Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...or the shadow could just represent "heritage" and the orange one is the real Bronco, I know, sad thought.
NO. I don't mean to be a Nickp here but no.

There are some outlets that continually refer to the small utility as a "Renegade fighter" even though it is sure to be nearly a foot longer etc. and better compared to a Cherokee two models larger.

TFL has also repeatedly used the image of the baby in articles about the Bronco, as if they can't tell them apart. If the 'experts' on automotive news can't keep this stuff straight, it's no surprise some of the general public is confused.
I feel people got that idea (including myself) that the Baby Bronco would be competing with the Renegade because of the first teased picture and language of the rumored vehicle. It is now much more apparent that it will be more matched up with the Cherokee.

It's very strange and frankly ignorant to me that people would mix up the two. TFL definitely makes their mistakes but are a credible auto news outlet so I can see some people getting confused that are not up to speed. It's news outlets like that that need to stay on the ball and not mislead people.
Sponsored

Bronco II

Black Diamond
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost50 Year Appearance Package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I really don't think these are the same car the top one is the baby Bronco and Frankenranger is a drivetrain mule for the Wrangler fighter Bronco.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I really don't think these are the same car the top one is the baby Bronco and Frankenranger is a drivetrain mule for the Wrangler fighter Bronco.
this would be correct from my observations, between tire size (that top one can't fit those tires), and the amount of bolts on the wheel, they have different drivetrain components.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with that. I haven’t seen a direct side view of the short wheelbase ‘2 door’ mule but I think this is a fair guess from what’s out there.

16584908-27CA-4C0D-8388-1D0C5863243F.jpeg
If you're responding to the images from Idahorocks then yes, they're two separate models, built entirely differently.

The idea was a comparison of size to illustrate that the "baby Bronco" is not substantialy smaller, and the "baby" appellation is a misnomer that is going to confuse people when that unibody crossover vehicle is in fact larger than the 2-door Bronco.

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm thrown off by the lack of rear side window. Am i missing something?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thrown off by the lack of rear side window. Am i missing something?
Like most of the vehicle it is covered in a vinyl wrap, just as the rear window is.

I think it's a bit more visually restrictive than it should be, but if we're going to make some compromises in order to meet rollover standards, I'd rather see it happen back at the C-D pillar than up front.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perhaps just a trim difference, but the outside diameter seems significantly greater.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some details on the sibling to the small rugged utility, the 'Courier' (P758), and perhaps what some are confusing as a Gladiator fighter because its a "Bronco pickup" ...

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/ford-focus-ute

The C2 platform is what the new Escape and babyB are also being built on.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Motor1 reports a new sighting, but the wheels are different in each photo and the film wraps don't match, so these are two separate vehicles most likely ... Clearly showing a 5-lug pattern. I suspect this is about as much sidewall as you'll see on this car.

https://www.motor1.com/news/372952/ford-baby-bronco-spy-shots/amp/
2019-SEP-25 ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo.jpg

2019-SEP-25 ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo2.jpg

eta: Definitely giving the photographer some credit on this one, they got up close and personal ...

2019-SEP-25 ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo3.jpg

2019-SEP-25 ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo4.jpg

Last edited:

nameuser

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Halfcab
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
2019-sep-25-ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo4-jpg.jpg

2019-sep-25-ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo3-jpg.jpg

Note to self....
Seems to be overheating...........Needs a bigger radiator or maybe another slit cut in the wrap...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.