JohnnyK

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Best you can hope for is to just use your phone or ipod, it sucks having to pay again for music that you already have unless you rip them but it's going to take a long time. CD's sound way better than MP3's

Speaking of sound quality, Sirius sounds like total garbage. XM used sound really good before the merger but they crammed so many stations on Sirius that it eats up all the band with and it sounds like crap.
Sponsored

Potatomafia

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Chevy Tahoe PPV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh man, I remember the days of having the giant CD binders in the car. Nothing like flipping through 30 pages of CDs to find that one disc you know is in there while trying to pay attention to the road and shifting. That being said, I have been a SiriusXM subscriber for over 10 years at this point. I still have the binders full of discs somewhere but those haven't seen the light of day in a long time. There have been a few USB thumb drives loaded with mp3s in there as well.

I'm an old millennial (39) and have given in to the streaming media movement. I have a subscription to Spotify and Pandora (that reminds me that I need to cancel by sub to Pandora). Its just much more convenient. Of course the sound quality is not amazing over Bluetooth and sometimes they don't have that one album of that older obscure metal band but it works pretty well. When coupled with SiriusXM, I'm pretty happy.

My 2015 Ram did not come with a CD player. I looked into adding one but the factory add on CD player is $500(!). I'll swap a nice double DIN touchscreen head unit that has Android Auto for that price.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm anxious to see how the Sync4 works out.
Can it mirror my phones screen?
Having it show music apps would be awesome.
Having it show music folders I have stored on a usb drive would be handy.
Not to hijack and turn into a Sync thread but I think the OP will appreciate Android Auto o ACP for his listening to music. Screen shots of AA on Sync3. The difference between Sync3 & 4 which will be in the Bronco is the ability to bluetooth the interface instead of hardline.

Ford Bronco CD Player PXL_20201114_164031928
Ford Bronco CD Player PXL_20201114_164158823
Ford Bronco CD Player PXL_20201114_164119393
Ford Bronco CD Player PXL_20201114_164239718

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

1.) There is something different about listening to a good album start-to-finish that was produced to be listened to in that way. (As opposed to just random, single songs one after another.)
2.) While I do rip my CDs onto my work computer, I am planning on using a portable CD player in the Bronco unless that starts being a pain. I still have a portable Phillips CD player from the last century that still works great, but I like the idea of getting a new one with bluetooth so I can use it around the house with my bluetooth headphones or the Milwaukee M18 speakers the I am newly in love with that we use in the yard and in the garage.
3.) Part of trip planning for me is still estimating travel time, calculating out how many CDs to bring, picking out CDs (sometimes with a common theme), and stressing over what is the exact correct order to listen to them. (Note: If you listen to them in the exact reverse order on the way home, you get a better feel for time, and in the future when you hear certain songs, your brain is reminded of that certain location on your trip.)
Also... to all you youngins...
4.) My kid who only listens to digital music recently took a road trip in a vehicle with a CD player and now understands how cool that whole process is (a process I still think of as creating a "mix tape").
???

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Agreed. That's what the dash rail is for, devices. Mount one on top.

I'd just use an Aux cable but that's me
Not sure it will have an aux input, but a mil spec CD holder for the rail would be classic.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all:

I know: it comes with Apple Car Play or something like that. I’m not big on using my phone for music and I don’t listen to the radio (they don’t play metal in central PA).

Does anyone know of a way to install a CD player in one of these? I am assuming there are data ports to connect to? Any Bluetooth players out there that I can get? Was thinking of burning onto data sticks but they are a pain to scroll through.

I don’t want to loose the factory screen features by installing an aftermarket in dash set up.

See ya,

Pat
I would say that if you want to limit yourself to (if memory serves) 10-14 songs like a CD. Then, scrolling through songs on a memory stick will not be an issue. Just limit yourself to the Next and Back buttons to skip tracks if you want to feel nostalgic. ?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would say that if you want to limit yourself to (if memory serves) 10-14 songs like a CD. Then, scrolling through songs on a memory stick will not be an issue. Just limit yourself to the Next and Back buttons to skip tracks if you want to feel nostalgic. ?

Shooooot I could squeeze 18 songs on the ones I'd burn! Nothing like a "2001 Crazy College Mix" CD :LOL:

andi

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hello all:

I know: it comes with Apple Car Play or something like that. I’m not big on using my phone for music and I don’t listen to the radio (they don’t play metal in central PA).

Does anyone know of a way to install a CD player in one of these? I am assuming there are data ports to connect to? Any Bluetooth players out there that I can get? Was thinking of burning onto data sticks but they are a pain to scroll through.

I don’t want to loose the factory screen features by installing an aftermarket in dash set up.

See ya,

Pat
Well, we are in 2020, plug in ur phone to charge and it will automatically play music, choose ur song on ur phone and that’s it, why go through the hassle of adding a player

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Never though about this until I bought my newest car and found out many newer cars don't come with CD players.

I JUST ASSumed that Ford does what others have...they have an SD memory card slot. You copy all you music to one and you are done. A single SD card can hold your entire CD library in most cases.
Ford doesn't use SD cards anymore. You can use a flash drive to download thousands of tracks.

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shooooot I could squeeze 18 songs on the ones I'd burn! Nothing like a "2001 Crazy College Mix" CD :LOL:
I remember installing a CD deck that had mp3CD capabilities. Got rid of that pesky 80 minute capacity and utilized the full 700MB up to 99 songs when burned as a data CD.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You can set up favorites lists that are easy to recall. You can also ask Sync to play specific artists or tracks. There's no reason this feature should be complicated to use.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure it will have an aux input, but a mil spec CD holder for the rail would be classic.
I had to go out and check if my '16 F150 w Sync3 had an aux input or not. It does not, just dual usb inputs. I recently upgraded my wife's Flex from Sync2 to 3 and it eliminated the SD card, the red/white/yellow aux input and dual usb's for just dual usb's. Both those vehicles have the Sony premium sound system with CD players so I am not sure when Ford finally killed the CD player in vehicles. But I am doubting the Bronco will have neither aux input nor a CD player, just the usb inputs.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had to go out and check if my '16 F150 w Sync3 had an aux input or not. It does not, just dual usb inputs. I recently upgraded my wife's Flex from Sync2 to 3 and it eliminated the SD card, the red/white/yellow aux input and dual usb's for just dual usb's. Both those vehicles have the Sony premium sound system with CD players so I am not sure when Ford finally killed the CD player in vehicles. But I am doubting the Bronco will have neither aux input nor a CD player, just the usb inputs.
Been a while. You'd be hard pressed to find aux input on anything built in the last 5 years.
Sponsored