Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester, Mazda3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Leaving CDs in your car is like having a manual transmission, yoots don't know what to do with either.
I forgot to lock my doors once and the next day about $4 in change was gone but my CDs were still there. I wasn’t bothered by the $4 but was super insulted that they’d leave my Clash, R.E.M., Smiths, Rolling Stones, CDs behind. These kids have no taste, lol. Next time I leave 5 CDs in the car unlocked I’ll probably come back and find 5 more 🤣
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unless there is some portable USB CD player- you’re outta luck. Unless you replace the whole head unit. I knew this was coming years ago so I ripped all my cd’s into iTunes and I play them through a 160 gb iPod to the head unit. I would love to still have a CD player in the truck but it’s going away for good.
They make usb and blue tooth portables for the car. Just check the Amazon.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Time to update tech! I burned all of my 200+ cds 10 years ago and then sold them. All of that music is now on a tiny USB drive (and backed up on my computer). Sure it takes time, but much better.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Face it. Time to give it up.

9AC7BAC0-D332-4D92-B606-CCAFAE4D944F.jpeg

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think it's hilarious when people want to listen to "lossless" audio in their Bronco. The Bronco cabin is not the place. Way too loud even in the hardtop.
Yes the Bronco is far from the ideal acoustic environment. But there's a little more to it. Lossless will play louder and clearer. Which really helps with the base stereo. I compared Spotify with Apple Music set too lossless. The difference was night and day. It improved the base audio system without physically changing anything.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes the Bronco is far from the ideal acoustic environment. But there's a little more to it. Lossless will play louder and clearer. Which really helps with the base stereo. I compared Spotify with Apple Music set too lossless. The difference was night and day. It improved the base audio system without physically changing anything.
Exactly! Crap in equals crap out. If the source doesn’t sound good it doesn’t matter what your system is.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 2016 Mustang I bought new and sold in 2020 had a CD player - I never used it, and even when I bought it in 2016, I thought to myself "why are they still putting a CD player in a new car?" - I got rid of all my CD's probably 10 years ago - I never thought there'd be people who still used them - I'd imagine you could get a portable CD player (maybe a vintage store or Goodwill?) and plug it into the USB port - but I'd think the audio quality would not be as good ... perhaps go to your local car audio installation place and see if they have ideas for options that are more 'integrated'.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's the convenience of being able to get to one CD or song collection, "album" if you will.
Depending on the mood, I might want to listen to some Meatlof, BOC, Highwaymen, B-52's, Clash (listening to the Clash in a Land Rover always seemed really the polar opposite of punk but I digress), etc. I push a button on the head unit or steering wheel, I' m there. Another push and I'm skipping through the songs until I find the one i want ATM. So now it's all on a USB. I had to rip it to put ti there, if I didn't bother to name it I don't know what song it is, what CD, and it I do I get to navigate through the folders I would create, scroll through the songs, etc.
I had a vehicle that did read M<P3's off a burned disk. Yay! Except that besides the effort of getting them onto the disk I now have a ridicous number of songs I have to scroll through and by the time I get there I could just about be done with the trip!
It's not about audio quality. Years of ear abuse have left me shall we say unable to process subtle differences in audio quality. Besides it's a metal box that whistles a bit at highway speed.
I hear ya. Bought a bluetooth "stereo" for the rock crawler. Many times I get bored on the easier trails, waiting for other rigs to catch up. Of course the bluetooth won't pair correctly with my phone, so I'm using the head phone jack (luckily, this stereo also had an 1/8th in input jack).

But most of what I ripped does not have artist or song titles when it comes up on the phone, which is odd as it does when I ripped it on computer. Even tried a couple different phone apps, but none give you enough flexibility that emulates the ease of dumping in a CD and you now know exactly what you are listening too and the exact order of songs.

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my 2016 Tundra Limited had a CD, and an AUX and USB etc. My Bronco only has the USB.

I listen primarily Sirius anyway, but there's the occasion where I want to listen to a CD. I don' tuse Carplay as IMO it's trash and I don't need the 100 things it does while I'm driving.

So I agree, I'd like to keep some sort of physical medium. It's not like the 90's when tapes were transitioning to CDs and people were clamoring for a CD player AND a tape player, there's no real reason they couldn't have included a CD slot in the Bronco other than a choice to force the streaming via Carplay and eventually the Alexa they pushed on us.

But that's my 2 cents

Cleveland-Native

Badlands
First Name
Fry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Ranger, 2009 VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ended up just buying a family spotify subscription. Easiest thing in the world and your music is everywhere with you. Trust me I have a thousand cds toobut music subscription is way easier. It is intuitive with your head unit as well which makes it a no brainer.
I have spotify too but am slightly concerned with only being able to rent my music. Perhaps they've come out with something that allows you to transfer music/podcasts to your own storage device but I doubt that has happened. Spotify goes out of business or cancels my account and I lose years worth of saved music..

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, HotDog, here's a problem that I can't seem to find the answer to. I use Spotify. I have a very eclectic music taste that ranges from Boney James to Five Finger Death Punch. I like to play my liked songs list~~600 songs on shuffle. Is there a way to link 2 or more songs so when one plays the next song plays like on the original album?. Example - Pink Floyd The Wall part 1, The happiest Days of our Lives, then The wall part 2. Motley Crue - In The Beginning then Shout at the Devil.
You can do that in iTunes (Apple's Music application--not to be confused with the Apple Music streaming service) with your own music. I don't think you can do that with streaming services and still have the randomness of shuffle play. In iTunes/Music, you use the "Grouping" field to group songs together. It was primarily intended for classical tracks, but works well for any two or more songs that you want played together, such as Van Halen's Eruption and Running With the Devil.

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.
Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.
Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.

YARN | It'll replace CDs soon. I'll have to buy the White Album again. | Men in Black (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 2e56b44c | 紗 (getyarn.io)
I think you answered your own question. It has been this way across technology platforms as long as I can remember.
- VHS to DVD to Blu-Ray to Stream
- Tape to CD to Stream
- Cartridges for video games to CDs to SD cards to Stream

You should've been burning your CDs into digital long ago. My 2013 vehicle didn't have a CD player anymore and that was a decade ago. Just like there's no point in installing tape players, in radios, DVD players into TVs, etc.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love how on B6G somebody can ask a question and almost nobody will step in to help and answer the question that was *asked* but instead tell the OP everything they are doing wrong.
Sponsored