First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I rescaled it using the rim on the rear axle and now I think my eyes are starting to play tricks on me. The tire in the front seems to be bigger than the one in the back. Could just be the angle but they have different dimensions.

Anyways.. after re-calibrating to the back rim I found the following.

Overall length: 161 inches
Wheelbase: 110 inches
Tire Size on Front: 32 inches roughly
Tire Size on Back: 29 Inches roughly

:crazy:
IIRC one of the pictures has the tire size and it is a 285/70r17 which is the exact same tire as a Wrangler Rubicon. 33” diameter.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

that is not an F-150 wheel. that is a ranger wheel, different bolt pattern. The stock tire on it is a 30" (stock Ranger XLT rim)
F-150 wheel

s-l300.jpg

Ranger Wheel

9.jpg

Very similar to one another-same size rim to boot (17 inches)-need to know how big the actual tire is.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, just don't deal with idiots on the internet that obviously can't deduce that I was speaking about the upper range of the size when it came to the 4 door model. I don't think anyone is expecting it to be that long with a 2 door product. sigh.
You specifically stated "2/4-door". There is absolutely zero "deduction" required.

I questioned it, and rather kindly, I think. You could have said, "oops, haha, that was a mistake", but instead you showed your colors. And did it again in this response.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I would bet that the "4 door" mule is right at a 112" wheel base. You can correct image distortion with two objects that you know are the same size (the wheels would be good to use for this). There is no way the 4 door Bronco will be less than 170" overall length.

I would expect the new 2 door to be shorter in overall length than both the full size Bronco and the new "baby Bronco," and the 4 door to be longer than both.
The reports I've seen say the 2 door will have shorter wheelbase, but not to the extremes the Wrangler goes to-so expect less then 112, but more then 100 inches.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The reports I've seen say the 2 door will have shorter wheelbase, but not to the extremes the Wrangler goes to-so expect less then 112, but more then 100 inches.
Can you reference these reports, or are they internal FoMoCo data?

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Can you reference these reports, or are they internal FoMoCo data?
So where are you getting your information? Maybe you'd like to share?

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So where are you getting your information? Maybe you'd like to share?
I haven't posted anything that asserts the Bronco has any specific measurements. You did.

I'm only trying to assess what is fact and what is speculation. That you take it as a personal affront is unfortunate.

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a lot of bad information being posted.

The dimensions on the "4 door" Frankenranger are way off. The Ranger mules are on 285/70R17 BFGoodrich A/T KO2s which are nominally 32.7" tall. 17" wheels do not have a 17" diameter wheel lip. The wheel lip diameter should be more like 18", but someone could go measure a 17" wheel to get a better idea since the wheel lip diameter should be close to identical between all wheels of a given diameter.

I would bet that the "4 door" mule is right at a 112" wheel base. You can correct image distortion with two objects that you know are the same size (the wheels would be good to use for this). There is no way the 4 door Bronco will be less than 170" overall length.

I would expect the new 2 door to be shorter in overall length than both the full size Bronco and the new "baby Bronco," and the 4 door to be longer than both.[/QU
I predicated everything by saying “take this with a grain of salt”. All I did was provide dimensions based on a calibration of the rim size. If I need to adjust it slightly I will at work. But like I said, all the thrown on body parts makes it an unknown. If you have the capabilities of realigning and accounting for the slight angle in the photo then be my guest. I unfortunately do not.

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
F-150 wheel

s-l300.jpg

Ranger Wheel

9.jpg

Very similar to one another-same size rim to boot (17 inches)-need to know how big the actual tire is.
So... you’re confirming the FrankenBronco is wearing Ranger wheels, not F-150 wheels like you said a few posts ago?

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So... you’re confirming the FrankenBronco is wearing Ranger wheels, not F-150 wheels like you said a few posts ago?
Oh yeah I made a mistake, are you the fucking internet police here?

Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Getting this back on topic:

Here is the possibility of the Baby Bronco/Bronco Maverick being built in Hermosillo:

I talked to our Ford Zone Manager earlier today and as of now the last wholesale allocation meetings for the 2020MY Fusion will be in March 2020 with production to balance out in June or July. The timing of the 2020 Fusion balance out will be adjusted as necessary to allow enough time to retool the plant for the Bronco Sport production.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You make enough mistakes, one would think you could gracefully handle righteous criticism by now. That's okay, you'll get more practice here.
So fucking what..the rims are 17 inches and they look very similar to one another.

Status
Not open for further replies.