• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 4runner- 33s, Dirtking UCA&LCAs, 6112s, etc
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That stupid TFL video always bugged me. Don't even think they knew how to work it. I do think they changed the 4x4 system but my 2011 and 2016 work great. They have like 10" of articulation that most don't even know. The control trac system locking the axles together works great. Way, way underrated. Do a little more digging. Honestly, you could buy an older one, put the ICON stage 2 on it with 33s or even 35s and haul 8 just about anywhere. It'll get ya there!
its still inherently limited and i dont think its underrated at all. they knew what they were doing in the TFL video too.
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep believing that. It keeps the price down for the rest of us!

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
its still inherently limited and i dont think its underrated at all. they knew what they were doing in the TFL video too.
A couple notes after watching the TFL video:

1. Andre doesn't know how to drive off road. He takes terrible lines and uses way too much skinny pedal.
2. He had it in 2nd gear low. Should have been in 1st for that last obstacle.
3. Those tires suck for actual off road use. An aggressive AT or MT would have made big differences.
4. 4 wheel independent suspension really hampers rock crawling performance. You can get away with IFS front and a rear locked solid axle, but both front and rear independent is not ideal off road. That's a major downside to the vehicle.
5. TFL is understandably limited when reviewing vehicles they don't own. Giving it one try at an obstacle doesn't really show much, but I get that he was worried of damaging a loaner.

PAULWESTSKI

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 F350 PSD, 05 Excursion PSD, VW-TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get an Excursion and build it to your needs. I think we had 8 or nine passengers for this ride.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got reservation for a 4-door BL. I also have a family of 5, and a dog. When we head out to the wilderness, room is tight in the Runner. Load that thing up with gear and the critter and soon enough, we are over flowing and taking the wife's Subaru Ascent as well. Keep in mind the other four members of my family are females. That might help explain my situation.

Ideally I'd buy the Bronco and it fits my family, my dog and a few days worth of gear for heading into the back country. I don't think that is feasible, or realistic from everything I'm seeing with the Bronco. Interior cargo dimensions appear to be smaller than my 4Runner's, so I'd be taking a step backwards in that regard.

"What about buying a roof rack?" you might ask. Well I was planning on putting a RTT on my next vehicle, so there won't be room for gear and a RTT. Not sure I want to load and unload a RTT each time I want to use the roof rack for hauling gear either. Buy a trailer? Possibly an option, but that 3500lbs tow capacity is a joke, and I don't know I want two trailers - one for my Yamaha Grizzly 700 and a camping trailer/gear hauler? The Bronco can't tow a big enough toy hauler/camper.

So what do you all think?

1. Ditch the reservation and wait for the new Raptor or all new 2022 Tundra?
2. Buy the Bronco and learn new methods to control my inevitable rage when I can't fit all my crap in it for a weekend in the woods?
3. Buy a Ranger and hate myself every time I look in the mirror?
4. Sell all my belongings and live like a Sasquatch alone in the forest?
Ha! We have two daughters & a dog so I hear ya. Our current plan is to keep our current Tacoma. We Will need a third car soon enough so the Bronco will be my weekend wheeler & daily and the Kids can “use” my Tacoma. Then we can roll both rigs for family camping trips and I can teach my girls to drive.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha! We have two daughters & a dog so I hear ya. Our current plan is to keep our current Tacoma. We Will need a third car soon enough so the Bronco will be my weekend wheeler & daily and the Kids can “use” my Tacoma. Then we can roll both rigs for family camping trips and I can teach my girls to drive.
My girls (twins) are still 4 years from driving so I don’t want to sit on owning a 4Runner and Bronco in hopes of someday giving them the Runner. If they turned next year, that would be a good solution as they would love to be the second vehicle in our camping caravan for trips.
Go Jeep and Grand Wagoneer! Its got a hemi.

Dave
The Wagoneer is going to be like $100k and it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My girls (twins) are still 4 years from driving so I don’t want to sit on owning a 4Runner and Bronco in hopes of someday giving them the Runner. If they turned next year, that would be a good solution as they would love to be the second vehicle in our camping caravan for trips.

The Wagoneer is going to be like $100k and it looks like it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.
If I was going to spend that type of money I would go all out on a F250/350 Overland Expedition vehicle. IMHO the Wagoneer out-priced itself by $30-$40K. Just saying

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was going to spend that type of money I would go all out on a F250/350 Overland Expedition vehicle. IMHO the Wagoneer out-priced itself by $30-$40K. Just saying
I agree 100%. They are aiming to compete with Lincoln and Cadillac and not much else. Feels like Jeep was very narrow minded when they built the Wagoneer for that tiny demographic. I’m sure it will be luxurious beyond belief, have good Hemi power, and be the most capable 7/8 seater on the market. But it is definitely not for me. If I had 100k to burn on a rig, I’d still be looking at the same trucks I am now, but I’d be able to deck them out for serious overland adventure.

On another note, the Taxa Tiger Moth and Taxa Wooly Bear have me extremely interested in going the trailer route.
Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? DAD40680-2C14-4908-B1C8-C12B5DE5A405

Ford Bronco 4-Door Too Small? 883ECDBA-751E-47D0-BE76-BDCC56372D3E

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I agree 100%. They are aiming to compete with Lincoln and Cadillac and not much else. Feels like Jeep was very narrow minded when they built the Wagoneer for that tiny demographic. I’m sure it will be luxurious beyond belief, have good Hemi power, and be the most capable 7/8 seater on the market. But it is definitely not for me. If I had 100k to burn on a rig, I’d still be looking at the same trucks I am now, but I’d be able to deck them out for serious overland adventure.

On another note, the Taxa Tiger Moth and Taxa Wooly Bear have me extremely interested in going the trailer route.

I am with you on the Bronco purchase even if I had more mula to throw at a vehicle I would still be getting the Bronco. You can get the Bronco and this trailer for a tiny fraction less than the $100K the Wagoneer will cost and actually be able to take it into the woods.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am with you on the Bronco purchase even if I had more mula to throw at a vehicle I would still be getting the Bronco. You can get the Bronco and this trailer for a tiny fraction less than the $100K the Wagoneer will cost and actually be able to take it into the woods.
Exactly. And that would be a loaded Bronco and a loaded Taxa trailer.

Dave2002ti

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you sure you can tow it safely with Bronco's incredibly high towing specs?

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
surely you gest. He is going to tow something within spec.

OP
OP
Clark

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Both those trailers are under the max tow specs for the Bronco. One is WAY under, the other is like 500-1000lbs under.
Actually, both the BS and the Bronco are small SUVs and deserve their compact ratings.
Sponsored