not my favorite with the badlands greys. Her only color demand was simple. NO BLUE😳. This is not a surprise to me because the same was stated when picking our house color.

This week something happened...... those events with the antimatter blue 4door started posting pics and boy does that color look good! So much that she’s on board with a switch. To her that’s a “navy” no so much a blue🤷🏻‍♂️. Whatever. But now that I have a choice I’m not sure what to do.

My hesitation with switching is a vain one. I live in Florida. And though I have no ties to any college teams I cannot get out of my head I’m considering a blue truck with orange trim. Around here that means one thing..... Gators. 🤢 I have friends who are die hard gators fans and the thought of them referring to my truck as gators colors just makes me sad. But how do I separate the link to the team when choosing these colors? Should I just stick with the carb grey and be happy? Oh that orange trim🤬! I wish all black interior was offered throughout. I’d be antimatter blue all the way.
Sponsored

Last edited:

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who cares? Seriously, this is a thing?

I've literally never even considered local sports teams when pick out car or get dressed in the morning or really anytime I'm not going to a sporting event.

Get what you like. You're spending way too much money on something to give a shit what your friends think of a local sports teams colors.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Growing up, i hated the Washington football team. So now, i really could care less...but i'm still not ordering Rapid Red with roast interior.

Sponsored

MikeOU

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 4Runner TRD PRO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing good comes in orange. Burnt orange, the brightest orange, Tennessee orange, you get the picture.

MISSJD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Cabrio
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nothing good comes in orange. Burnt orange, the brightest orange, Tennessee orange, you get the picture.
This is the only reason I keep trying to convince myself I can handle the Badlands....Go Vols! 🤷‍♀️

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could see avoiding velocity blue with orange stitching, but don't see anything UF about Antimatter.

I had originally ordered carbonized but thought it looked too grey with the fenders, grill, and top all in that shade.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to defer to my good friend @MadMan4BamaNATL :p
Ha Ha! :LOL: Love it Dirty Bronco

I’m a Bammer for life, but I still didn’t go with Rapid Red which is just another way of saying Crimson.

Area 51 for me, but I don’t think the Gators (haven’t beaten us since 2008) own the color blue.

I think of Auburn (aubarn, or aubbie) when I think of blue and orange (gotta love our little sister cow college to the South).

So if you want that Antimatter blue, which is lovely, I think you should do it.

I’m gonna Roll Damn Tide! In whatever color you give me.

Giving some serious thought to that 4WP stripe in white down the side along with my white top when I pick one up. Retro cool. :cool:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

NotApplicable

First Edition