First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s convenient. They both have the same stickers in the driver’s side window. Assuming the stickers are the same size and scaling the images I get this very unscientific comparison:

393D2DC0-87F7-4C30-879A-2F13F499F664.jpeg

703C9167-B47F-4CAC-8B3D-D0DF6B8EBEA4.jpeg
Awesome. So they really are going to be not that different in size, it’s more so going to be Cheap Bronco vs expensive bronco instead of “baby” lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome. So they really are going to be not that different in size, it’s more so going to be Cheap Bronco vs expensive bronco instead of “baby” lol.
Just like the numbers I posted earlier would suggest. Lop another 16-18" off for the 2-door Bronco version, and that 'baby' is now larger in some dimensions.

I would expect their relationship to be more of a question of soft vs hard. The small utility will have a far more car-like ride quality and driver experience, while the Bronco with its BOF construction can be far more truck like and objectively rugged.

Some of the most common complaints about the Wrangler come from people who presumably have little experience with trucks, especially ones with solid axles -- even under perfectly normal operation they will not handle as smoothly or easily as a typical passenger car. Some buyers simply won't be satisfied/comfortable with that, and like Jeep, the soft-roader models such as Cherokee and GC, and perhaps the 'baby', will sell just as well if not better than the brand icon model.

BroncoRevital

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not sure why anyone is surprised. This is exactly what they teased us with.

ford-bronco-and-baby-bronco-1000x325-2x-jpg.jpg

8a79ccfb-ford-baby-bronco-e1532476182721.jpg

ttps%3A%2F%2Fs.aolcdn.com%2Fos%2Fab%2F_cms%2F2019%2F08%2F19144755%2Fford-baby-bronco-spy-shot-09.jpg

It gives me hope that the T6 (Ranger) Bronco will indeed be what’s under the tarp (on the left).

I think the final product of the street friendly Baby Bronco will actually look like the orange leaked image. The test mule is making it look very tame but we shouldn’t be surprised it’s not that rugged and that’s ok. It will look better then the test mule of course. Though again, this test mule is definitely what the tarp teaser is (on the right) but I’m sure this is how it will look when it hits the show rooms and that’s just fine by me.

ford-bronco-2020-5.jpg

Just gives the real Bronco room to flex and be a real off-roader. This baby Bronco is still interesting to dissect though.

Last edited:

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Looks to me that the Orange version body is VERY similar to the camo version. Only big difference that I'm noticing is the height of the vehicle. The Orange version looks lifted compared to the camo. Just look at the center of the wheels on both compared to the bottom of the wheel wells. Also, the wheel wells in camo version are more rounded and symmetrical than the orange.

I actually like the looks of the orange version, gives me hope for the real Bronco.

Last edited:

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good point on the trim, I didn't take that into account.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure why anyone is surprised. This is exactly what they teased us with.

ford-bronco-and-baby-bronco-1000x325-2x-jpg.jpg

There are some outlets that continually refer to the small utility as a "Renegade fighter" even though it is sure to be nearly a foot longer etc. and better compared to a Cherokee two models larger.

TFL has also repeatedly used the image of the baby in articles about the Bronco, as if they can't tell them apart. If the 'experts' on automotive news can't keep this stuff straight, it's no surprise some of the general public is confused.

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just like the numbers I posted earlier would suggest. Lop another 16-18" off for the 2-door Bronco version, and that 'baby' is now larger in some dimensions.

I would expect their relationship to be more of a question of soft vs hard. The small utility will have a far more car-like ride quality and driver experience, while the Bronco with its BOF construction can be far more truck like and objectively rugged.

Some of the most common complaints about the Wrangler come from people who presumably have little experience with trucks, especially ones with solid axles -- even under perfectly normal operation they will not handle as smoothly or easily as a typical passenger car. Some buyers simply won't be satisfied/comfortable with that, and like Jeep, the soft-roader models such as Cherokee and GC, and perhaps the 'baby', will sell just as well if not better than the brand icon model.
The “baby bronco” will hands down sell more than the regular bronco. The “baby bronco” is going to be at every rental car counter across the country and I won’t be surprised if it’s in corporate fleet programs now that ford is abandoning sedans both leading to poor resale values.
Fingers are crossed Ford doesn’t mess up the Bronco and “recreate” the wheel with something like the FJ. It’s not just off-road capability that sells the wrangler, it’s selling a lifestyle and image (like Harley Davidson). Jeep owns the market; better handling, faster, more reliable, more comfortable are all wonderful marketing terms and what the public will say they want but people buying Wranglers don’t care about that. Just like Harley owners.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The body of the Wrangler cabin is 60". The outside surface of the wheels is 74".

The EB's were 68" IIRC

Even compact cars usually have a cabin body width greater than the Wrangler.
Yes, and this is where Ford can beat up the Wrangler. The Wrangler has limited interior space due to the extended fenders required to maintain it's heritage appeal. The Bronco will have no such restraints, lending to more interior room without a huge exterior footprint.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Exactly!
The orange concept could be the ranger bronco, the shadow is the raptor based FSB!
...or the shadow could just represent "heritage" and the orange one is the real Bronco, I know, sad thought.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A reply to no one in particular: The orange concept/sneak peek is the same vehicle as the camo we saw just recently. It is the "small rugged utility" sharing an architecture with the all new escape. The midsize all new Ranger based Bronco is represented by the shadow, this too is concept art just representing the vision. At the time this picture was taken the body panels were not even close to being finalized. The only thing the public has seen of the Ranger Bronco is the ugly pieced together mule from earlier this year. None of those concept/sneak peek pictures represent the Ranger base Bronco.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Skifryan

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chrysler 300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think some of the boomers on this forum have poor eyesight if they think the orange concept looks anything like what was under the tarp. They literally released images of both the real Bronco and the baby under tarps. Now match up which one is shaped exactly like the recent camo mule. That is your answer.

Idahorocks

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Lop another 16-18" off for the 2-door Bronco version, and that 'baby' is now larger in some dimensions.
I would agree with that. I haven’t seen a direct side view of the short wheelbase ‘2 door’ mule but I think this is a fair guess from what’s out there.

16584908-27CA-4C0D-8388-1D0C5863243F.jpeg

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would agree with that. I haven’t seen a direct side view of the short wheelbase ‘2 door’ mule but I think this is a fair guess from what’s out there.

16584908-27CA-4C0D-8388-1D0C5863243F.jpeg
I didn't think it could look worse ... I was wrong. That 2-door is definitely fuglier.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.