Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Obviously everyone knows that the Bronco audio system(non B&O) sounds horrible, right? Well, that was my same experience until last night. I decided to go on a drive and ran out of range with my favorite radio station so I finally used the Sirius XM subscription after three weeks of ownership of my Bronco and WOW! I couldn't believe how good the audio system sounds all of a sudden! I'm talking 1000% better than over the air radio. I know satellite radio is a much cleaner signal but I wasn't expecting that kind of sound difference. I was seriously thinking of an audio component upgrade until now. Rap, rock, R&B, alternative, etc. it all sounds really good now. I'm actually happy with the sound and no money spent, that's a good thing!
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh you will be spending money if you want to keep SXM turned on.

In theory you can get even better audio via USB to your phone. Bluetooth would be similar to SXM - maybe slightly worse, but debatable if it would be noticable.

OP
OP
Keith J.

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Oh you will be spending money if you want to keep SXM turned on.

In theory you can get even better audio via USB to your phone. Bluetooth would be similar to SXM - maybe slightly worse, but debatable if it would be noticable.
I hear ya, depending on subscription prices, I may just skip it. We'll see what happens.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you call up before it auto renews you can usually get a deal. But let it auto renew and itā€™s like a second mortgage.

I had it for several years, but mostly listened to talk radio, and it was so full of advertisements I couldnā€™t rationalize paying to listen to mostly ads. I subscribed to Spotify instead and have been happy since.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sirius XM has shit audio quality.

The app is close to Spotify quality ~300kps

I use Deezer. It is lossless CD quality. Really great app interface too.

OP
OP
Keith J.

Keith J.

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sirius XM has shit audio quality.

The app is close to Spotify quality ~300kps

I use Deezer. It is lossless CD quality. Really great app interface too.
I may have to try that, thanks!

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had hoped XM would be a nice option while out of cell range but quickly found that it loses signal in the middle of flat deserts somehow. Not sure how satellite fails like that after decades of operation but I have no use otherwise.

Mojave Norte

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hear ya, depending on subscription prices, I may just skip it. We'll see what happens.
We pay $4.99 / month + tax , 2-years now
At renewal time just tell em you'll pay $4.99, or you'll cancel it. They'll renew it

There are NO commercials on any Sirius XM music channel we've listened. NO commercials ever. And signal is solid. All the way cross-country and back. We love it

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Huh lmao? I think XM radio sounds like crap. It's an improvement over FM/AM but not by much. Just use your phone and whatever streaming app you want.

Either way the Bronco's sound system is completely trash. I hate it and I'm gonna have to upgrade it soon.

Last edited:

Bronco luv

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Obviously everyone knows that the Bronco audio system(non B&O) sounds horrible, right? Well, that was my same experience until last night. I decided to go on a drive and ran out of range with my favorite radio station so I finally used the Sirius XM subscription after three weeks of ownership of my Bronco and WOW! I couldn't believe how good the audio system sounds all of a sudden! I'm talking 1000% better than over the air radio. I know satellite radio is a much cleaner signal but I wasn't expecting that kind of sound difference. I was seriously thinking of an audio component upgrade until now. Rap, rock, R&B, alternative, etc. it all sounds really good now. I'm actually happy with the sound and no money spent, that's a good thing!
I agree!!!!!!!

Dlrsavannah

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
XM's audio isn't great. I'll use Amazon music at times and it sounds much better.
Sponsored