First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone else find the small gas tank on the 2 door annoying? For those of you that take it on trips you have to gas it up so often, do you take extra gas cans? This is my main annoying thing about the Bronco for me.

I take my Bronco to work once in a while and I have a 70 mile round trip commute. Every other day I have to gas up as it's down to around 1/2 tank. I usually gas up at 1/2 tank in all of my vehicles as I keep them in storage when they are not being driven. (I don't drive the Bronco a lot as my work commuter mainly due to this and the MPG). It just a habit maybe from hurricanes down here and I don't ever want to be left scrambling for gas last minute. Anyway, I find I am gassing the Bronco up pretty much every other day. I had a 2019 Silverado LD before the Bronco and I could go 4 days. Better MPG and much bigger tank. And my daily driver 2019 VW Jetta I can easily go over a week. I have a whopping 700+ mile range when I fill it up.

Next summer we are going to take the Bronco in the Georgia and Tennessee mountains for a couple of weeks. It's going to be a lot of stops for gas but doable I suppose.
Sponsored

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will let ya know once my Bronco shows. šŸ˜‰

My Bronco will be primarily for going to the mountains for trail riding, skiing, and camping. I donā€™t plan on using it as a daily driver or short trips around town. Iā€™ve got 3 national forests to chose from in my area, so plenty to explore!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The tank is small and seems inconvenient to fill up frequently. If you crawl under, you will note a large void under the driver's rear passenger seat. I believe a reserve tank could fit there if the aftermarket wanted to address the need.

With inconvenience aside, I still wouldn't drive a moar door.

illverado

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
700whp stick shift 2000 silverado 2011 caprice ppv
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No? I drive 55 miles a day and I feel relief when I finally get to stop at a gas station to throw away trash and clean the windshield after a whole 4 day work week and a halfšŸ˜† 320+ mile range and zero miles left means youā€™re good til the next station
If youā€™re scared keep some gas at home!
Or try 91-93 octane and enjoy that extra 10% more power and another .5-1 mpg or so
-I was driving my drag truck that gets 10.5 mpg on e85 so I had to plan at least 60 miles ahead since itā€™s right by my house, and filling 2.5 gal methanol tank every month for 8 months

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No.

I have no issues with long trips and the smallish tank. PA to New Hampshire for the off roadeo averaged 21 mpg. Thatā€™s one stop each way. By then I have to use the restroom, eat, stretch etc.

Even towing from PA to South Carolina I got 14 mpg and fueled up every 180 miles, using about 3/4 tank. I did carry a gas can on this trip because I had no idea what mpg I would get, but I never used it.

My mustang on e85 only gets 11 mpg with the same tank size, so I guess Iā€™m used to shorter range.

Sponsored

SeaVee

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 2500 Suburban, 77 Bronco, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yes- used to a 36 gallon tank in my Suburban

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Short commutes, but filling up a full tank every 200 miles usually. my MPG avg says 15 lately since switching to 35's but that not taking into account the increased diameter.

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn't really bother me all that much, 20 gallons would have been better but oh well.

Sponsored

RedDawg

Big Bend
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Nope, I get over 320 miles per tank.
My dash says Iā€™m getting 24.1 mpg, but it lies. Using my 4th grade math skills, more like 22.5 mpg for a 2.3 auto stock Big Bend.

OP
OP

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
No? I drive 55 miles a day and I feel relief when I finally get to stop at a gas station to throw away trash and clean the windshield after a whole 4 day work week and a halfšŸ˜† 320+ mile range and zero miles left means youā€™re good til the next station
If youā€™re scared keep some gas at home!
Or try 91-93 octane and enjoy that extra 10% more power and another .5-1 mpg or so
-I was driving my drag truck that gets 10.5 mpg on e85 so I had to plan at least 60 miles ahead since itā€™s right by my house, and filling 2.5 gal methanol tank every month for 8 months
I guess I am just used to bigger gas thanks and or much better gas mileage. I use 89 octane and according to the fuel MPG monitor I am averaging 22.2- which is pretty good for a 2.7 Sas. It's just after every commute to and from work it burns 1/4 tank, which seems like so much.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It would have been annoying when I was younger and could stand to drive 6 hours at a time without stopping. Older now, and don't mind stopping every 3-4 hours, or sooner. You do have to pay attention out West where gas stations are farther apart and headwinds/crosswinds can really decrease the mpgs.
Sponsored