Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Huh. Lookee there. Didn't know those existed. How about all my old cassettes? lol....well, I guess those are gone....

OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Huh. Lookee there. Didn't know those existed. How about all my old cassettes? lol....well, I guess those are gone....
That's why I'm sharing this. I don't like ripping CDs because its a pain, and I sometimes like the focus of choosing a single album and listening to it from start to finish.

They also make CD players that can be installed in new vehicles and controlled through the interface and I'm considering getting one for my wife's Pacifica, might be an option for the Bronco someday. The vehicle simply sees it as a usb drive.

As for other things people may not know exist, we go through a ton of distilled water in the winter, like several gallons a week, for humidifiers and I just found out that home water distillers exist for ~$70 and got one because I hated wasting all the plastic water jugs, and it'll cost me 25% to make a gallon compared to buying a gallon ;)

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
To RIP a CD you only need to put the disc in a tray and click a couple tabs, it might be one or two steps more than playing the CD in a CD player. You can easily rip the whole album and play it back. I have not seen a system where you can't play a whole album whether you are using a disc or using a thumb drive with digital music on it.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hah, does the bluetooth CD player also have anti-skip? I can't even imagine it dealing with a rough ride.

That aside: I ripped over 700 CDs and maintained that private file library for a LONG time. I've since deleted them all and just stream, though, it is a pain to maintain a config that syncs for offline playback.

Sponsored
OP
OP

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To RIP a CD you only need to put the disc in a tray and click a couple tabs, it might be one or two steps more than playing the CD in a CD player. You can easily rip the whole album and play it back. I have not seen a system where you can't play a whole album whether you are using a disc or using a thumb drive with digital music on it.
I know, and I even use old iphones as ipods and have 100s of albums on them, and keep them plugged in to each vehicle for this reason. But, there is still something nice about physically loading a CD rather than scrolling through the lists in the screen. I'm sure a lot of people don't understand, but there are also people that still read newspapers ;)

As for me, most of the time I listen to SiriusXM, but with the wireless carplay I won't be renewing my subscription and will listen to Pandora most of the time.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I keep waiting for someone to try and come up with a solution to play an 8 track in their Bronco.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Perfect, now I can listen to my playlists when I download them to CDs

Sponsored

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Would be nice for a road trip if you had a book on CD like you can get from the public library system. I used to like to listen to those on a log trip. This way you wouldn't have to buy the digital copy to list to.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That's assuming that A. You still have a PC with a CD tray! and B. You can buy blank CD's....

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's assuming that A. You still have a PC with a CD tray! and B. You can buy blank CD's....
I still have one with a 3.5" floppy. Retro computers are the in thing now.

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Why would you need a blank CD to rip a CD to a hard drive?
Sponsored