JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
bite the bullet and convert your music to a thumb drive. About 10yrs ago I did this and if you build it so you have your band folders and label the songs along with a grouping name like a music style and or drive home and even rank you can shuffle by that. When you are done or mostly done it is easy to copy and load to any thumb drive. Plus you can always add as time goes on. A couple of co workers passed around a external hard drive even adding and pulling down music as a group.

I also have amazon music unlimited and built a Playlist to fill in gaps and the wife has Spotify. So much better than the briefcase of cd's that end up getting scratches over time. I moved to this as cd players ate batteries...mp3 players stored a ton and charges lasted longer.

.... shuffle, yes ??.

I burn through music all the time and shuffle makes playlists and folders unpredictable and more fresh each time you play through.
Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/adding-a-aux-audio-port.3128/

So, ya'll made me search. Apparently this is a thing :ROFLMAO:
I've been using bluteeth, but the Honda has everything you could possibly want standard so I never knew this was an issue

I swear my accord has so many more things standard than Bronco, I'm going to miss it, but not too much

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base
I remember this in college! LOL i had this thang in every car ?

I have a CD Player in my car right now but never use it! Bluetooth is all I ever use. I have SiriusXM on my phone and play it through Bluetooth and I also use Soundcloud, Spotify, and Apple Music. You can get your whole library on Apple Music.

I actually have in the car now one those sun visor cd holders that has a foldout with velcro with more sleeves: i too have a head unit that came with a cd player.
I have the thing jam packed with soooo many cdrs that i used to use ... ... ... it is sitting on the side of the passenger floor well andd haven't touched since i put it there ??.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had to go out and check if my '16 F150 w Sync3 had an aux input or not. It does not, just dual usb inputs. I recently upgraded my wife's Flex from Sync2 to 3 and it eliminated the SD card, the red/white/yellow aux input and dual usb's for just dual usb's. Both those vehicles have the Sony premium sound system with CD players so I am not sure when Ford finally killed the CD player in vehicles. But I am doubting the Bronco will have neither aux input nor a CD player, just the usb inputs.
My 19 Edge ST has a CD player. I've heard that the 20 does not.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am a big fan of physical media and hate the fact that CD players aren't available anymore. With that being said I use Spotify. I can listen to what I want, when I want. Tons of metal. And you're sure to discover some bands you never knew.

If you aren't into using your phone you could always pick up an ipod and burn your music into iTunes.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
3 is better than 2 but nothing to write home about. The voice commands are clunky and you have to talk your way threw to many menus to do anything. Nav is terrible. It gives you 3 choices: fastest, shortest, and eco, and if you decide to take a different route it will always try to bring you back to the original. Including steering you away from your destination if it is right in front of you.

4 should be better but I don't know why any auto maker spends the effort and money on nav and an interface anymore. Just give us the basic controls and let us use either AA or ACP. I plug my phone to bring up AA as soon as I get in my truck. My only interaction with Sync3 is to turn on my heated steering wheel (no independent button) or if I am actually listening to the radio I may check the artist or name of a song.

My sole reason for upgrading my wife's Flex from 3 to 2 was so she could use Android Auto in her car. I didn't want to buy an aftermarket head unit as her car has controls on the Sync system that don't have their own buttons. Cost me $700 but was plug and play, took me less than 30min to install, works flawlessly and I know she will use the the hands free texting and features that AA has that she would not use in the cumbersome Sync2.

OP
OP
Skip2a

Skip2a

Black Diamond
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the replies!

1. I’m glad to hear from other metal heads. I’m 57 and Maiden, Crew, Bon Scott’s AC/DC (it was over when he died) and Ozzy were on the radio. I’ve evolved over the years and love modern euro metal (Sabaton is on the top of my list). Unfortunately my hundreds of CD’s include some sweet bootlegs and I just can’t part with them. Many of them bounced around in my 72 Bronc: so there is some nostalgia value to me also.

2. I had satellite radio in my Taco: after about 20 songs they seem to repeat.

3. Looks like I’ll have to become tech savvy and try to burn music to sticks and see how that goes; I’ll also give Amazon a try for a Bluetooth portable player.

