Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There must be at least 5 of these "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" prototypes. What engine do you suppose the hot rods are getting?

Two are hot rods with dual exhaust, different wheels. HD130515, blur; and ?, blur. For some reason the photographer blurred the license plates on these two.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/4386775/ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo/

Three seen earlier with no visible exhaust. HD130548, plate 016M897; HD130517, plate 016M479; HD130513, plate 016M432.
https://www.motor1.com/photo/4371551/ford-baby-bronco-spy-shots/

The HD130515 hot rod was used for "altitude testing" in Colorado, and one of the hot rods was in that convoy in Moab with at least two of the 'regulars'.
Sponsored

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like the performance gauge cluster on the A pillar. I hope the NOS boost is kept for the final design!

2019-sep-25-ford-bronco-sport-adventurer-spy-photo3-jpg-jpg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If there was a 2-door coupe version of the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility" would it sell? Would it help the model better share the Bronco branding?

baby-Bronco Coupe.png

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
would it sell?
In talking about the BroncoBronco, we've described it as a 'passion' purchase. Not many vehicles are gonna fall into that category. That leaves most buyers with more of a calculated decision...functionality, color preference, $1K price difference, dealer convenience, etc. So...it's all a 'share' game; you'd have to ID competing vehicles & their associated sales volume - position Ford's offering for a relative share.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If there was a 2-door coupe version of the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility" would it sell? Would it help the model better share the Bronco branding?
Much as I wish for more 2 door SUVs to exist, no, I don't think it would sell in particularly large numbers. History has proven that. If they were going to try to launch the baby as a standalone vehicle, I think they would need a 2 door for image purposes, but with the BroncoBronco to ride the coattails of I don't think that's necessary.

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a twist I hadn't heard before that makes me a little sick ... Ford almost pulled a Blazer with the Bronco, and thus the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility" came to be ...

fuzzymoomoo said:
Right after [the January 2017 Ranger and Bronco] announcement was made I asked around to some people I know, the Bronco hadn't even left the studio yet to begin any kind of design/engineering. Since then we've learned what we are getting next year is the 3rd proposed design with the first 2 being rejected and one of them (not sure which but it doesn't really matter), was reimagined as a unibody utility that became the baby Bronco.

My theory, and some others here have echoed it as well, is the reason the program got green lit despite not even having been finalized in the studio was purely to give Ford NA leverage to bring the Ranger here after the decision was made to move the Focus from here at MAP to Mexico.
https://blueovalforums.com/forums/i...-transformed-its-product-development-process/

OP
OP
Stampede.Offroad

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's one I haven't seen before, with a few other jellybean crossovers around it it looks a little better.

zqskifgwe6p31.jpg

I honestly can't tell these jellybeans apart, there's like 100 of them that look the same, what are they?

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In this picture it looks like the Corsair, (black) and the escape (red) which are indeed sisters (m-plates as well) so they of course look very similar. I guess the Bronco "maverick" makes it triplets lol.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The FrankenRanger/Bronco 2 door is not indicative of what the 2 Door Bronco will actually be. The mule doesn't even allow for any rear impact standards

The Baby Bronco will be roughly the the size of the 2020 Escape-Overall length of 180 Inches

Expect the 2/4 door Bronco's to be about 190 inches long (with the two door being smaller you jackasses). The closest we have to compare to is the Ford Everest, the SUV off the Ranger, which is 192 inches long for a 4 door model.

With that said, the last gen "full sized Bronco" was only 183 inches long and the Bronco II was 161 inches long before it was replaced by the Explorer.

So both new Products are going to be dramatically bigger then the older ones.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The FrankenRanger/Bronco 2 door is not indicative of what the 2 Door Bronco will actually be. The mule doesn't even allow for any rear impact standards

The Baby Bronco will be roughly the the size of the 2020 Escape-Overall length of 180 Inches

Expect the 2/4 door Bronco's to be about 190 inches long. The closest we have to compare to is the Ford Everest, the SUV off the Ranger, which is 192 inches long for a 4 door model.

With that said, the last gen "full sized Bronco" was only 183 inches long and the Bronco II was 161 inches long before it was replaced by the Explorer.

So both new Products are going to be dramatically bigger then the older ones.
Eh, I think you should be expecting total lengths around 150-160 tops on the 2-door BroncoBronco, and 165-175 tops on the 4-door Broncobronco

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Eh, I think you should be expecting total lengths around 150-160 tops on the 2-door BroncoBronco, and 165-175 tops on the 4-door Broncobronco
Why the Wrangler is 166.8 to 188.4″ long and Ranger frame isn't going to support something that small without a significant redesign...where are you getting that info?

Ford isn't going to lose sales because the BroncoBronco is small.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This isn't my work...copied it from one of the forum posts a few months ago...I'm hoping it is close:

upload_2019-11-4_11-26-27.png
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.