Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think we are overreacting a bit to these spy photos. I'm no insider but Id bet all my money that the orange leaked "Bronco" is indeed the Baby/Scout/Maverick/Adventurer small Bronco and not the Ranger based.

These spy photos show it heavily camoufladged. I'm not putting a lot of weight into these photos. They are still interesting to look at though. Just like the Frankenstein Bronco it's nothing to make a real conclusion on.
I sure hope it gets a little bit bigger tires then that and has more clearance but I'm confident it will. It's hard to tell from the leaked photos (orange Bronco) just how much clearance and tire size it has but I'm sure Ford is hiding and or keeping that from us. These spy photos are indeed the small Bronco but I'm sure is not a real indication how it will actually look in production.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised or disappointed in the Bronco slotting in a size that's smaller then the Explorer or the Edge. I'm confident that the four door Bronco will be longer then an Edge but this is exactly where the Bronco should be as a midsize.

This "smaller" but more accurately described - urban friendly Bronco, I hope competes well with a Cherokee. It looks like that's what it will be competing against. What I am scared of is Ford just slapping on some different fenders and body on an Escape. I don't think that's the case though and wont make any real conclusions from these spy shots yet.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
By your definition of a "real Bronco" being full-sized, that's a path to certain disappointment for you.

I think we are overreacting a bit to these spy photos. I'm no insider but Id bet all my money that the orange leaked "Bronco" is indeed the Baby/Scout/Maverick/Adventurer small Bronco and not the Ranger based.

These spy photos show it heavily camoufladged. I'm not putting a lot of weight into these photos. They are still interesting to look at though. Just like the Frankenstein Bronco it's nothing to make a real conclusion on.
I sure hope it gets a little bit bigger tires then that and has more clearance but I'm confident it will. It's hard to tell from the leaked photos (orange Bronco) just how much clearance and tire size it has but I'm sure Ford is hiding and or keeping that from us. These spy photos are indeed the small Bronco but I'm sure is not a real indication how it will actually look in production.

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised or disappointed in the Bronco slotting in a size that's smaller then the Explorer or the Edge. I'm confident that the four door Bronco will be longer then an Edge but this is exactly where the Bronco should be as a midsize.

This "smaller" but more accurately described - urban friendly Bronco, I hope competes well with a Cherokee. It looks like that's what it will be competing against. What I am scared of is Ford just slapping on some different fenders and body on an Escape. I don't think that's the case though and wont make any real conclusions from these spy shots yet.
I have zero doubt that the small orange SUV and the small SUV seen testing recently is in fact exactly that - a small SUV. Call it X4, or anything random... we have no information on what it will be called other than some names that were copywrighted, and which may or may not be associated with the small SUV.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have zero doubt that the small orange SUV and the small SUV seen testing recently is in fact exactly that - a small SUV. Call it X4, or anything random... we have no information on what it will be called other than some names that were copywrighted, and which may or may not be associated with the small SUV.
I have a LOT of trouble understanding how ANYBODY could have doubt at this point? Literally look at the leaked picture of the baby bronco, and look at this camo’d prototype. It’s pretty damn obvious they’re the same vehicle. The only way you could possibly think that the leaked vehicle/prototype is the actual Bronco is if the silhouette image behind the orange vehicle in the leaked image it is a shadow of a first gen. Which it’s fairly obvious that it’s not, and multiple sources have confirmed that is the final design silhouette of the actual Bronco.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a LOT of trouble understanding how ANYBODY could have doubt at this point? Literally look at the leaked picture of the baby bronco, and look at this camo’d prototype. It’s pretty damn obvious they’re the same vehicle. The only way you could possibly think that the leaked vehicle/prototype is the actual Bronco is if the silhouette image behind the orange vehicle in the leaked image it is a shadow of a first gen. Which it’s fairly obvious that it’s not, and multiple sources have confirmed that is the final design silhouette of the actual Bronco.
The body lines and shapes have a high level of identity, despite some camouflage and cladding efforts. This small utility is very clearly the baby-with-50-names. Like most cars it sits low to the ground, relatively speaking, and the independent suspension parts are tucked up into the unibody so we can't really see much without having the photographer get run over by it. :idea:

We have never seen the 6G Bronco body. Only a computer generated shadow and a pre-prototype model under a tarp. We have seen some of its BOF chassis and/or suspension on mules, but the odds are high that significant portions of that was cobbled together parts bin material for convenience and expediency, so we don't really know which parts belonged to the Bronco. :headbang:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:giggle:Which one is it?
Honestly, even if several Ford execs stood on stage in front of multiple cameras next to the mule/prototype itself and said this one is ABC and that one is XYZ we'd still get people rolling on the floor pounding their fists saying otherwise.

Still, I wish they would try, and tell us something new while they're at it ...

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone caught it on the road. I don't remember the other ones having dual exhaust, and they certainly put some different wheels/tires on it.

The rear glass is very upright, and could potentially have the same kind of 3rd/5th door mechanism as the Bronco will -- though we haven't seen one with a rear mounted tire yet ...

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/08/a-cl...ust-and-special-camouflage-spied-in-the-wild/
2019-AUG-24 2021-ford-baby-bronco-maverick-prototype-tires-1024x694.jpg

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone caught it on the road. I don't remember the other ones having dual exhaust, and they certainly put some different wheels/tires on it.

The rear glass is very upright, and could potentially have the same kind of 3rd/5th door mechanism as the Bronco will -- though we haven't seen one with a rear mounted tire yet ...

https://www.tflcar.com/2019/08/a-cl...ust-and-special-camouflage-spied-in-the-wild/
2019-AUG-24 2021-ford-baby-bronco-maverick-prototype-tires-1024x694.jpg

Dual exhaust pffft, look at the ranger based 4 door bronco in the mirror!!

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Saying the full size Bronco is “the real thing” is totally getting away from what Ford is going for with this vehicle. They literally said their goal is to “beat Jeep” and I still have yet to see a justification for how a FSB has a place in the modern marketplace. It doesn’t tow well, it doesn’t do well off road due to how wide it is, 2 door trucks don’t sell anymore, the list goes on. The fact is that the 1978+ Broncos were built purely to cut costs by sharing 80% of parts with the F-150. The modern FSB is the supercab raptor, which I don’t think I’ve seen a single one of the new gen ones in person. I’d bet the crew cab outsell them 25:1. And as I’ve said before, I wouldn’t be mad if Ford built a FSB. But they aren’t going to and it’s pointless to discuss, and everyone saying they won’t buy a midsize Bronco should start searching craigslist for a clean ‘96.

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s convenient. They both have the same stickers in the driver’s side window. Assuming the stickers are the same size and scaling the images I get this very unscientific comparison:

393D2DC0-87F7-4C30-879A-2F13F499F664.jpeg

703C9167-B47F-4CAC-8B3D-D0DF6B8EBEA4.jpeg
Those are not even the same vehicle model. Look at the wheels, notice the 5 lug vs 6 lug difference? completely different running gear. the smaller one is the small bronco-like SUV, with the larger a bronco mule

Status
Not open for further replies.