Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love how on B6G somebody can ask a question and almost nobody will step in to help and answer the question that was *asked* but instead tell the OP everything they are doing wrong.
Have you not read the thread? Several people have offered suggestions. They all suck but that’s just the situation with current tech now.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Have you not read the thread? Several people have offered suggestions. They all suck but that’s just the situation with current tech now.
The requested solution is what sucks, not the solution, itself. I just don't see the point of this. You can create a playlist from your phone in about two minutes, that links all those songs from the five albums this dude wants in his changer. Then he can hit the shuffle button.

As to his comment "I still like the phone being connected to the entertainmment for calls and messages.", my phone is connected all the time. I'm either listening to an audiobook via Libby or Audible, or music via Youtube Music, Pandora, or SiriusXM. My infotainment center tells me when someone calls, when I get a text message, Signal message, or What's App message.

I just don't see how pulling a CD changer tray out, selecting six CDs from a binder of CDs that you have to page through and find the specific album you want, then putting it back into the changer is harder than creating a simple playlist using music that's ALREADY in the cloud.

Or maybe this guy just has a phone that doesn't have data. Or isn't a smartphone. Or he doesn't want to learn something new.

JR

Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unless there is some portable USB CD player- you’re outta luck. Unless you replace the whole head unit. I knew this was coming years ago so I ripped all my cd’s into iTunes and I play them through a 160 gb iPod to the head unit. I would love to still have a CD player in the truck but it’s going away for good.
I wonder if the portable cd player that you plug into your computer through the USB would work?
I have one. Maybe I’ll try it and see what happens.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing is easier than saying, "play Love Shack" after holding the activate button on the wheel. Technology has passed you by to where it's easier for you to do the harder method, and you're complaining that companies aren't manufacturing the harder method. I hope you find a solution, but I also don't understand letting technology pass you by like this.
I never have the "damn I wish I could listen to "X" song" now. Just imagi
Ford Bronco So what about CD (compact discs)? How to play them in the Bronco 1674163797773

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I wonder if the portable cd player that you plug into your computer through the USB would work?
I have one. Maybe I’ll try it and see what happens.
Tried it, didn't work. "This USB device not supported" It's worth a try if you have one though.

OP
OP
Gnomad

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love how on B6G somebody can ask a question and almost nobody will step in to help and answer the question that was *asked* but instead tell the OP everything they are doing wrong.
Yeah I expected that. I even put a disclaimer in my original post.
So apparently my choices are buy a $100 player off Amazon that may or may not work, rent music I alerady own, or spend hours stuffing it into my phone, to do something trhat my 2008 Land Rover did already. Yeah it sure feels like we've moved ahead eh?

Sponsored

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's still wildly frustrating that Ford didn't even put a line-in on the head unit
Perhaps on the back or a way to "hack" one into the back?

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m really surprised there isn’t a commercial service offering CD’s to digital media transfers.
There are and have been around for a very long time. Ship them a stack of CDs and they ship back the music on your preferred storage type.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah I expected that. I even put a disclaimer in my original post.
So apparently my choices are buy a $100 player off Amazon that may or may not work, rent music I alerady own, or spend hours stuffing it into my phone, to do something trhat my 2008 Land Rover did already. Yeah it sure feels like we've moved ahead eh?
Nah man, no need - like I posted way back b4 it got drowned out you're looking at maybe $60 (it's just the first one I found, I didn't shop around) for a CD player *designed* to be portable (larger buffer for skip protections, etc.) that also has a built-in FM transmitter. I'd personally avoid using Bluetooth for this just so nothing's fighting with your phone to pair with the head unit so that's why, for me, FM is the better approach (look, in for a dinosaur penny with the CD's, in for a dinosaur pound with *FM* radio LOL). If it doesn't work it's Amazon and you can send it back but unless the unit is actually *defective* the system works - you play your CD's with your head unit tuned to the FM frequency the player is using and it's WGNOmad, blasting fractions of watts into the airwaves! :cool:
https://www.amazon.com/MONODEAL-Transmitter-Rechargeable-Protection-Headphones/dp/B09M6HL3XV

markpilip

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And this is where I get told to transfer them to my phone or a USB stick or whatever. Yeah I can do that but it takes time and I'd rather just be able to chuck my CD's into the head unit or multi-changer and not have to worry about all of that.
Apparently they don't make those old school changers that you would load with a magazine and play over the radio or the AUX input either.
Don't feel like feeding apple music and Sirius, or other streaming. I have the CD's. I used them in my other vehicles.

YARN | It'll replace CDs soon. I'll have to buy the White Album again. | Men in Black (1997) | Video clips by quotes | 2e56b44c | 紗 (getyarn.io)
Similar problem here: I really need to play my Foghat and Bread 8 tracks in my OBX. Any thoughts on how to do this?
Sponsored