I’m looking forward to the dash rail but I’m worried that it isn’t showing in recent images and not listed as available anywhere? One of the early videos I saw said it was stock in each unit; I’m sure that was erroneous information.

Good news is I have 7 to 12+ months to get my act together before my A51 BD shows up. Hopefully no CD option will be the final straw and lots of folks will cancel their reservation so my precious will get here sooner!

Pat

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would say that if you want to limit yourself to (if memory serves) 10-14 songs like a CD. Then, scrolling through songs on a memory stick will not be an issue. Just limit yourself to the Next and Back buttons to skip tracks if you want to feel nostalgic. ?
What I wouldn't give for that feature. About a year ago, something happened to my stereo. It plays CDs fine and doesn't have a shuffle feature. But whatever happened that is the only way it plays CDs now. You can't hit Next/Back to find a track. Doing so, just causes the it to shuffle to the next random track.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh man, I remember the days of having the giant CD binders in the car. Nothing like flipping through 30 pages of CDs to find that one disc you know is in there while trying to pay attention to the road and shifting. That being said, I have been a SiriusXM subscriber for over 10 years at this point. I still have the binders full of discs somewhere but those haven't seen the light of day in a long time. There have been a few USB thumb drives loaded with mp3s in there as well.

I'm an old millennial (39) and have given in to the streaming media movement. I have a subscription to Spotify and Pandora (that reminds me that I need to cancel by sub to Pandora). Its just much more convenient. Of course the sound quality is not amazing over Bluetooth and sometimes they don't have that one album of that older obscure metal band but it works pretty well. When coupled with SiriusXM, I'm pretty happy.

My 2015 Ram did not come with a CD player. I looked into adding one but the factory add on CD player is $500(!). I'll swap a nice double DIN touchscreen head unit that has Android Auto for that price.
Beats the heck out of having an 8-track player where you can only fit 3 in the glove box. Not only that you want to hear a specific track you have to time it just right or wait until that song comes around again and hope your on the right channel (4 on an 8 track). Those were the days 😏

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh man, I remember the days of having the giant CD binders in the car. Nothing like flipping through 30 pages of CDs to find that one disc you know is in there while trying to pay attention to the road and shifting. That being said, I have been a SiriusXM subscriber for over 10 years at this point. I still have the binders full of discs somewhere but those haven't seen the light of day in a long time. There have been a few USB thumb drives loaded with mp3s in there as well.

I'm an old millennial (39) and have given in to the streaming media movement. I have a subscription to Spotify and Pandora (that reminds me that I need to cancel by sub to Pandora). Its just much more convenient. Of course the sound quality is not amazing over Bluetooth and sometimes they don't have that one album of that older obscure metal band but it works pretty well. When coupled with SiriusXM, I'm pretty happy.

My 2015 Ram did not come with a CD player. I looked into adding one but the factory add on CD player is $500(!). I'll swap a nice double DIN touchscreen head unit that has Android Auto for that price.
Things like flash drive and Pandora are just so much easier than the old days. I go back to the days when I had a suitcase full of 8 tracks and that seemed awesome at the time compared AM radio.

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I guess all my CDs will be staying in my 72 bronco then. Damm it.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know you said you don't like radio because it doesn't have what you want. Try Sirius. It generally DOES have everything someone could want and its satellite, so it reaches anywhere
Sirius has commercials which I thought the original point of it was no commercials.
You lose reception under bridges.
Stations like octane have the same rotating playlist like terrestrial radio.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m a late adopter to tech, I get it. But honestly man, get a Spotify premium membership and call it done. It’s so good and so so easy.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Things like flash drive and Pandora are just so much easier than the old days. I go back to the days when I had a suitcase full of 8 tracks and that seemed awesome at the time compared AM radio.
I like pandora when I’m chillen with a brewhaha at home with friends... when I’m driving I’m less relaxed and end up skipping songs more than it allows.

I too am a dinosaur and think I will be investing in an iPod got the bronco. Mainly due to being able to make playlists, which I hear you can do on Spotify, but Spotify is $120 a year, so a loaded iPod with only songs I choose would pay for itself in three years

If the Ford lasts that long...
Sponsored