First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This might be the dumbest thread I have seen in a long time.
Hey now. You haven’t lived until you’ve rolled to Santana’s Abraxas on a sweet 8 track that smells lightly of bong water.
Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How are cds more convenient than saying hey siri play my music? 🤷‍♂️

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

How much would one pay to transfer music? Think side hustle.....

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing is easier than saying, "play Love Shack" after holding the activate button on the wheel. Technology has passed you by to where it's easier for you to do the harder method, and you're complaining that companies aren't manufacturing the harder method. I hope you find a solution, but I also don't understand letting technology pass you by like this.
I get both sides here. There is one thing about the newer tech that I can’t stand and it is that whenever I "talk" to my vehicles, they make me feel like I don't know language I'm speaking and I can assure you I speak clearly every damn time and quickly raise my volume.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Doesn't Voice control allow you to select the Artist you want to play?
Push this button:
1674069347881.png

and say, "Play Artist The Clash" and London Calling rolls out of the speaker.

Easy Peasey.
My response would be "okay, playing crash test dummies"

Sponsored

PRA4SNW

Outer Banks
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Flex
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know if this option has been mentioned (didn't read through the entire thread) but I picked up one of these units. It has an FM transmitter to connect to the Bronco's speakers. It is small enough to fit in the console or in the pockets on the doors. It will play upside down/sideways. It's not the most convenient thing, but it satisfies the need for playing a CD, if that's your thing.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B091XR7M6F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Alex Sector

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the yellow Sony Discman with the tape player adapter in high school. Someone stole it along with my CD collection while I was in college. I had a binder with a couple hundred CD's. Never bought another CD. Restored my collection with Napster and iPod. Now I just use an SD card on my phone. May get a new Sony Walkman at some point.

Ford Bronco So what about CD (compact discs)? How to play them in the Bronco imgrc0075844141

Jack D

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Jeep Liberty 6MT, 93 Explorer 2dr 5MT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.

Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.

Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.
I'm with ya Gnomad- I really miss having a CD player, for all the reasons you and others mention. Insert CD- Listen for an hour or so- no plugging in/typing stuff into phone- no internet or Wifi issues- and sound quality IS better than FM/satellite/Spotify.

I finally gave up and subscribed to Tidal after a big audio upgrade in my 2-door. Hard to beat having an unlimited music catalog, and it's close on sound quality, but it'll never be as easy as just popping in a CD.

Anyone else find ironic humor in some people who bought a boxy, retro-inspired internal combustion SUV telling the OP to "get with the times"?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nah man, no need - like I posted way back b4 it got drowned out you're looking at maybe $60 (it's just the first one I found, I didn't shop around) for a CD player *designed* to be portable (larger buffer for skip protections, etc.) that also has a built-in FM transmitter. I'd personally avoid using Bluetooth for this just so nothing's fighting with your phone to pair with the head unit so that's why, for me, FM is the better approach (look, in for a dinosaur penny with the CD's, in for a dinosaur pound with *FM* radio LOL). If it doesn't work it's Amazon and you can send it back but unless the unit is actually *defective* the system works - you play your CD's with your head unit tuned to the FM frequency the player is using and it's WGNOmad, blasting fractions of watts into the airwaves! :cool:
https://www.amazon.com/MONODEAL-Transmitter-Rechargeable-Protection-Headphones/dp/B09M6HL3XV
I've been considering a portable cd player as well....
I love Pandora/Spotify, etc but don't want to pay extra for the necessary data plans. I currently still have the free XM service which is nice, but it's not gonna work in my other (older) cars/trucks.

Amazon has several portible cd players with FM transmitters on sale for under $50 this week.
Most also accept TF/SD data cards which will allow you to play a huge library of music thru the cd player. However, I have no idea how you go about selecting a particular album from the collection, the cd player display appear to be very limited. Anyone know?

I decided to try a $30 MP3 player. It'll supposedly be seen as a USB when plugged into the Bronco, or I can just use the MP3 device for selection. It'll also accept TF/SD cards for huge storage capacity.
It'll work with my old cars too.... just need a $15 fm transmitter to relay the music to the AM/FM/cassette stereos.

I do miss having a cd player tho.... I still buy cd's at music festivals or at swap meets/thrift shops. It was nice popping it in to listen to on the drive home.

Of course now I'm going down the rabbit hole of transferring all my cd's to digital. I already have a bunch converted into MP3's at 128 or 320 kbps (is there a big difference?).
I understand a lossless format like WAV or FLAC is preferred to retain quality, but am concerned some of my audio equipment may not be able to read FLAC files from a USB.

Am I best off ripping my cd's to FLAC and then converting some of those to MP3's if necessary?

Sponsored

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not Bronco specific, but ended up getting one of these for my new F250.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BRH1XPCM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Fits about half way into a cubby below main screen.
(and there is space in there to cut out back of cubby,
basically making it in dash). Connects to data USB port.

20230808_155028.jpg

Takes a bit to come up as an "option" on main screen when you first put in CD. But after that, it stays as an option (even after restarts) until you disconnect it from data port. Also screen and steering wheel controls work. (see vid below)

http://luxjo.supermotors.net/23 F250 SD/STEREO/CD PLAYER/20230808_155044.mp4

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where do you get your 35mm film developed? They probably have an in-dash CD player they can sell you :ROFLMAO:

Sorry for busting your chops, but you pretty much need to get on the digital music bandwagon at this point with a modern car. CDs are going the way of the dodo.

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You either get it or you don't. I have an 02 Trans Am with a CD player, and I still have tons of CDs from the 90s and up, and there is something cathartic about selecting an album and listening to it while driving.

And, I have most of my collection digitized and in my phone, and the Apple Carplay in the Bronco won't let me select and album while driving unless it was recently listened to :(
Sponsored