Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.

Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.

Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.

YARN | It'll replace CDs soon. I'll have to buy the White Album again. | Men in Black (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 2e56b44c | ç´— (getyarn.io)
Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless there is some portable USB CD player- you’re outta luck. Unless you replace the whole head unit. I knew this was coming years ago so I ripped all my cd’s into iTunes and I play them through a 160 gb iPod to the head unit. I would love to still have a CD player in the truck but it’s going away for good.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just returned from Hawaii, Jeep rental was a MY2018 and had an in-dash CD player. Miss that, and also not interested in the effort to convert to USB's and Phone files.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have not had a CD changer in the last three vehicles I have purchased. It is time to step out and breathe in the technology unfortunately.

Could just get a boombox and just fully embrace the CD life I suppose.

Do you still use a walkman for music on the go?

There has got to be a service that would convert your CDs to MP3s or just do it manually. There are solutions that do not require you to throw the square peg through the round hole.

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.
Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.
Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.

YARN | It'll replace CDs soon. I'll have to buy the White Album again. | Men in Black (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 2e56b44c | ç´— (getyarn.io)
I think it's hilarious when people want to listen to "lossless" audio in their Bronco. The Bronco cabin is not the place. Way too loud even in the hardtop.

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I learned after buying my 2019 F150, no CD player I was like guess its time to convert. My 2021 Subaru has a CD player though funny stuff.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't even think the Bronco has an AUX port.

I'm afraid you are going to need to get ripping.

I haven't even had a computer with a disc drive for 15 years, maybe longer.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think it's hilarious when people want to listen to "lossless" audio in their Bronco. The Bronco cabin is not the place. Way too loud even in the hardtop.
Same, all my music at home is ripped to flac, but the head unit having a 10+ year old bluetooth codec means it's *always* going to get clipped. And you know, it's a big metal box. thankfully plexamp tied to my own server seems to fit the bill for me for having access to everything that I want, and automatically converts down anyways.

It's still wildly frustrating that Ford didn't even put a line-in on the head unit

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I ended up just buying a family spotify subscription. Easiest thing in the world and your music is everywhere with you. Trust me I have a thousand cds toobut music subscription is way easier. It is intuitive with your head unit as well which makes it a no brainer.

Sponsored

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m really surprised there isn’t a commercial service offering CD’s to digital media transfers. I have all my music on a 64 gig thumb drive. You are correct, it probably took a long time to accomplish that.

I’m sure I’ll be corrected, but you can put thousands of ripped MP3’s on one thumb drive. The Bronco entertainment system will acknowledge the drive without issues. The system allows you to select individual albums, artists, or random play all, each or by artist.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same, all my music at home is ripped to flac, but the head unit having a 10+ year old bluetooth codec means it's *always* going to get clipped. And you know, it's a big metal box. thankfully plexamp tied to my own server seems to fit the bill for me for having access to everything that I want, and automatically converts down anyways.

It's still wildly frustrating that Ford didn't even put a line-in on the head unit
not many brand new cars do.Wife just bought a vw. No line in. Its a waste of money for them.

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

"lossless" isn't the issue. It's convenience.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

not many brand new cars do.Wife just bought a vw. No line in. Its a waste of money for them.
that's valid, and I can at least understand it. leaving it off and not using a modern bt codec, AND having no line-out to run an amp and speakers properly is where the real felony lies.